Barry Wilson

Johnboy

Both Wyness and Wilson will get a warm reception from me prior to the game. I won't be booing them during the game or at any other time unless they start a fight which would be comedy gold. I just won't do anything. I wonder if they would celebrate if they score? We've seen recently a few players not celebrate after scoring against their former clubs. Hopefully we won't be in that situation tomorrow!

Edited by RiG

Unfortunately i will be missing tomorrows game as i'm away on holiday but i think Barry and Denzil will both get the warm reception that they both deserve. Just a pity Brewster hadn't fecked off a bit earlier and they would probably still be playing for us. Hope they both play excellent in a convincing home win. :029:

Barry certainly won't be getting boo'd by me. In fact I'll probably shake his hand and, if he does score, I'd congratulate him. There probably isn't a nicer, more friendly, footballing gentleman that has ever graced Inverness.

Besides we could be looking for a coach next season.

Barry was a great club servant over a number of years, as was Denzil, so "appreciating" them would be appropriate. There will be no need to boo when we are 5-0 up :029:

Barry certainly won't be getting boo'd by me. In fact I'll probably shake his hand and, if he does score, I'd congratulate him. There probably isn't a nicer, more friendly, footballing gentleman that has ever graced Inverness.

Besides we could be looking for a coach next season.

:029: :D :025:

bahh humbug !!!! In the face of webhost problems, site going down, crappy rainy weather here in Toronto, and a tweaked achilles here was me trying to be positive ....... sorry wont let it happen again :029:

Barry was a great club servant over a number of years, as was Denzil, so "appreciating" them would be appropriate. There will be no need to boo when we are 5-0 up :lol:

What if we're 5-0 down?

:024:

If we're 5-0 down then we're cr@p and deserve to be in that position.

Nice to see my girlfriends looking in :029: :D You know who you are :025:

Given the sevice Bazza 'n Denzil have given to ICT I think maybe a huge cheer when their names are read out by the announcer is in order, possibly followed by some chants of 'there's only one barry wilson/denis wyness' or to wind up the QotS fans sing about em being ICT at heart.

These guys are ICT legends, and should be treated thus.

However if either of the feckers score it's pelters time hehe...

Given the sevice Bazza 'n Denzil have given to ICT I think maybe a huge cheer when their names are read out by the announcer is in order, possibly followed by some chants of 'there's only one barry wilson/denis wyness' or to wind up the QotS fans sing about em being ICT at heart.

These guys are ICT legends, and should be treated thus.

However if either of the feckers score it's pelters time hehe...

I will give a cheer when their names are read out tomorrow, ICT legends but I'm just worried that one of them comes back to haunt us.

These players are legends with ICT, they are now playing for the opposition and are such due to be baited and shouted at during the game, do you think they will be taking it easy because its us.... dont bet yer wages on it.

I will try my best to put them off, we support ICT not ex players.

These players are legends with ICT, they are now playing for the opposition and are such due to be baited and shouted at during the game, do you think they will be taking it easy because its us.... dont bet yer wages on it.

I will try my best to put them off, we support ICT not ex players.

I agree with that 100%. I they are subbed on or off, or score an overhead kick from the halfway line, then clap away but apart from that, no. Wyness and Wilson are just as likely as any other player to hinder our promotion hopes.

appreciate them before the game, applaud them on and/or off the park but during the game I agree, they are opposition players so get treated like the rest of them .... no need to boo them, but no need to go over the top the other way either.

I read the article linked to above and I think he comes across very well. I especially gave him credit for the fact that he says he will be respectful if he scores and I totally agree with him when he says it is something that sticks in the craw about how he left and how he was unable to say a proper goodbye, it sticks in the fans' craw as well Barry. Perhaps CaleyD can disrupt his pre-game routine tomorrow and get him pitchside for a few words and a wave to allow him and the fans to say a proper goodbye ...... or maybe Terry should sign him to the end of the season when his contract is up in January :029:

Heard rumour that our man on the mic would be having a quick word with Barry at pitch side before kick off.

I heard that rumour too, but not had any confirmation of what's happening, or what the plan is (if anything). Regardless, I'm sure Barry will give due acknowledgement to the fans....as Scotty said, we never did get a chance to say goodbye properly.

With regard to disrupting his game....it's amazing how clumsy I can get....I'm renowned for standing on people's toes :029:

Usually the away team is just read out, but I have a feeling two names in particular will be yelled out tomorrow.

I for one will be standing applauding the two of them tomorrow. I would welcome them both back any day!!!

January can't some soon enough now.

bahh humbug !!!! In the face of webhost problems, site going down, crappy rainy weather here in Toronto, and a tweaked achilles here was me trying to be positive ....... sorry wont let it happen again :angry:

Scotty.... If you had been at the Partick home (league) game, when ICT went 3-0 down in a crazy 10 minute spell in the 1st half - a 5-0 scoreline looked to be more than a distinct possibility.

Having said that I'm very confident of a win tomorrow... :022:

Two genuine Caley legends, and two players who might still be at the club without their treatment at the hands of Brewster.

Denzil sponsored me for the Loch Ness Marathon, showing he still feels for Inverness -

ideally they will both score in a 3-2 win for ICT.

I love them both, you dont get much bigger Caley Thistle legends that Barry and Dennis, along with Charlie, Iain etc. They are all up there.

Ill be applauding them before and after.....cant help thinking though if Bazza puts in a good performance tomorrow, could he really do a job for us in January? Bring him back to the club he belongs, and get him in a coaching job next year with us! Id like nothing more tbh....considering he still stays in the Highlands, even better!