A Black Day fer ICT

I totally agree  :008: :008: :008:

Christie backs Black for the future

Charlie Christie is disappointed that Inverness starlet Ian Black has been omitted from the Scotland Under-21 squad to face Slovenia.

The 21-year-old had been part of the Scotland Future team, which defeated Turkey at the Caledonian Stadium in March.

But, despite being overlooked for the European Under-21 Championship qualifier in a fortnight, the Caley boss has backed Black to feature at international level in the future.

Christie said: "I thought the biggest opportunity for one of our players getting involved with Scotland would be Ian Black being a part of the under-21 squad.

"I was slightly surprised that was not the case, but I am sure his time will come."

4 August 2006

BLACK SEES RED AT HIS SCOTS SNUB

By Euan Mcarthur

IAN BLACK last night blasted the decision to snub him for the latest Scotland Under-21 squad.

And the Inverness midfielder claimed he would have been picked had been at either half of the Old Firm.

Back in March, he was part of the Scotland Futures side that lost to Turkey in a friendly at the Caledonian Stadium and was thought to be knocking on Walter Smith's door for full national honours.

At 21, he is also still eligible for the Under-21s but there was no place for the former Blackburn starlet in either squad named this week.

Black, who is wanted by Dundee United, was hoping his Futures squad call-up would have helped him secure aplace with the Under-21s.

He said: "To not even have been in the equation makes me honestly think the reason is because I'm playing for Inverness.

"It's maybe not a big enough club in some eyes and it's maybe a bit far away for people to come up and watch us regularly.

"If I was playing at Celtic, Rangers, Hearts or Hibs then I think it would be a different story.

"The same thing happened with our keeper Mark Brown last season. Mark is one of the best keepers in the SPL and has hardly missed a game since coming here.

"But David Marshall was in one of the squads when he wasn't even playing for Celtic so it makes you wonder.

"It feels like a kick in the teeth not to have been included. I'm very disappointed. To have been part of the Futures Squad and to then not be in the Under-21 squad is a slap in the face.

"With no disrespect to the other young lads who are in the squad, I'm still only 21 and still available.

"I played 24 games last year for Inverness so I'm playing regular first-team football."

This is why players aren't keen to sign a new contract and tbh who can blaim them.... If a player is good enough then he deserves to be picked simple as that!!

It seems ridiculous that players are being over looked because the Scotland coaching team is to lazy to travel and watch any of our matches

Black should be a shoe-in for the U21's and verging on the national team IMO

Brown and Dargo also have valid grounds to complain

This is why players aren't keen to sign a new contract and tbh who can blaim them.... If a player is good enough then he deserves to be picked simple as that!!

It seems ridiculous that players are being over looked because the Scotland coaching team is to lazy to travel and watch any of our matches

Black should be a shoe-in for the U21's and verging on the national team IMO

Brown and Dargo also have valid grounds to complain

I don't think you can really say that.

Maybe his exclusion from the squad has something to do with him not doing very much in the Future game played in Inverness last season, and the fact he was sent off in that match.

Afterall the coaching staff obviously do travel to watch players as Ross County's Craig Samson was included in the U21 squad.

Guest Caleycasual

The only reason craig samson got picked was because he used to play for dundee united. Walter smith obviously didnt see him play for ross county against caley as he was sh*te! :015:

Must be blind, just posted the same article as IHE did  :015:

Blackie should be playing for Scotland, him getting sent off in 45 mins of play was one of my highlights of last season!  :001: