No players on the p!ss tonight then

Alex MacLeod

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With TB being GB's right hand man, if it is true that some players were out on the lash last night, is it fair to say TB may take a book out of his Gaffers book and tell the offenders that they will never pull on a Caley top again?

Doubtful, unless one of them told Malpas to GTF at 8 this morning while another verbally abused a former managers wife...? Butcher wants them in for training, no words about not drinking!

Yesterday was pretty dire by all accounts (work prevented me from going...) and Airdrie last week certainly was. Been a while since seen a decent performance though the reports from Motherwell were positive.

10am on a Sunday training? Won't be popular but will it get the message over? Who knows... Next Sunday becomes massive now though, anything less than 100% commitment and a victory is just not acceptable. Butcher has talked the talk and until now I've been prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. After his reactions to the last few bad performances and his major reaction to yesterdays, he's made the Gypo game his personal watershed match which, for me anyway, will pretty much confirm or deny if this squad and management have what it takes to perform at an acceptable level.

We need to accept that this is the standard of athlete we have at the club, normal guys, who treat football like I treat my job, with mild contempt. The majority are average athletes and a little above average footballers.

I agree with what your saying there big yin, but whos fault is it they are here?

We need to accept that this is the standard of athlete we have at the club, normal guys, who treat football like I treat my job, with mild contempt. The majority are average athletes and a little above average footballers.

I agree with what your saying there big yin, but whos fault is it they are here?

It's just the level we're at. This is the type of player a club like ours gets.

It's just the level we're at. This is the type of player a club like ours gets.

Being at the level we're at I'd expect to be challenging at the top of the league considering we are in fact one of the bigger teams. Do we not actually receive the parachute payment from the SPL to help us to cope with the step down with higher playing budget? Where is it?

Type of player a club like ours gets? We didn't have any passengers last time we were in the First division. We were beating the Scottish champions in our first season in the first, playing attractive football and with a smaller budget.

It cracks me up how easily some folk on here accept the crap we are getting now.

Being at the level we're at I'd expect to be challenging at the top of the league considering we are in fact one of the bigger teams. Do we not actually receive the parachute payment from the SPL to help us to cope with the step down with higher playing budget? Where is it?

Type of player a club like ours gets? We didn't have any passengers last time we were in the First division. We were beating the Scottish champions in our first season in the first, playing attractive football and with a smaller budget.

It cracks me up how easily some folk on here accept the crap we are getting now.

Firstly, the crap we are getting now is not acceptable at all. Look at the crap we got under Brewster... and now the crap we have under Butcher. Both managerial stints have something in common, and it's a lot higher up than a manager.

Our board are puppets and the puppet master doesn't give two s**ts about football - that is the reality of the situation we face.

Has anybody sussed out the similarities between ICT under Brewster and ICT under Terry Butcher.

Once again the fans, or at least some of them, are not happy unless they are blaming the Manager.

I felt that the players ,for some reason, whether it be personality differences or personal disputes with Brewster--let him down badly in many matches.Personal interactions can be subtle but you always find the smart alecs or stronger individuals in a team who think that enjoying the discomfort of a manager, whose hands may be tied and so forth, is really cool.

It's all about their lack of humilty , as some posters on here have suggested may be the case in this season, their basic lack of respect for authority and , by extension, those who pay heir wages, and frankly iot seems to be for them a power stru8ggle to see whao can be top dog. This is not team spirit and how you instil that in modern players is beyond me.

I also think that TB has, in some measure at least, been the architect of some of the team's failings. His signing of what are really inexperienced younger players ,and the constant changes in the team to try and find the right blend, must have had a major psychological effect on all of the players.

I get the sense of frustration in him and a sense of confusion amongst the players leading to a certain demoralisation all round.

