Dale Gillespie, Butchered

GEO

Although the official website reports Gillespie released by mutual agreement there is a bit more to the story than that.

After a preseason of being ignored completely or being played out of position when he did get a game he approached Butcher and asked what his plans were for him this season. Butchers reply ? Your not in my plans, if you want you can go out on loan or if you can find another club we (ICT) will not stand in your way? and reason for this ?I will using my signings this season? effectively he was dumped one week before the start of the season.

If he had?nt asked Butcher I just wonder when he actually planned telling him this. Butcher should have told Gillespie this back in May at the end of last season and given the player a fair chance to find a new club, most players are signed by clubs before pre season ever starts he has been denied this opportunity. Another kick in the nuts for the ICT youth system.

Butchers management style sucks.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although the official website reports Gillespie released by mutual agreement there is a bit more to the story than that.

After a preseason of being ignored completely or being played out of position when he did get a game he approached Butcher and asked what his plans were for him this season. Butchers reply ? Your not in my plans, if you want you can go out on loan or if you can find another club we (ICT) will not stand in your way? and reason for this ?I will using my signings this season? effectively he was dumped one week before the start of the season.

If he had?nt asked Butcher I just wonder when he actually planned telling him this. Butcher should have told Gillespie this back in May at the end of last season and given the player a fair chance to find a new club, most players are signed by clubs before pre season ever starts he has been denied this opportunity. Another kick in the nuts for the ICT youth system.

So despite being told weeks ago that he could leave, he failed to secure himself another club or leave the club, yet waited until the final day of the transfer window to do so? Right. Ok.

Not buying it, sorry.

IMO what you have described IS mutual consent.

Dale "I need first team football"

Butch "You ain't gonna get that here, find a new club and we won't stand in your way"

Dale "Okay"

Mutual

After a preseason of being ignored completely or being played out of position when he did get a game he approached Butcher and asked what his plans were for him this season. Butchers reply " Your not in my plans, if you want you can go out on loan or if you can find another club we (ICT) will not stand in your way" and reason for this "I will using my signings this season" effectively he was dumped one week before the start of the season.

If he had'nt asked Butcher I just wonder when he actually planned telling him this. Butcher should have told Gillespie this back in May at the end of last season and given the player a fair chance to find a new club, most players are signed by clubs before pre season ever starts he has been denied this opportunity. Another kick in the nuts for the ICT youth system.

So despite being told weeks ago that he could leave, he failed to secure himself another club or leave the club, yet waited until the final day of the transfer window to do so? Right. Ok.

Not buying it, sorry.

:huh: :lol: Was that a joke? Of course he waited till the last day of the window! He was waiting to see if he could find a club and since he didnt, he left! Not fecking rocket science!

Not buying it, sorry.

Yes he did wait until the last day of transfer window and yes he has failed to secure another club but with no prospect of playing under Butcher he has left in order to be a free agent and for the following reasons. I pulled this explanation from the BBC website regarding transfer rules,

"Players who are out of contract and do not have a club, can be signed outside of the transfer window if they are unattached free agents when the window closes".

Are you Dale Gillespie?

No, but I do know him.

From what I know GEO is speaking the truth, good luck for the future Dale!!

I have heard the same thing. Not surprised really. Are we seeing the way things really are? Good luck Dale! You got talent it will just have to be used elsewhere. Maybe not a bad thing.

IMO what you have described IS mutual consent.

Dale "I need first team football"

Butch "You ain't gonna get that here, find a new club and we won't stand in your way"

Dale "Okay"

Mutual

Caley D 'In any other profession it would be called Constructive Dismissal.'

I may not condone the way it was done, IF this be correct but I would think that every Saturday there is grounds for constructive dismissal as players are left out of teams where they feel they have a right to play.

Managers must put players in the picture re their future at the club if they are to be fair and this will then allow that player to map out their future within the game.

Sometimes a move backwards/sideways is really a move forward in the longer term and let's hope Dales experience at the moment, although hurtful, will lead to better things for him.

Do we accept this presentation at face value and slate our manager for ehhhhhh- doing his job?

As I said elsewhere, I don't blame the manger for the outcome. Once he (the player) was told that he would not feature then it's the Director of Footballs job to sort out the situation with the lad. He had a contract which tied him to the club and he had no option but to terminate that contract "by mutual consent" on the last day of the transfer window or he would have remained tied to a club where he was being offered no real chance to progress.

In no other industry would that be deemed acceptable and if anyone was forced to terminate a contract for their own good and because they were being denied fair right to progress within the company then it would almost certainly result in a case of Constructive Dismissal...i.e. being forced out the door...and the person would have a stone wall case for compensation.

It's not what's happened, but the way it's happened, that annoys me.

Good luck Dale, More short sight on our part, fingers crossed County pick you up for free and then you stop every attack we throw at you... best of luck, you have a tallent and you should not waste it big yin...

Managers must put players in the picture re their future at the club if they are to be fair and this will then allow that player to map out their future within the game.

I agree with this. But from what the original poster states, it just doesn't sound right to wait until a week or two before the transfer window shuts before letting a player know that there is no place for them in the team. Why wasn't he told in May when a lot of the other players were let go and give him a chance to find himself a team?

It's a real shame, and saddening to see yet another of the products of the ICT youth system shown the door.

Do the club still keep in contact with the players they let go to help them find a club? Some of the young players might not have agents and find it hard to find a club cause some clubs might not know that there available

All the best dale