Famous people you have met

Yngwie

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicest, friendliest celeb I've ever met was Lorraine Kelly. Totally genuine, warm person.

I was p1shed at the time, and she said something about having mislaid her "Fascinator", so I blurted out "Your what? Is that a sex toy?". She politely laughed and explained. All credit to her for keeping chatting to this crude drunk after a dodgy start to the conversation.

[it turns out that a fascinator is a sort of feathery alternative to a hat. She showed it to me later, and even let me stroke her feathers]

Met Bo Derek and husband John at Disneyland Florida,there's a fotee somewhwere of me giving her a squeeze! more localy, Johnny Briggs (Mike Baldwin of Corrie) asked if he could "borra yer paiper mate" whilst sat at Nairn Dunbar golf club,also 'Enry Cooper at the same variety club doo along with Russ Abott and a bird that used to dance with Pans people :cute01:

I met Tad from neighbors in a hostel in Belfast. ****.

Graham Roberts in Miso in Glasgow. ****

Billy Dodds at an Inverness Youth League award ceremony. Well sound

Bob Geldof at Caley Park. I served him a pie and didn't know who he was. Nice guy

Charlie from casualty in Marks and Spencers. I packed his shopping bag for him, and he donated money towards our scout trip. Well sound

Paul Sheerin came down to do some coaching at the Astro pitch in Inverness. Well sound

Duncan Shearer, as above. Twatish

Robert Pritz gave me a row for being greedy with the ball. Fair point. Sound.

Steve Paterson in the roller bowl toilets. He was very chatty. Nice guy.

All of Jurassic 5, for some weird reason, on more than one occasion. Super sound.

Gary Lightbody in King tuts. Nice guy

Billy Boyd. He's in my work all the time. sound

Edith Bowman and the singer from the Editors in Sleezys in Glasgow. Nice people.

Keith Wood several times. As sound as they come.

Bobby Charlton at culloden Academy.

Stephen Fry at an air show at either Inverness or Aviemore.

Nick Olivera outside the Garage in glasgow. He was smacking a pay phone of a phone box. Sound, but hot headed.........

chris akabusi at the running track in inverness.

Not as good as The Knowledge but here's my list

Craig Levein,

Byth Duff(Taggart) ,

Jim Whyte, So drunk he couldn't hit the dart board,

Ken Bruce, really nice guy,

Terri Nutkins, not very talkative

Mike Galloway, when at Celtic, really funny guy, at the time.

Andy Goram, always drunk, before 1990 world cup,

Tommy Burns, friendly guy,

Shahid Malik, wouldn't trust him as far as could throw him

Noel Edmonds,

Mr Blobby,(Barry) Didn't appreciate my sence of humour and had a wee scrap,

Postman Pat, Rupert the Bear, Fred Fintstone, Bob the Builder, Denis the Menace, and other kids characters andThe nice Mr Blobby(lovely girl) Shared the stage with them at a show at SECC.

Edited by Dewsburydude

I've met a few footballers in my time including the Caldwells and Brian Kerr. I've also been in the company of Scott Hastings. I've spoken to Dougie Donnelly. He's only about four foot nothing. I chatted to Ruby Wax in Benalmadena last year. I've also met, and drank with, Caley100 and TheMann4theJob. I even had a brief encounter with Johnboy. Never bought me a drink though. The Gringo's and PaulieBee's are lovely people also.

The most famous person I've met and spoken to was Prince Charles. I was working on the extension to Lochaber High School and he dropped in to open it. In a bloody great Wessex helicopter no less.

In my time working for Cal-Mac I waited table to the Charleton Heston family. He left a five p tip. His daughters were beautiful.

I've also been in the company of Scott Hastings.

I forgot, my auntie was in Tesco getting me a birthday card, and met Gavin Hastings, who was the then Scotland Rugby captain, and got him to sign my card. So i've a birthday card from him.. Does that count?

Also most of the Celtic UEFA Cup Final team, when we played them up here a few days after they beat Liverpool at Anfield. Wyness sunk them in a 1-0 victory that night :cute01:

Jasper Carrot

Jimmy White

Bill Maynard (Greengrass in Heratbeat + many others)

Bev Bevan (Drummer ELO + may others)

Jeff Lynn (ELO)

Frank Carson

Jennifer Rush

Clive Hornby (Played Jack Sugden in Emmerdale...and no, I don't watch it)

Eddie Kidd (he sat on my 'loaned' bike)

Randy Mamola

Terry Wogan

Dave Lee Travis

Rolf Harris

Janine James (former page 3 girl)

Andrew Sachs (at the time he featured in Faulty Towers)

Barbara Lord ('Babs' from Pans People)

Louise Clark (also from Pans People)

Andy Gray (as a Sky pundit not as a footballer)

Trevor Francis (as footballer and pundit)

Ron Saunders (former Aston Villa boss)

Sir Nigel Gressley (was in steam at the time on the North York' Moors Railway - does that count?)