What worries me is that Caley Thistle do not seem to have the money to spend in strengtheneing the team in the needed areas right now by the signing of proven, not old but experienced , players and where TB goes from here is anybody's guess. Onet hing seems certain to me and that is that he does not have much room to manouevre here and that he must find a way to get the very best out of the current group or it will end badly this season. The big question is , IMHO, does he have the character and drive to inspire the players to greater heights because the buck unfortunately does stop at his desk......?

Oh and I totally agree that a true professional player whho has any brains in his head and a love for the club and to do his best for the club would NOT out drinking on a weekly basis. A true dedicated well-paid athlete would be right off all drugs and virtually tee-total.

If that is condoned or allowed because it is viewed as a right and really cool, etc ,then heaven help this club.

Have to agree with you SP, The team played no bad (although not creating much) but for no reason went into meltdown for 12 minutes, that is a team with little confidence.

I likened it to a game when Brew was in charge vs Aberdeen where we played fine for 35 mins then fell apart when they scored.

The only saving grace is that we tried a lot harder to get back into the game on saturday and almost sneaked a draw, the players i'm hoping, will be hurting and hurting bad, if not then we have problems.

I got slated for starting a thread after seeing them all out on the night after a major game during our relegation battle which we lost. Just shows you how many people stuck up for them then when we were in decent form but now.......

This thread was not started to clype on players who are out on the town. The point being made, and the question I ask, is the players wouldn't be able to be out very late and over indulge in alcoholic refreshment if they had to go in for a training session sunday morning. Is this the correct course of action?

I got slated for starting a thread after seeing them all out on the night after a major game during our relegation battle which we lost. Just shows you how many people stuck up for them then when we were in decent form but now.......

This thread was not started to clype on players who are out on the town. The point being made, and the question I ask, is the players wouldn't be able to be out very late and over indulge in alcoholic refreshment if they had to go in for a training session sunday morning. Is this the correct course of action?

How would you stop them going out for a drink on a Saturday night, whether or not they had a training session on the Sunday?

It is sad to say but the same players will go out week after week - then you do have the one's that don't and are looking after themselves. Yes some of them were out Saturday night, but how can you stop them?

I think the player's usually go back south after the saturday game and then return for training for Monday 12 o clock start.

I am unsure whether its right or wrong to pull them in to train on a Sunday as football management is totally different to any management I have been in, you are handling a load of egos and maybe they need to be treated like this. What I will say is the players that were out on Saturday night should have had more sense and should show a bit more humility in defeat

Lads in their 20s are keen on getting into town, having a drink and meeting girls. The best players in the top clubs do it, and to demand or expect anything else is unfair. Their metabolism should be back to normal by training time. Problem occurs if they do it every night, especially Fridays.

If Terry wanted to get them really motivated he should take them in for training on Saturday nights. No red wine, lucozade and pizzas there then.

Our ICT players seem to have gone off the Lemon Tree, whose home baking was the cause of so many problems for Taxi Sheerin, and moved their attentions to the Satrbucks in Eastgate Centre. All those finely tuned athletes getting pumped up in FairTrade Vente's and gluten free skinny apple and ginger muffins. Pure evil, I tells ya.

It is sad to say but the same players will go out week after week - then you do have the one's that don't and are looking after themselves. Yes some of them were out Saturday night, but how can you stop them?

I think the player's usually go back south after the saturday game and then return for training for Monday 12 o clock start.

Sunday & Monday are days off so im told.

Demanding the players in on sunday is dangerous, unless handled correctly.

Doubt they were in on Sunday after what I've been hearing..

Apparently there was some fighting amongst themselves on Saturday in a club, not just a wee argument, but punches flying, and someone I know was drinking beers with certain players, one of whom is injured though so doubt he would have been in anyway, til 10 on Sunday morning..

Can't see us getting a thing from County this weekend, the Gypos will definitely be going on my coupon anyway.

If mods have to delete above comments then fair enough I can see why, but some of the players seem to think they are feckin superstars and really do need a boot up the backside.

Edited by ICTFCkev