Dale Gillespie, Butchered

GEO

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to the boy but football is a nasty business when a kids dream is ruined. It really is all about opinion, Brewster thought he was good enough but Butcher didn't. Simple as that. He isn't the first to be told it's over and he certainly won't be the last. Now is the time to get a real job and move on.

He will end up at a Highland League club, just like all ther other youth players released by the club over the years.

And absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Not at all, a couple of my mates, and one work colleague played in the 1st Division/SPL for ICT and now play in the Highland League and they love it.

I am not being nasty here...................but maybe, just maybe, no matter how much most of us would have liked Dale to have stayed and become a Caley Thistle legend, is it possible that he was not going to reach the standard required............

..............life can be tough at times, but I am sure Dale will come back a better player for this.

He scored one of the best goals I have ever witnessed at Forres against Elgin to win the NoS cup (i think) a couple of years ago..........superb first time volley into the top corner from 25 yards, what a stunning goal.

Has anyone considered that *shock horror* he just wasn't good enough?

I guess Butcher doesn't think he is good enough. On the other hand, Brewster obviously thought he was. He was also considered good enough for the Scotland U19s last year.

...maybe he was just unlucky?

There is not doubt there was potential in him but there was also potential in other players i.e Vigurs, Zander, who if anything were better than Dale. Expect to see Jamie Duff go in January.

There is not doubt there was potential in him but there was also potential in other players i.e Vigurs, Zander, who if anything were better than Dale. Expect to see Jamie Duff go in January.

I wouldn't be surprised if duff was next to go. Butcher clearly can't see what talent is, if his signing are anything to go by.

i can honestly say [Abuse removed] I have no faith in the guy whatsoever. he has completely scrapped all the young talent the club did so well to produce..ie Vigurs, Wood, Zander, Dale etc. By the time butcher is finished he'll have a bunch of lads from down south who have no connection or knowledge of the club and they'll probably be sh*t just like the lads he's already brought in bar Cox (who i actually do think is good). i could understand why butcher would get rid of these guys if he was replacing them with better players but he isn't. With blackie, cowie, hasting, fraser, vigurs, wood, zander, dale etc all gone, and now Duncan, Duff and mcbain not getting a look in.....it just seems like butcher has ripped the heart out of the team. AM I THE ONLY PERSON THAT IS SEEING THIS???? These are the players that helped us achieve good things.

Emm, no you're not alone CaleyP, ripped the heart out of the team when all it needed was a bit of CPR. Hell, maybe we'd still be in the SPL and the tinks wouldn't have earned bragging rights. Who knows? :angry:

I guess that makes me feel a little better knowing that other people are seeing this happening too.

I don't think anyone is failing to see anything, it's just that some are more willing/able to look beyond the simplistic view that anyone who has left has been as a result of the managers wishes.

We lost players through their own personal decision to leave, we lost players because we were unwilling/able to meet their wage demands and we lost players as a result of our U19's being abolished. Sure, we might also have lost a couple because Butcher just didn't rate them, but that happens in most squads when a new manager comes in.

Let's not forget that it was only a few weeks ago we were discussing how Butcher actually managed to secure places for 3 or 4 of the younger lads by putting his foot down and demanding that the club retain them/bring them back after returning from holiday to find they'd all been shown the door so it's not all been one way traffic and mass clearouts of everyone.

The number of fans who seem incapable of forming a balanced view and who refuse to acknowledge any fact that doesn't fit with their views is more worrying than anything else.

I wouldn't be surprised if duff was next to go. Butcher clearly can't see what talent is, if his signing are anything to go by.

i can honestly say [Abuse removed] I have no faith in the guy whatsoever. he has completely scrapped all the young talent the club did so well to produce..ie Vigurs, Wood, Zander, Dale etc. By the time butcher is finished he'll have a bunch of lads from down south who have no connection or knowledge of the club and they'll probably be sh*t just like the lads he's already brought in bar Cox (who i actually do think is good). i could understand why butcher would get rid of these guys if he was replacing them with better players but he isn't. With blackie, cowie, hasting, fraser, vigurs, wood, zander, dale etc all gone, and now Duncan, Duff and mcbain not getting a look in.....it just seems like butcher has ripped the heart out of the team. AM I THE ONLY PERSON THAT IS SEEING THIS???? These are the players that helped us achieve good things.

Sorry, but this is a fact of life in football. I don't think you will hear Ross and Shinnie complain!

He will end up at a Highland League club, just like all ther other youth players released by the club over the years.

Funny you should say that. I watched Cove v Buckie tonight and there was six on show.

Stewart McKenzie the Cove goalie plus Buckie's McKinnon, Stewart, MacRae, MacMillan and Zander.

McLeod has been frustrated in the transfer market over the summer months with several targets opting to move elsewhere and shun the advances from Seafield Park. The Strath boss is not letting that get him down though as he tries to bring Dale Gillespie - freed by Inverness CT at the end of last month - to Grantown. The midfielder has represented Scotland at school boy level and McLeod stated:

"I have spoken to both the player and his father about the prospect of coming to join us as he is exactly the sort of player we are looking for. He is hoping to stay in the game full time at the moment though and he has a contact in Cyprus so he might be able to get himself sorted out with a full time club over there. He said he would keep in touch with us about what his plans are."

There may be more additions on the way at Grantown with McLeod looking to strike deals for several players having failed to agree terms with both Gary Farquhar and Mark McRitchie over the last week. He added:

"We are also interested in Inverness CT striker Daniel Park as we feel we can offer him a regular game which he won't be getting at Caley now they have scrapped their reserve team

copied from highland league website

Dale don't do it, don't go the team that is going to replace fort william as the worse team in britain....your far to good. get yourself at least a top half highland league team if you drop to that level, but i reckon scottish division footy for you mate i think, don't waste your talent you'll only regret it.

McLeod has been frustrated in the transfer market over the summer months with several targets opting to move elsewhere and shun the advances from Seafield Park. The Strath boss is not letting that get him down though as he tries to bring Dale Gillespie - freed by Inverness CT at the end of last month - to Grantown. The midfielder has represented Scotland at school boy level and McLeod stated:

"I have spoken to both the player and his father about the prospect of coming to join us as he is exactly the sort of player we are looking for. He is hoping to stay in the game full time at the moment though and he has a contact in Cyprus so he might be able to get himself sorted out with a full time club over there. He said he would keep in touch with us about what his plans are."

There may be more additions on the way at Grantown with McLeod looking to strike deals for several players having failed to agree terms with both Gary Farquhar and Mark McRitchie over the last week. He added:

"We are also interested in Inverness CT striker Daniel Park as we feel we can offer him a regular game which he won't be getting at Caley now they have scrapped their reserve team

copied from highland league website

strathspey have a couple of new additions,at training the other night,nicky walker(ex dons and gers) has joined as goalkeeping coach,and callum mckinlay(ex gers+hibs youth player,played for scotland under 16,s and gretna in spl) is also trial he is more famous for his court case though,but who cares as long as he does it on the park.also a big centre back from glasgow is coming on trial next week