ICT -V- Partick Th :Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still say you have to give a new manager at least one full season (even said it about CB too) - but definitely not a happy bunny today.

I understand some names in the lineup may have been put in there through necessity due to injury or whatever, but it is the job of TB and MM to get the best out of what they do have and they are not doing that yet .....

Just woke up from a wee post-prandial to this. Gawdalmighty.

Disgrace dreading sitting through the second half

TBH - I cant see what other team he could have started with - Personally I would have played McBain and cant understand why he isnt even on the bench - BUT all the chopping and changing doesnt help - we should have been settled by now :(

Agree absolutely about McBain - we could really do with a bit of experience and a cooler head. It's fair enough to blood youngsters who we hope may be good enough to be the future of the team, but it seems unwise to start with two players with virtually no experience when so many of the first team are unexperienced in this division already. I'd also have persevered with Sanchez - he was a bit off the boil against Airdrie, but goals against Dundee, Partick and Morton merit him a start IMO.

No chance of saving this now - hopefully it's a bad day rather than the start of a downward spiral, but the poor performances are now outnumbering the acceptable ones this season. I don't see the point in getting into a "Butcher out" campaign just yet though, although I know there are those who disagree.

Edited by alternative maryhill

We just seem like we've been taken completely by surprise. We need to sort it out.

No! taken by surprise would be to lose goals early in the game. It took 38 minutes. More than enough time to have them sussed out. Some on here seem to want to blame strikers. One even vents his venom on Barrowman. Sorry but there's 11 players in that team and all are to blame, as is the management duo. We all know Proctor's sh!te as right back. We all know Bulvitus makes mistakes. Puting the two of them together is just disastrous. I haven't seen or heard anything of this game so far but its my guess that PT have sussed the week side and profited by it.

We just seem like we've been taken completely by surprise. We need to sort it out.

No! taken by surprise would be to lose goals early in the game. It took 38 minutes. More than enough time to have them sussed out. Some on here seem to want to blame strikers. One even vents his venom on Barrowman. Sorry but there's 11 players in that team and all are to blame, as is the management duo. We all know Proctor's sh!te as right back. We all know Bulvitus makes mistakes. Puting the two of them together is just disastrous. I haven't seen or heard anything of this game so far but its my guess that PT have sussed the week side and profited by it.

Totally agree Alex

Ok so we have a few injuries but come on we must have enough in reserve to avoid been 3-0 down at h/t to Partick if not we can totally forget any illusions we had of bouncing right back up

Perhaps the deluded people who were crowing about going straight back up to the SPL have now been given a reality check. Better sides than ICT have tried and failed. It's going to be a long, long stay in the first division (if not worse). I hope I'm wrong.

Ok so we have a few injuries but come on we must have enough in reserve to avoid been 3-0 down at h/t to Partick if not we can totally forget any illusions we had of bouncing right back up

Perhaps the deluded people who were crowing about going straight back up to the SPL have now been given a reality check. Better sides than ICT have tried and failed. It's going to be a long, long stay in the first division (if not worse). I hope I'm wrong.

Personally I had no illusions about bouncing straight back up. But conceding 3 goals in 7 minutes is completely unacceptable in any league.

Perhaps the deluded people who were crowing about going straight back up to the SPL have now been given a reality check.

I just hope the reality check reaches the team and management too !!!! I have said it before and I will say it again but there is an element of arrogance that pervades part of our support and dare I say it our team as well that seems to think we are too good for this division and should "rightfully" be in the SPL ..... to think that is total bollox

The sooner we realise we are in the single hardest division in Scotland to get promoted from, and that other teams are not as mediocre as we would like to think, the better. We have to work hard, work as a team, not underestimate the opposition and not chop and change our team every single week if we are to have any chance.