Famous people you have met

Yngwie

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

, oh and that bloke who does the stadium announcements at ICT... his name escapes me now.

You mean the big bloke with the dodgy shirt?? - met him too, bit of a diva tho'

Yeah... that's the one!

He's ok when you get to know him, but he can be a wee bit cantankerous at times.

:unsure:

Most Famous - George Clooney & Mark Wahlberg - Prefect Storm Premiere in Birmingham - swoon! :lol:

Favourite Famous Person - Sir Terry Wogan - I worked with him on Points of View, really really lovely guy. During filming I missed a week to go to my friends Wedding in Aberdeen, when I got back he remembered and took the time to ask me all about how the Wedding went - which I thought was just top! TOG for Life!

Least Favourite - Laurence Llewelyn Bowen - Arrogant Erse! Likes his Sushi though...that's another story :P

Worked with quite a few others:

Jeremy Clarkson

All the Old Top Gear Presenters - Vicki Butler Henderson, Tiff Needel, Jason Barlow

David Dimbleby (Question Time) (ran right into him on my first day at the BBC, thought I'd get the sack!)

Jack Dee

Vanessa Feltz - does she still count as a celebrity?

Westlife

Emma Bunton

John Craven

Ben Fogle

Michaela Strachan

Diane Louise Jordan (remember her - Blue Peter!)

Monty Don

Stan Collymore - surprisingly attractive in real life! :unsure:

The Gardeners World Presenters - Joe Swift, Carole Klein

Various "C" List Daytime Presenters including Dominic Littlewood who ended up on Strictly Come Dancing.

It's definitely true what they say, the true stars have no ego and are lovely. The idiots who have been on telly for 10 minutes, are huge Divas!

Don't think anyone will ever top Uncle Terry - he's my absolute Hero!

Mrs PB

Diane Louise Jordan, came across her a couple of times and found her to be an arrogant jumped up little prima dona. Apart from that she was ok

TV, FILM & MEDIA

Jean-Jacques Annaud - Director of Quest for Fire

Rae Dawn Chong - Actress in Quest for Fire & Daughter of Tommy Chong

Janeane Garafolo - at this years Edinburgh Festival

Dominic Diamond - I roadied for his band The AM's at King Tuts.

Patrick Moor - After his Eden Court lecture

Billie Sloan - did a Clyde radio session with AGS 1990

Steve Mcfadden - Phil Mitchell in Eastenders at an Edinburgh festival show

Eastenders actress- Cant remember her name, she played Phil Micthells girlfriend

Jim Gelatly - I know jim from his old MFR days.

MUSIC

Jason Pierce - Spacemen3 & Spiritualized: Inverness 1998

Sonic Boom - Spacemen3 & Spectrum: Edinburgh 2007

The Damned ( Patricia Morrison, Dave Vanian, Monty, Captain Sensible): Edinburgh 2004

The Mission - Dingwall 2000 after their Mini Scottish Tour

Dubstar - Inverness after an MFR Interview with my mate Scott

The Supernaturals - Supported them with The Graduates: Edinburgh, Inverness, Aberdeen, Dingwall

Northside - Supported them at the Barrowlands 1991 with AGS

The Railway Children - Supported them Inverness Ice Rink 1990

Athlete - Had drinks with them after an Edinburgh show

The Farm - after their Aviemore show 1990

The Shamen - Supported them at the QM in Glasgow 1990

COMEDY

Frankie Boyle - Did stand up at my mates club

Daria o Brian - after my mate Scott interviewed him

Phil Kay

Im sure ive forgotten a few, but cant remember them at the moment

Jimmy Savell > Lympston Royal Marine Base

Rolf Harris > At the layby the other side of the Kessock Bridge..I kid not!!

Harry Rednapp > Weymouth

Ray Clements > Weymouth

The proclaimers > Dores Beach

Jethro > Bristol last Friday night

Spud the Piper > Fort Augustus....Hell :018:

Being a lot older than most of you, I've had a lot longer to build up a sizeable list of 'famous' people I've met. Back in the late 60s I worked at Heathrow airport and met lots of celebs there. After I got married, I started getting their autographs for my wife, but we seem to have lost most of them over the years. Off the top of my head I remember meeting -

Frank Sinatra and Mia Farrow (just after they got married)

Yul Bryner

Tony Bennett

Pat Boone

Deborah Kerr (absolutely delightful)

Liz Taylor (absolutely beautiful)

Ava Gardner (loud mouthed c*w)

I've also played cricket against Rohan Kanhai (when he was pro for Aberdeenshire), and Mike Denness against Kent in a charity do.

Also been lucky enough to meet several top golfers, Faldo and Lyle spring to mind, and also a few minor celebs on the golf course, Jasper Carrot, Lawrie McMenemy, Mick Channon, Jack Charlton amongst others.

In more recent years I've met Dawn French and Lenny Henry, Chris Rea, John Craven (his son and my son were work colleagues), Malcolm Young (of AC/DC).

Finally, through my friendship with Steve Perryman (ex Spurs), I've met quite a few of his colleagues from his playing days, like Pat Jennings and Martin Chivers.

Being a lot older than most of you, I've had a lot longer to build up a sizeable list of 'famous' people I've met. Back in the late 60s I worked at Heathrow airport and met lots of celebs there. After I got married, I started getting their autographs for my wife, but we seem to have lost most of them over the years. Off the top of my head I remember meeting -

Yul Bryner

Tony Bennett

Pat Boone

I've also played cricket against Rohan Kanhai (when he was pro for Aberdeenshire), and Mike Denness against Kent in a charity do.

Also been lucky enough to meet several top golfers, Faldo and Lyle spring to mind, and also a few minor celebs on the golf course, Jasper Carrot, Lawrie McMenemy, Mick Channon, Jack Charlton amongst others.

In more recent years I've met Dawn French and Lenny Henry, Chris Rea, John Craven (his son and my son were work colleagues), Malcolm Young (of AC/DC).

Finally, through my friendship with Steve Perryman (ex Spurs), I've met quite a few of his colleagues from his playing days, like Pat Jennings and Martin Chivers.

You win.

Yul Bryner

Tony Bennett

Pat Boone

You win.

Winner. Pat Jennings takes it.

Yul Bryner

Tony Bennett

Pat Boone

So.....

No big names CMIB?

Jack Nicklaus... When working at the Open Championship at St Andrews a few years back.

David Moyes... At a hotel in London the day before a Chelsea Everton fixture.

George Burley x 2... Was at the press conference with him and Darren Fletcher the day before the Macedonia game, poor guy was absolutely masacred by the press.

George Peat... Shared a lift with him on the day of the Macedonia game. I wanted to punch him in the head!

Gordon Smith... As above.

David Tanner... The craziest guy ever!!

Craig Brown... What a sweet old man. :-)

Archie Knox

Owen Coyle

Dougie Donnelly

Richard Baker (former newsreader).

Neil Oliver (Coast)

Tony Pollard (Two Men in a Tent/Trench)

Tony Robinson

Dylan Moran

Impressive list eh.

Oh and that Buffy lassie. Once.

Hope one day to meet the announcer at the Tulloch who's name escapes me too...

Edited by Connie.Orr

Richard Baker (former newsreader).

Never heard of him

Neil Oliver (Coast)

Never heard of him

Tony Pollard (Two Men in a Tent/Trench)

Never heard of him

Tony Robinson

Never heard of him

Dylan Moran

Never heard of him