ICT V Ross County : matchday thread

Scotty

I think any criticism should be given a rest this week, as we got a deserved win. Eagles took his goal well, but it was Esson again who saved the day. Top marks for Hayes, and yes, Sanchez did a lot of things right too. Looking forward to see if we get a run of confidence from it. Lessgo ICT!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was down south for the weekend so didn't make the game, however, we should be looking at all the positves and forget about the performance.

1. We've won a game of footie at home

2. We are in the final

3. Clean sheet

4. Confidence should rise

5. TB now has players playing for their places in the final

IMO this has been a great day

What was the attendance ?

I think the fictitious attendance was 2,200.

was really looking for the official attendance .

That was the "official attendance". There was absolutely no way that there was 2,200 there.

I was down south for the weekend so didn't make the game, however, we should be looking at all the positves and forget about the performance.

1. We've won a game of footie at home

2. We are in the final

3. Clean sheet

4. Confidence should rise

5. TB now has players playing for their places in the final

IMO this has been a great day

Don't think you would have said all that if you had been able to get to the game.

The only positives I took from it was that C*unty didn't manage to equalise, (they did come close) and that Butcher admitted it wasn't pretty to watch.

I couldn't have suffered 30 mins extra time if they had equalised.

It wasn't a great game but we did well, especially in the first half. County only really came close a couple of times - when they hit the bar and when Wood was put through. Duncan made a difference in the midfield - he may have hit a few passes astray but he did the water-carrying, donkey work well. Last time County played us they walked through our midfield time and again - this time they didn't.

Foran was excellent, Eagle was poor and I thought Hayes was OK but has had better games. How did Morrison not get sent off for elbowing him? Utterly bizarre.

sorry if repeating what has been already said havent read all this topic. I'm just glad we won. It didnt have to be pretty and some folk never seem to be happy judging by the moans on the way out of the stadium. Watched the game again later on tv when I got home. The incident with Hayes seems really weird. How the linesman and the 4th official saw nothing in it I'll never know.Then Morrison had the cheek to appear to go over and tell Hayes to get up.

Didnt actually realise how poor the crowd was in the North stand until I saw it on TV. Looked poor in real life but now quite as poor as it really was.

By the way thought the Foran interview on the tv good stating that there was only one team in the highlands and that we were it.

Esson immense as usual.

I'll take an ugly win over a pretty defeat any day of the week.

Whilst I don't think many of our players turned in anything like a star performance, I do take some encouragement from seeing them grind out a result in a scrappy game which was never going to lend itself to fancy passing and ball tricks.

Thought our back 4 did ok, was a short spell just after the break where they seemed to be letting the opposition get in behind them, but we picked up on that and quickly cut out the problem.

In short, we did what needed to be done, and that's good enough for me.

I seem to be in the minority but I thought Russell Duncan did his job well todaythough.

Duncan made a difference in the midfield - he may have hit a few passes astray but he did the water-carrying, donkey work well.

Glad to see Russell getting a bit of recognition for his performance. Our lightweight centre midfield has been our biggest problem so far`this season and we looked far more solid yesterday. Hopefully Butcher sees it the same way and Duncan stays in the team.

Did anyone else shout "nooooooooooooooooooooo" and then put their head in their hands when Stratford and Rooney were subbed on? I didn't think I disliked either of them that much until that happened. Duncan is a much better option in midfield and I would have Andy Barrowload over Rooney every time.

Did anyone else shout "nooooooooooooooooooooo" and then put their head in their hands when Stratford and Rooney were subbed on? I didn't think I disliked either of them that much until that happened. Duncan is a much better option in midfield and I would have Andy Barrowload over Rooney every time.

Barrowman would at least have scored the two chances that Rooney had at the end of the game.

Rooney's a bit strange really. If he isn't right in on goal he doesn't seem to know what to do, and when he has a chance he doesn't seem to know how to take it. Rather have Barrowman myself. If Rooney spent more time on the training field than he does at Starbucks, he might turn into a half-decent player.

No I didnt but felt a bit indifferent towards Duncan going and I would have Rooney over Barrowman anyday of the week.

No I didnt but felt a bit indifferent towards Duncan going and I would have Rooney over Barrowman anyday of the week.

Outrageous. Rooney can't take his chances. Barrowload, it's your time to shut everyone up.

Outrageous. Rooney can't take his chances. Barrowload, it's your time to shut everyone up.

Would be delighted to be shut up on that occasion!

I was surprised and disappointed Nick Ross wasn't on from the start, and didn't even make it on as a sub.

For me, he was MoM against Partick last week by a long way.

Maybe Butcher's saving him for more important fixtures.

I agree with MOTM at partick if he hadnt been hooked, however, the ross county game was billed as a tough one, and maybe Ross is a wee bit to wee for it, id have hated to see him getting kicked about like duncan did, N.B I still dont rate Duncan regardless of what people saw, the game I saw was everytime he got the ball he looked back..... unless the ball was already forward and he was running forward himself, he took a couple of knocks fair enought, but he isnt a footballer!