Delia Smith (used to live in the village where I used to live...right miserable ol' bag)

I'm sure there are a few more but my brain has failed now....

Best i can do is played darts/had a few beers in a pub in Ardersier with Ozzy Osbourne.

We were playing footie for Ardersier vs Nairn (good few years ago mind) went for a pint to wait for me missus and in walks Ozzy and Mates(band) they were at the recording studio just up the road and needed a break, asked me to join in and i thought about it for a while but they forced me to... :023:

Never got a picture tho! feckin annoyed about that.

For Alternative Mary

What was Ian Rankin like?

Can't get enough of his writing.

Very nice, you'll be pleased to hear - one of those guys that just seems comfortable chatting away to people without appearing either self-conscious or condescending. In fact, seems like someone who is probably used to chatting to people in pubs, which makes sense if you've read his books.

Met the queen, Prince Charles and Princess Diana when I was doing Windsor Castle duties. Also met Roger Moore and Gary Rhodes in St Tropez. My uncle used to play in the Troggs before they were famous and used to practice in my gran's front room in Andover. Met Princess Anne in Northern Ireland. Almost ran over Jimmy floyd Hasselbank at Valencia airport if that counts.LOL

Yngwie.............are you Paranoid.

I am sure other famous people have met me..................Played darts against Harry Heenan, the then Scottish champ, got a bit disillusioned when he hit tops twice to finish a game, and he was throwing his darts flight first. Mind you I did win one leg.....woohooo.

Met Geoff Capes twice, he was scared of my Old English Sheepdog, what a woose.

Sat next to Jim Watt in airport lounge.

I am sure somebody else must have met me, I'll get back to you.

For those of a certain age (perhaps even older than The Mantis) the most famous person i've ever met is "The Golden Vision" himself, Alex Young. I had never heard of him when he came into hospital following a stroke but he assured me that he was of very few footballers to have won League and Cup in Scotland and England.

Cheeky cnut. Actually I used to live across the road from Alex Young's family when I was wee. His nephew was in my class and played for the same school team. Never met him though till recently as he was always away at Everton.

Met him at a Bonnyrigg Rose game a couple of years back. His son was playing (Jason Young, ex-Livi).

Forgot to say, I once met Heather the Weather......

Edited by The Mantis

Most Famous - George Clooney & Mark Wahlberg - Prefect Storm Premiere in Birmingham - swoon! :P

Favourite Famous Person - Sir Terry Wogan - I worked with him on Points of View, really really lovely guy. During filming I missed a week to go to my friends Wedding in Aberdeen, when I got back he remembered and took the time to ask me all about how the Wedding went - which I thought was just top! TOG for Life!

Least Favourite - Laurence Llewelyn Bowen - Arrogant Erse! Likes his Sushi though...that's another story :P

Worked with quite a few others:

Jeremy Clarkson

All the Old Top Gear Presenters - Vicki Butler Henderson, Tiff Needel, Jason Barlow

David Dimbleby (Question Time) (ran right into him on my first day at the BBC, thought I'd get the sack!)

Jack Dee

Vanessa Feltz - does she still count as a celebrity?

Westlife

Emma Bunton

John Craven

Ben Fogle

Michaela Strachan

Diane Louise Jordan (remember her - Blue Peter!)

Monty Don

Stan Collymore - surprisingly attractive in real life! B)

The Gardeners World Presenters - Joe Swift, Carole Klein

Various "C" List Daytime Presenters including Dominic Littlewood who ended up on Strictly Come Dancing.

It's definitely true what they say, the true stars have no ego and are lovely. The idiots who have been on telly for 10 minutes, are huge Divas!

Don't think anyone will ever top Uncle Terry - he's my absolute Hero!

Mrs PB

Edited by Mrs Pauliebee

Mrs PB's post reminded me that I met David Dimbleby when Question Time came from Inverness a few years ago.

Have also met Charlie Kennedy, oh and that bloke who does the stadium announcements at ICT... his name escapes me now.

Just noticed Alex's post from a few posts back... I met Dougie Donnelly several years ago... he must have been close on 6ft tall at that time.

Maybe he was wearing high heels.

Edited by Johnboy