ICT -V- QOS : matchday thread

Scotty

I'm at a loss for words today really. I nearly got the train up (from Edinburgh) this morning to go to the game. I'm glad I chose to not use my season ticket today and stay at home.

From speaking to friends who were at the game the message 'tactical ineptitude' was glaring.

i dont think tactical ineptitude even comes in to it, dont see any other manager sending out a much different side or formatiion, the ineptitude is from the players performance and general quality

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We dominated the first half. we had a slow first minute to the game were we fell behind but the next 44 mins were fairly good to watch (not for quality but because we were on top). Hayes strike was brilliant and we had a few chances but nothing clear cut. The second half started well but by 55 minutes Queens were getting to every ball first won all of the 50/50s and in the end deserved the 3 points.

Im surprised nobody has brought this up yet but what the hell was wrong with Ross Tokely. He wouldnt mark his man, actually he let his man run off him at every opportunity and never made an effort in the second half to try and get back to make up for his mistake. It was his stupid tackle that gave the freekick away to give Queens the second goal. It was a defensive performance that was up their with Lionels best. Even the players and Butcher were telling him to sort it out. I know he has just come back from injury but if that was a problem he should have said that he wasnt fit enough to play

I have been trying to defend Butcher for the past few weeks but there is no point doing that anymore. 4 home games and 1 point that says it all. We are not getting promoted this season so he has failed. End Of

The people who sit in the main stand (not including me) are a disgrace as well. They spent more time telling Butcher how to do his job and shoutung abuse at him as soon as we went 1-0 down. When we were 3-1 down I could understand why but not when we were drawing 1-1 and trying to get a goal. They should try support the team and not abusing the manager.

Butcher turned round to the crowd and shouted and lifted his arms up a few times to try and get the crowd to make some noise but all they did was boo him for Butcher pretty much telling them the players need no support. He eventually told a few of them to F**k Off. Quite rightly I feel, If you cant take it dont give it and Butcher has every right to say it back just because he is the manager dosent mean he cant say anything back

All in all. It was crap

Im not looking forward to going to Raith on Tuesday any more

Absolutely dreadful. We might as well send out a herd of donkeys to play football. They were an absolute disgrace. To lose a goal so early is unforgiveable. We had a spell then we collapsed. Its hard to believe that mugs like me pay to watch that p**h. Instead of us paying we should be payed to put up with that rubbish.

At the start of the season there was all the hype. "Come and buy a season ticket and help terry butcher get us back into the SPL". Well the fans have done thir bit. More season tickets were bought than last year or there abouts. Now that the fans have done their bit its up to the team and they havent delivered. The players deserve to be booed of the pitch. They get handsome sums of money every week and what do they do in return. Play well? No play utter crap. Never mind promotion we're going to struggle to stay in this league. At the end of the day these two teams were pretty evenly matched and QoS wanted it more. Theres no spark. No fire in their bellys. Caley take games far to casually.

Unless things improve drastically i for one will not be going back next season and im sure thiers plenty more like me.

Anyone still wish to tell me that I'm not a "true fan" and that we should be giving dross like Duncan, Bulvitis and Eagle a bit more time to gel?

Butchers determination to play his signings is getting a bit tedious now. For an ex England superstar defender to not see our defensive frailties is unacceptable. We can't deal with crosses, long balls, or Stewart Kean cutting inside it seems. Stewart f**king Kean for f**ks sake!!!

I can almost forgive Bulvitis and Eagle for being a bit s**t but not Duncan. Duncan has been here for how many years, and still can't place a f**king 5 yard pass to feet. Russel Duncan, I hope you're reading this because you're a f**king disgrace.

End of rant, roll on our 1-0 victory away to Raith and then getting horsed at home on Saturday again.

Time for a rant.

I've been a person who has backed Butcher but today if there is space for one more on the bandwagon, I would like to jump aboard.

No fight, no passion for the shirt and players who were that bad they wouldn't look out of place in the HL. Exempt from this rant is Foran (as usual put hinself about everywhere), Hayes (thought he was our best player over the last few weeks) and Cox (was all over the place and put himself about).

Bulvitis is a terrible centre half, the great debate was whether he was worse at centre half than Proctor, throws himself into tackles he is nowhere near. There was a few times the Queens midfield went past like he wasn't there, and only a few late tackles from Munro bailed him out.

Russell Duncan as I've said before should be nowhere near that team, can't pass, constantly outmuscled, barely wins a challenge then he sprints 30 yards to have a go at Bulvitis for missing a tackle. I think he needs to take a long hard look at himself before having a go at others.

No idea why we have a winger who has no skills, no dribbling ability, can't pass and can only put the occasion delivery into box. Why Eagle remains in the team is a mystery.

I think Ian Mccall spotted something in Sanchez that Butcher obviously hasn't, doesn't put himself about at all and can see him hiding in games in January and February.

It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong, so if Butcher can admit some of the players he signing are awful and drop them it would be much appreciated. We need to start playing 4-4-2 with two out and out strikers up front as Foran is putting in two shifts especially as Sanchez doesn'tchase anything or put a tackle in.

Today is the first time I have geniunely been considered about the possibility of 2nd Division football next season. Some big changes need to be made if we are to have any hope of finishing in the top half never mind promotion.

Edited by BA

We have to start playing either Rooney or Barrowman up front regularly with Foran. I don't rate either of them, but who else is there? Give one of them a run in the team and play Sanchez from midfield.

