ICT V Ross County : matchday thread

Scotty

Guest Mahonio

For all complaining about performance, do you think Barca or Man UTD play well every week?

I also, would like to play great football every week but know it ain't going to happen so just don't come on to the games matchday thread to moan about the performance and also don't you think people expect Derbies to be boring and firey, in fact i am surprised there was no reds in either of yesterdays Derby games and especially Morrison as it was blatant elbow which angered Malpas and Butch rightly so but for, God sake a wins a win despite the performance.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rooney's a bit strange really. If he isn't right in on goal he doesn't seem to know what to do, and when he has a chance he doesn't seem to know how to take it. Rather have Barrowman myself. If Rooney spent more time on the training field than he does at Starbucks, he might turn into a half-decent player.

Now I know we all have our own players we prefer to play every week but i think your out order there ! There were 2 other forwards on the pitch for 90 mins ( Sanchez for 80) and they did'nt score. Rooney gets on for 8 mins and your slagging him off about missing - I also know that Rooney does a lot more training then most of the lads at his own expense. But if he is not one of the favourite's ( with the manager) well there is not alot the lad can do. He needs a bit of confidence shown to him by the manager I think. ( Also Barrowman has'nt been given a decent chance.

Rooney's a bit strange really. If he isn't right in on goal he doesn't seem to know what to do, and when he has a chance he doesn't seem to know how to take it. Rather have Barrowman myself. If Rooney spent more time on the training field than he does at Starbucks, he might turn into a half-decent player.

Also think that it must be hard to get into the pace of the game when you just come on - maybe Butcher should bring him on earlier and give him a good run if he does not intend to start him. Until such time he gets the same amount of time on pitch as Foran and Sanchez I for one will not judge him - Foran has had 8 starts and 2 goals , Sanchez has had 7 starts and 3 goals and Rooney has had 3 starts and 3 goals - so I do think he knows where to put the ball.

Should he start earlier? Probably. Should be on from the start? Sometimes. The fact that he's scored three goals this season (one was a penalty, another a tap in, don't know what his goal was like for in the Annan game), shows that at times he does know where the goal is, but if he ain't right in the goal, he doesn't seem to really know what to do IMO, and I've seen him a few times right in the box, needing to score when it really mattered and he fails to hit the target.