Tactics for the Dandy Dons

Harry Chibber

Right we seem to be going round in circles about who is to blame for Saturdays performance.  I think it would be a good idea to look forward to this weekend and how things will hopefully improve. 

I would go for:

----------------Broonie----------------

Tokely----Dods---Munro--Hastings

Wilson---Black---Duncan---Rankin

----------Dargo----Wyness----------

I thought our midfield and attack were decent in the first match while obviously there were flaws at the back.  "If it ain't broke don't fix it" and considering we had the 4th best defense in the SPL last season that should have been obvious to CC from the start.  If Tokely is still out of form then Caff instead.  I can understand the people preferring Morgan as the natural winger but I think everyone forgets that he is still a young player and always learning while Rankin seems to have a bit more composure.  Also I think CC would be severely scrutinized if he replaced him out wide after he crafted our only goal last Saturday.

I expect a vast improvement in our defense against the dons, I think that Dods and Munro will be looking to show everyone that their defensive laps was a one off.  Last season when we had the shock defeat to Partick and CC inspired the team to beat United 4-2... that's the sort of response we need this week.

Guest kingkojak

agree with most of that harry but id like to see rankin more central at the front of the midfield in a supporting roal for dargo with morgan on the Left, 

its not likely to happen  but im keen to see a 4-5-1

---------------brown----------------

rossco---dods---munro---hastings

barry --- black---duncan----morgan

-----------------------rankin-------------

-------------dargoals------------------

Guest kingkojak

IHE i know i said it already - but its a feckin brilliant idea!  :015:

might post it again somewhere else......  in fact, im going to post it to Charlie !

Sorry. I cleaned out the tea leaves.  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :004:

By the way. Idid'nt know this - did youse?

McAllister to return for Caley

Inverness Caledonian Thistle striker Rory McAllister will return to the squad for the SPL trip to Aberdeen.

The 19-year-old was suspended for the opening-day defeat by St Mirren after being dismissed in an Under-19 game last season.

Caley head coach Charlie Christie said: "We were a bit baffled to find that Rory could not face St Mirren.

"He was sent off in an Under-19s game at the end of last season.

"During the summer, he turned 19 and, as he was not eligible for the Under-19s, the SFA said he had to serve his ban in the first team.

"It is unfortunate, but at least he is available this weekend."

Do you want the HSBN number fer the book??

I was not allowed to use my psychic name but I suppose there could be no other:

d_3abade70a3feb30977ab5d4db25cd5b1.jpg

Tea-Cup Reading and the Art of Fortune Telling by Tea-Leaves

by: Highland Seer

ISBN: 0-7873-1282-7

format: Paperback

pages: 94

How to tell fortunes by tea leaves. With 10 illustrations. Contents: Preface; Introduction to the Art of Divination From Tea Leaves; Ritual & Method of Using the Tea Cup; General Principles to be Observed in Reading the Cup; An Alphabetical List of Symbols With Their Signification; Specimen Cups, With Interpretations; Omens.

Price: $13.30

Sponsored by Tetley.  :001:

If I were puting the team together for this one I'd go:

Brown

Dods Golly Munro

Rossco Wilson Hart Black Hastings

Dargo McAllister

Flak jacket and helmet have been donned in readiness :015:

Guest kingkojak

now im baffled....

why does a book about tea cup reading have an article on page p94 about charlie mulgrew?  :006:

Guest Father Ted

As far as Charlie is concerned, performance does not appear to come into it.

He play's who he wants regardless.

Take it you've not seen Wyness's performance over the last couple of games.

What last couple of games? Friendlies where the whole team by all accounts either underperformed or did well as a whole depending on the game? I must admit that I wasn't at the last three but that was the impressions I got.

Thing is he was good against St. Mirren, held the ball up well and showed some nice touches as well. Don't think he should be dropped, especially not for Rory. If we are going to look at Denzils performances in friendlies and say that he hasn't performed well then neither has MacAllister.