Morton Roll Call

alternative maryhill

Don't think I've ever started one of these before.

So, who's up for a trip to the Costa del Clyde on Saturday? Classic Scottish football architecture at Cappielow, and the Norseman, which must be one of the handiest bars in the Scottish league, does a mean line in cheap cat's ****...

Is the railway station a long walk from the ground? If I go through I need to get the 1717 back to Central.

Not at all - five minutes or so. Is that 1717 from Cartsdyke or from Greenock Central, by the way? Cartsdyke is the station nearest Cappielow. Aiming to get the 1305 from Central, getting into Cartsdyke around 1345, if you can get through in time for that.

been told it is a s**t hole. I cant wait

:D Quality.

Shame on you both. Cappielow is a great Scottish football ground, the like of which we are seeing fast disappear in age age of prefab lunacy. A wooden main stand, two ends of terracing (one closed, forever), an enclosure with a holey asbestos roof, a long walk to outside toilets with a concrete pee-tray painted in club livery, and a shambolic pebble-dashed 60s inn selling cheap watery beer less than two minutes from the turnstiles. Does this sound like a shithole to you?

Edited by alternative maryhill

been told it is a s**t hole. I cant wait

:cheer01: Quality.

Shame on you both. Cappielow is a great Scottish football ground, the like of which we are seeing fast disapper in age age of prefab lunacy. A wooden main stand, two ends of terracing (one closed, forever), an enclosure with a holey asbestos roof, a long walk to outside toilets with a concrete pee-tray painted in club livery, and a shambolic pebble-dashed 60s inn selling cheap watery beer less than two minutes from the turnstiles. Does this sound like a shithole to you?

Dam right it does :boldblue:

Where abouts is this bar? I could do with a few pints before the game :D

The Norseman. Attached to the north-east corner of the ground. There will be a few of us in there shortly before 2, all being well.

No idea what time I will be there. The bus leaves at half 9 but the roadworks outside Glasgow are mental. I wask caught in them last Saturday and on Wednesday. Got stuck for about an hour going both ways. Hopefully the road wont be too busy tommorrow