Aberdire Post Mortem

I would be indebted to the motley crew who actually stood on the Hill of Dung yesterday fer their opinions on a few observations. I am presently reduced to a Setanta viewing of games, and gawd it is feckin doing my head in, but here we go.

The Aberdire goal looked offside. Dods appears to be getting the main blame but it certainly looked as if Rosscoe was flagging and may have been the main culprit.

I take it that Dods was wearing the captains arm band? I also note that there were comments about his distribution..but that has always been poor. Did he perform as usual? When Bazza scored and ran towards the Main stand Dods was one of the first there to celebrate with him. Should we not perservere with Dods if he stays?

From last weeks comments many, unusually, were suggesting that Russell Duncan was MOM against the Midden. IMHO McBain has always been my pick fer the holding role. I feel he is more mobile and more skilful. Has he earned another starting place against the Hibees.

Rankin looks the part and appears to be a fine passer of the ball. What is his running off the ball like and how does he blend with Blackie.

Wyness appears well short of confidence. Bayne may not be Mr Skillful but he is certainly Mr Energy, Mr Stamina and Mr Getinaboutya. Shurely he is a better foil fer Dargo..at least in regard to what we have in the squad at the moment.

As fer the other games - The Huns should have wellied the Arabs and what a classic Robb OG. Latapy is running the show fer the Bairns but he will run out of steam soon. Midden looked the business but Well looked dire. Hibees are still trying to play too much football and Killie have a real star in Naismith.

Muvversmell and the Pars are rightly at the foot of the table at the moment.

Aberdeen goal - that's what I've heard now as well but having not seen the Santa pictures I can't be certain. That said, Dods should know better than to stop and claim - play the whistle!

Dods - he was very poor I thought. His distribution was rank. Utterly rank. He lost out in several challenges in which he would normally win. I didn't notice who was Captain but if it was Dods then I would remove it from him instantly but maybe, just maybe, persevere with him for another week. He needs to buck up fast if he doesn't want more people turning on him but then again I am harsh  :001:

McBain - solid enough but all too often he slowed the attack down because he was shown the inside but Hart which meant going onto his right foot which we all know Royksopp can't do. I think he would be better either coming on late as a defensively minded substitute or in the middle but he won't get a chance there as I will go on to...

Rankin and Black - this is our centre midfield! Simple as! I disagree with a comment on the other thread about Black being poor. I thought he was very clever bring the ball out of play and showed immense skill when being hussled by two Aberdeen players to twist away from both of them and spread the ball to Rankin. Tanman (Rankin) was looking good as well. Very direct and eager to get forward. Sometimes too ambitious in his passing but a lot of the time he picked the right one and got attacks moving quickly.

Wyness - short of confidence yes. Not trying no. He had some great chances but it was Dargo who missed the best one yesterday. Still Denzil showed terrific skill and held the ball up well against the bustling Anderson. No reason why he should be dropped in my opinion.

One other thing - for a lot of the game we punted the ball up the park and got nowhere. Suddenly we decided to pass it along the ground and we carved Aberdeen open and this coincided with our best period of the game. Can we do this every week please? We will destroy teams if we do that.

It's no very often I agree with RIG but you're comments on Wyness I totally agree with as well as the long punts up the park which seem to be go'in on season after season. We care only 2 games into the new season and things already lookin better after last weeks best forgotten St M performance. The only was is up as they say.

It's no very often I agree with RIG but you're comments on Wyness I totally agree with as well as the long punts up the park which seem to be go'in on season after season.

There's a shock - someone not agreeing with me on most things!  :015: :004: