3 mobile broadband top up

tokelyisvictorious

Ran out of credit a while back on my mobile broadband, and i've been trying to top up since. However when i try to do it through the website, i get a message sayiing that the service is unavailable. Tried phoning 3 last night, spent a ridiculous 52 minutes speaking to someone who didn't have a clue (i work at capgemini and i know when call/service centre workers are making it up as they go along).

Did get told that there is a top up shop in town somewhere but he didn't give me that address. Anyone any ideas about how to top up/where that shop is?

Then maybe i could get round to writing a match report without painstakingly typing it up on my phone....

Just topped up the one I use for the football the other day with no trouble at

https://my3.three.co.uk/myaccount/index.do

Just checked it again just now and all seems to be working ok.

Would you recommend a 3 dongle?

There are far better advantages for me to be using it such as signal, memory usage etc

Is it too good to be true or are there disadvantages to it?

For the most part I only have it so as we can do the Twitter and get the scores on matchdays so don't have a lot of experience using it day to day. I have, however, managed to get firmware which ramps up the connection from 3.6 to 7.2.....what, if any, benefits I get from that I don;t know as I don't have anything to compare it against but I never have any speed issues with what I want to use it for.

If I get a chance later I'll fire on the dongle and do a couple of speed tests.

Cheers for the replies. I'll force myself to the eastgate and try to buy a top up. Did try to get the store locater up but my dongle would only let me view payment pages, didn't think of trying to use my nokia to look it up.

Personally 3 are pretty good, think the reason this error is happening for me is because i had to fiddle with the laptops settings to get the music transfer working with my phone. You get a good reception wherever you are in the highlands, tbh even if it is just the one bar its still quite fast.

Thats certainly made my mind up about it. I ill get that in 3 weeks time.

My o2 dongle that i always use says it is not permitted for my area and its all in red writing so it isnt good. Guy in the o2 store said i would get 3.5g constantly.... feck that. I get GPRS everywhere, i dont get 3g atall but i do get 3.5 g when my tower is on my window sill and my dongle is hanging from a 2 litre bottle of scrumpys cider.

3 would be must better because they use other peoples areials so i should have signal of all four companys rolled into one (vodaphone, 3, t mobile and orange)

Not hugely impressed by 3... I get no signal in my house, if I go outside into the street, I get enough signal but not great, My daughters cheapy tesco payg phone on the other hand gets a excellent signal in the house.

Funny thing is before we upgraded our contact phones from N95's we never had this problem. Would still be using old phone if I hadn't recycled it day got new phone. I suspect it was because that particular Nokia (N95), was better at pulling in a signal than our current E71 and LG's.

Stinks though!! , upgrade and get worse reception..

G

My parents had a similar issue when they got their last phones....poorer signal in locations it had been decent (T-Mobile).

Although I was a bit sceptical of "Signal Boosters" I found them available on ebay for ?1 and thought it was worth a try at that price. Although they still don't get what they did on their old phones they generally get an extra bar or two with the boosters.

Ebay Link