Losing faith in Butcher

Westhillman

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most of the booing comes from the North Stand.

:unsure:

What nonsense ................. and, anyway, I'm not talking about booing, I'm talking about general and relentless negativity.

I did not say we could've been as successful with only locals, the majority of our new signings are average (at best) mercenaries here for the money and have no affinity with the Highlands. We have released better players, Ian Vigurs for instance has won the fizzy pop youth player of the month and I'll bet he continues to haunt us through the season.

I believe you need to let these new players settle before judging them as "average (at best)"

I believe you are correct. :unsure::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I am NOT losing faith but I am beginning to question some of the tactics and the selections - I am waiting to see whether he will change them - that is the crux of the matter.

I also still have faith but he keeps harping on about the team not gelling and not having experience at that level, well get Duncan and McBain back in there quickly, both have experience and will help out the new lads.

I am NOT losing faith but I am beginning to question some of the tactics and the selections - I am waiting to see whether he will change them - that is the crux of the matter.

I also still have faith but he keeps harping on about the team not gelling and not having experience at that level, well get Duncan and McBain back in there quickly, both have experience and will help out the new lads.

I agree with Steve. We need experience in midfield to shepherd the wingers and forwards.

We've played 6 games so far and are unbeaten in five of those. Were we in SPL we'd think that was a fantastic achievement. This league is no different.

For ages, and you can look back at my old posts if you like, I thought Duncan was rubbish. I still don't think he's particularly amazing, nor quite as good as McBain, but what I would give to have him back in the first team you wouldn't believe. He might be a poor passer, but he has the experience and hold the ball up well, which is desperately needed at this time in ICT history. Stratford for me aint good enough at all. I was also told a few weeks back on the grapevine, that Duncan aint happy right now, due to constantly being on the bench. Unless he get his place back soon, it looks like he may well be away.

Duncan needs to be given a chance, Its crazy to keep an experienced midfielder on the bench when we are struggling in midfield. If Butcher persists with the current 11 for much longer then i don't doubt that people will start losing faith in him.

At the moment we are doing reasonably well with a couple hiccups here and there. A couple changes is needed and he needs to realise this fast.

We looked like a struggling 1st division side yesterday and we got exactly what we deserved after a very poor first half performance.

Pre match TB worked the press like he does every week and made his usual comments about making important changes to the squad but quite frankly these changes made little difference. Once again we were exposed at the back and the midfield failed to deliver, tactically the team lacked imagination and there was no leadership on or off the field. Post match comments are now starting to sound very repetative.

He had the squad in for a punishment session today, I wonder what that consisted off, a few miles of running no doubt.

We're doing fine.

Settle down.

The party starts soon.

and you know this how?

Question this put in English and might I reply?

I cannot see the future, but I do have belief.

We're doing fine.

Settle down.

The party starts soon.

and you know this how?

Question this put in English and might I reply?

I cannot see the future, but I do have belief.

Oops. Don't know what happened there.

Belief eh! So what is Father Christmas bringing you this year?

I am hoping for the big prize at the end of April.

Having a look about earlier and found this about Butcher's time as Sydney boss. It's an interesting point.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/

To get the video, go about half way down and click on the Featured Videos and then the "Stoppage Time: Foreign Coaches. Butcher is mentioned about 1 minutes 50 seconds in.

Edited by Renegade

Having a look about earlier and found this about Butcher's time as Sydney boss. It's an interesting point.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/

To get the video, go about half way down and click on the Featured Videos and then the "Stoppage Time: Foreign Coaches. Butcher is mentioned about 1 minutes 50 seconds in.

mmmmm, Les Murray - that man does not like Terry Butcher: Les Murray on Terry Butcher

I think anyone who is losing faith in Butcher or wants him sacked need to get a reality check because i believe he will sort things out

WHO IS WITH ME!!!!!!!!

A question for all fans who are turning on Butch, who would you replace him with and why that certain person because i guarentee you that these names would be no better than a Scotland assistant manager?

1-0 to me and Butcher fans :D :D :D :D :lol::lol:

I am not calling for Butcher to be sacked at all, just not yet anyway. Really has his signings on the whole been good? No, the only ones with any merit are Cox (who seems to have got worse over the last few games) and Hayes. Bulvitis is an accident waiting to happen, Stratford is just rubbish and Eagle is either decent or poor. The football hasn't exactly been amazing, the results haven't exactly been brilliant, failing to beat mediocre sides like Airdrie and Ayr and then getting absolutely gubbed by County. He also made some bizarre decesions in the lead up to the end of last season, then to put the icing on the cake, went with a quite frankly stupid line-up. Decisions that ultimately in the end that played a part in ICT's relegation.

Butcher is my mind will not ever be sacked by ICT. He'll either leave about Christmas time (probably sighting budget shortages and the like, most likely to save his own record, when it becomes clear that he cannot steer ICT back to the SPL). If that doesn't happen it'll most likely be, that should ICT get promoted (though now unlikely) he probably will sign a new contract. If not, he'll see out his contract and that'll be it. The reason I'm not calling for his head, and the reason why at this time I hope he doesn't go is because I see Butcher as being the lesser of two evils, and should Butcher go, my worry...no, make that what I am absolutely petrified o,f is Malpas getting the job. Someone I reckon he'd be an absolute disaster. To quote Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead, "when you're made to pick the lesser of two evils, your still picking evil". Unfortunately in this case we haven't much choice.

I am not calling for Butcher to be sacked at all, just not yet anyway. Really has his signings on the whole been good?

OK, so you've mentioned Hayes and Cox who have both shown potential in the early part of the season. Stratford, Eagle and Bulvitis have been disappointing but it's too early to judge these signings.

Don't forget, Butcher also signed Foran, Odhiambo and Golabek.

I am not calling for Butcher to be sacked at all, just not yet anyway. Really has his signings on the whole been good?

OK, so you've mentioned Hayes and Cox who have both shown potential in the early part of the season. Stratford, Eagle and Bulvitis have been disappointing but it's too early to judge these signings.

Don't forget, Butcher also signed Foran, Odhiambo and Golabek.

Butchers biggest mistake was letting Hastings go. Simple as! Even if we signed Golly and had him play LCB alongside Munro, that would be good. Tokely,Munro,Golabek,Hastings back 4. That should stop ANY team in scotland.

Foran is good but needs someone beside him feeding him balls into him(nothing dirty there :lol: )Ideally that should be Imrie when hes fit and Johnny Hayes as great potential to be a great Right Winger for us. the workrate he put in in the 2nd half was superb. Just needs to hit the ground running from the off to make it count.