Hastings Gone & Golly Back

CaleyD

Good to have Golly back, I think he is capable of dong a good job for us. But may well be back to County when we get back in the SPL.

Hastings departure is more of a mystery. A capable deputy for LDZ who would have kept the pressure on him. He had a flaw in his game, but was usually reliable enough. Great servant for the club and a heck of a nice chap by all acounts. He should get his game wether he is here or not. Poor show if he doesn't. Strange and sad.

As for Vigurs. Vigurs departure had very little to do with football, and more to do with the fact that he is an alleged racist thug, who without doubt had a bad attitude. This will soon make itself apparent at County.

gordyfromsneck.

I know pretty much 90% of the caley squad as friends and that included vigurs when he was there. I would like to point out that he is a very nice laid back guy and what you are saying about him is completely un called for, especially as you clearly don't know him, because if you did you would not be saying those things. You should also know that you shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers. Please if you can refrain from personal attacks.

One thing you should know also, vigurs was released by ICT before this incident and to date has a clean record and still does until proven otherwise.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd feel let down as a fan of ICT if we didnt make the effort to arrange a testimonial match for Hastings at some stage.

I've said this before but the last time I saw Golly play was last winter, he looked alot fitter than I'd seen him for years, maybe him being frozen out at County has something to do with Brewster? Was he the ICT manager when he left first time round?

ICT cannot arrange anything for Richard. It has to be done by an independant testimonial committee. Unfortunately Richard seems to have lost out. The October game was already after the end of his 'official' testimonial year, but they had received special permission to have the game in October. Don't think there can be a way back.

I do agree though that it should still happen, but not sure of the logistics when he is playing somewhere else. He served his time and deserved his testimonial.

Good to have Golly back, I think he is capable of dong a good job for us. But may well be back to County when we get back in the SPL.

Hastings departure is more of a mystery. A capable deputy for LDZ who would have kept the pressure on him. He had a flaw in his game, but was usually reliable enough. Great servant for the club and a heck of a nice chap by all acounts. He should get his game wether he is here or not. Poor show if he doesn't. Strange and sad.

As for Vigurs. Vigurs departure had very little to do with football, and more to do with the fact that he is an alleged racist thug, who without doubt had a bad attitude. This will soon make itself apparent at County.

gordyfromsneck.

I know pretty much 90% of the caley squad as friends and that included vigurs when he was there. I would like to point out that he is a very nice laid back guy and what you are saying about him is completely un called for, especially as you clearly don't know him, because if you did you would not be saying those things. You should also know that you shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers. Please if you can refrain from personal attacks.

One thing you should know also, vigurs was released by ICT before this incident and to date has a clean record and still does until proven otherwise.

I hear you CaleyP. I will be watching, though.

All I can say is welcome back Golly. I understand he is nearly 35, but considering his status here in the past - and his consistancy here (can't comment on his time at Livi or County - didn't see him play more than a couple of highlight programmes) - I've always liked him. Could well be wrong, but his experience may well prove vital in the short-term especially considering most of our first-team is fairly new. He knows what it is to play for Caley and I look forward to seeing him in a Caley shirt again...and hey, plenty of players of his age have been succesful in this division before. I believe he can do the job!

Maybe Butcher is trying to get back to the team that won SFL1 last time out. I hear that Wilson has been sounded out over a move back to us in January...

I can quite believe the rumour of Bazza coming back, probably in a player/coach capacity.

Welcome back Golly. He played a great game yesterday. He certainly looks a lot fitter than he did when he was with us before, latterly. He seemed to fit in really well for his first game back.

Off to gargle with TCP now as my throat still a bit raw after yesterdays penalty shoot out!

That's a good point, unless it's not "Butchers Choice". Is Grassa at it behind the scenes.

"Butchers Choice"

:ohmy: :025: :025: :015:

Are we suggesting he's the dawgs?

Reading the thread and a few interesting points put across.

I think its probably simply a case of Hastings was on a high wage and wasn't 1st choice. So was released/given to Hamilton and Butcher probably on deadline day asked Grassa if he knew of any decent cheap experienced available left backs and Golly's name popped up. I welcome him back. Was good before and will add much needed passion and commitment to the squad. Been there done that like most of our defenders so not totally a crazy signing. Could do with shaving a couple of years off but hey whatcha gonna do!

Wouldnt have minded getting Hart back though- instead of him going to Dundee. He's a good 1st div player who didnt really get prolonged chance in SPL.

That's a good point, unless it's not "Butchers Choice". Is Grassa at it behind the scenes.

"Butchers Choice"

:021: ;) :lol::lol:

Are we suggesting he's the dawgs?

Reading the thread and a few interesting points put across.

I think its probably simply a case of Hastings was on a high wage and wasn't 1st choice. So was released/given to Hamilton and Butcher probably on deadline day asked Grassa if he knew of any decent cheap experienced available left backs and Golly's name popped up. I welcome him back. Was good before and will add much needed passion and commitment to the squad. Been there done that like most of our defenders so not totally a crazy signing. Could do with shaving a couple of years off but hey whatcha gonna do!

Wouldnt have minded getting Hart back though- instead of him going to Dundee. He's a good 1st div player who didnt really get prolonged chance in SPL.

Sounds like golly did really well, that's brilliant, glad to hear he still has it in him.

Aye good shout, Hart would have been a brilliant signing, i really rate Harty. would he have come back though if we had gone for him?

pretty much agree with all of that - that was my first thought too when I heard the release / signing info.

Correct me if I'm wrong but was there not a short time Golabek filled in at right back. That came into my head the other and couldn't remember if it happened or not. I do however remember Golabek seeming to have long spells at left midfield, especially in the first couple of seasons in the SPL after Hastings returned.