Aberdeen V ICT - 1:1 final score

kencar

As above it was great to get the point and all of my finger nails are now gone.  Well done the lovely lads on the pitch. I did hope that we might have got a few more goals earlier but they were a little too high. We play fantastiCALLY when we play it down low with brilliant passing, but everynow and then we have a bit of 'heading the ball' that seems to go a little way in the wrong direction. Still NEVER MIND 1 point fab I thought we were going to be leaving Pitodrie with nothing.  :clapping04: Great to see Tokley back personally I prefer

Macaffrey but Hastings played well.

Considering the performance from Golly and the whole defense last weekend, was there a noticable improvement with Hastings and Tokely in the back 4??? 

In my opinion - yes, only just. Dods still looked very suspect. Hastings lost too many challenges against Foster down the left/right. Tokely was decent enough though hurried in his clearences. Munro was the best of the back four.

I have to say the Radio Scotland commentary was terrible. I had to go and wash my car in frustration at its ineptitude.

I came back to hear the commentary team struggling to work out what substitutions we had made in the 2nd half because they hadn't been paying attention. They actually said Hastings had been taken off and been replaced by McAllister only for Hastings to cross the ball that led to our equaliser  :008:

Much better than last week. :003:

Brown...didn't have much chance with the goal. Made one decent save from a Smith free kick, other than that I can't mind him having much to do. Kicking much better this week.

Tokely...started off very shakily, but improved as the game went on.

Dods....Poor. His mind seems to be elsewhere at the moment :006:

Munro...excellent :clapping04:

Hastings....excellent as well I thought.

McBain...worked well with Hastings. Got forward a lot. Should retain the left spot.

Black...hmmmm, Iain really needs to concentrate on what he's good at..football!! He seems to lunge in too readily, too easily, and it can overtake the footballing side of his game at times. Far from his best.

Rankin...Not sure what to make of him yet. Shows a lot of neat, decent touches, but there were times today I forgot he was playing.

Barry...MOTM???? No way, I thought Barry was poor. Got the goal though :clapping04: :clapping04:

Wyness...Dennis just isn't doing it, still! :006:

Dargo....battled with Anderson all afternoon, got frustrated at times at nothing going his way. Missed a sitter before the equaliser. I thought he was a bit lucky to get just a yellow when he lunged at Anderson, but was then almost cut in half by a disgraceful challenge by Foster?? minutes later.

Subs...

Bayne...well, I'm not Grahams greatest fan, but he did more in the short time he was on than Dennis did all game.

Rory...no real time to make an impact.

Keogh...don't think he touched the ball!

Other than their goal I can't think Aberdeen had another decent chance all match? We were well worthy of a point, all 3 wouldn't have been undeserved.

As I said, a million times better than last week.

Changes for next week....Caff in for Dods. 2 poor games by Dods standards. If he's going to Utd then he should just go, otherwise he needs to put all the talk to one side and get back to being the defender he was last season.

Bayne for Wyness? Maybe Dennis needs a rest!

The challenge by Dargo was a red card offence, as was the one against him. He was probably subbed at the right time otherwise he would have been sent off. Defence looked better, Hastings had an excellent game at LB, however Dods needs to get his finger out or else Caff should be given his chance in the centre back role. That's 2 errors in 2 games that have resulted in conceading 2 goals! Why o why do we continue to play the 'long hoof it up the park game' to 2 vertically challenged strikers that are no match for 4 big defenders? We play so much better with the ball on the ground! a draw probably was a fair result: they had the first half and we dominated the 2nd. L.ost count on the amount of corners that we had, whereas they had a big fat zero. Somewhat quiet performance by a usually vocal away support though.

Why o why do we continue to play the 'long hoof it up the park game' to 2 vertically challenged strikers that are no match for 4 big defenders? We play so much better with the ball on the ground!

Totally agree. We're a different team when we keep it on the ground. Our defenders seem too concerned with just getting it away, rather than look for the simple pass.

Guest aussie_lad

My first match as an ICT supporter, and a decent result. Better things to come I hope.

I havent' been near a radio tonite? Are ICT still a cert for relegation?  :004:

I agree with the above comments on the game and, in particular, the passing out of defense to the opposition created another wave of attack - even more hard work for the defenders.  A simple pass could have worked wonders.

The two best players on the park, I thought, were Black and Smith but Black had no chance as the high balls kept passing him by and Smith was isolated for the bulk of the game - thank Heavens.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Crusher get yourself round to the sportsmans bar on Orchard Road, at the back of  the mall next to the Hilton, across from the four floors o' whores, all Jocks and free mince and tatties on a Sunday, best sports coverage for Jocks in Singers.

Guest cartvale5

Nice to see Rosco back , but at the expense of Caff. Why is Dodds still at the heart of the defense, he is missing through balls constantly. Is his mind elsewhere, should he just go to United and get Caff paired up with Grant again. This would surely stop the silly goals we are losing.

Rankin has had a good start and looks a long term player but Black should stick to football and not putting in stupid lunges and threatening to be booked or worse. Three points this week we hope.

Black should stick to football and not putting in stupid lunges and threatening to be booked or worse.

I'm not quite sure why Black is getting all this stick. Yes he was like that last seasn but he was really good on Saturday and his bringing the ball out of defence was excellent. His close control and then released pass when under pressure from 2 Dons players was another example of why this guy is one of the best youngsters in our game.