No point in having Duncan in the team if he keeps missing our players with his passes [by a mile!].

Give young Ross a chance for a few weeks.

Good to see Tokely and Imrie back but please, to the midfield, just get the basics right first and stop trying those pretendy match winning threaded balls which never come off. You cannot do them, so don't try.

In the transfer window, see if Bayne is available!!

Absolutely dreadful. We might as well send out a herd of donkeys to play football. They were an absolute disgrace. To lose a goal so early is unforgiveable. We had a spell then we collapsed. Its hard to believe that mugs like me pay to watch that p**h. Instead of us paying we should be payed to put up with that rubbish.

At the start of the season there was all the hype. "Come and buy a season ticket and help terry butcher get us back into the SPL". Well the fans have done thir bit. More season tickets were bought than last year or there abouts. Now that the fans have done their bit its up to the team and they havent delivered. The players deserve to be booed of the pitch. They get handsome sums of money every week and what do they do in return. Play well? No play utter crap. Never mind promotion we're going to struggle to stay in this league. At the end of the day these two teams were pretty evenly matched and QoS wanted it more. Theres no spark. No fire in their bellys. Caley take games far to casually.

Unless things improve drastically i for one will not be going back next season and im sure thiers plenty more like me.

:025: :025: :025: :025: Totally agree , i'll no be back next season to watch that crap either ,

ICT ARE A JOKE :( :angry: :angry:

Time for a rant.

I've been a person who has backed Butcher but today if there is space for one more on the bandwagon, I would like to jump aboard.

No fight, no passion for the shirt and players who were that bad they wouldn't look out of place in the HL. Exempt from this rant is Foran (as usual put hinself about everywhere), Hayes (thought he was our best player over the last few weeks) and Cox (was all over the place and put himself about).

Bulvitis is a terrible centre half, the great debate was whether he was worse at centre half than Proctor, throws himself into tackles he is nowhere near. There was a few times the Queens midfield went past like he wasn't there, and only a few late tackles from Munro bailed him out.

Russell Duncan as I've said before should be nowhere near that team, can't pass, constantly outmuscled, barely wins a challenge then he sprints 30 yards to have a go at Bulvitis for missing a tackle. I think he needs to take a long hard look at himself before having a go at others.

No idea why we have a winger who has no skills, no dribbling ability, can't pass and can only put the occasion delivery into box. Why Eagle remains in the team is a mystery.

I think Ian Mccall spotted something in Sanchez that Butcher obviously hasn't, doesn't put himself about at all and can see him hiding in games in January and February.

It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong, so if Butcher can admit some of the players he signing are awful and drop them it would be much appreciated. We need to start playing 4-4-2 with two out and out strikers up front as Foran is putting in two shifts especially as Sanchez doesn'tchase anything or put a tackle in.

Today is the first time I have geniunely been considered about the possibility of 2nd Division football next season. Some big changes need to be made if we are to have any hope of finishing in the top half never mind promotion.

The only thing I dont agree with in that is about Duncan, He played a lot better than normal. He was passing the ball fairly well and threw himself into a few tackles. It was a big improvement from him.

Ross Tokley was ***** on the other hand

Being one who is all too ready to shout about bad results and performances you might find this as a bit of a strange post from me but right up until the second Queens goal went in I felt we could win the game. I feel that our pushing men forward possible cost us the draw but then again I would be the first to start shouting about sitting back and not trying for the win. I feel our squad is not good enough, perhaps even for a top half finish, but I also feel that this season should always have been about rebuilding and concentrating on keeping away from relegation and that the "bounce right back" marketing ploy, whilst successful in selling STs, was our biggest mistake. The results will come, we wont be relegated and I hope that next season we have a title winning squad in place.

Being one who is all too ready to shout about bad results and performances you might find this as a bit of a strange post from me but right up until the second Queens goal went in I felt we could win the game. I feel that our pushing men forward possible cost us the draw but then again I would be the first to start shouting about sitting back and not trying for the win. I feel our squad is not good enough, perhaps even for a top half finish, but I also feel that this season should always have been about rebuilding and concentrating on keeping away from relegation and that the "bounce right back" marketing ploy, whilst successful in selling STs, was our biggest mistake. The results will come, we wont be relegated and I hope that next season we have a title winning squad in place.

Most of the players were only given contracts until the end of the season it will be another rebuilding job next season but hopefully with a manager that can spot a decent player, at the end of the day losing 3 points at home and another 3 goals just aint good enough

The only thing I dont agree with in that is about Duncan, He played a lot better than normalHe was passing the ball fairly well and threw himself into a few tackles. It was a big improvement from him.

:( Aye, good one.

Most of the players were only given contracts until the end of the season it will be another rebuilding job next season but hopefully with a manager that can spot a decent player, at the end of the day losing 3 points at home and another 3 goals just aint good enough

I can't really disagree with that but I am going to hold on to the little optimism I have left.

The only thing I dont agree with in that is about Duncan, He played a lot better than normalHe was passing the ball fairly well and threw himself into a few tackles. It was a big improvement from him.

:angry: Aye, good one.

if better than normal means going from dire to poor then your probably right, on the whole the team improved from dire to pretty pish today i thought so maybe thats a positive?? :(

I have been trying to defend Butcher for the past few weeks but there is no point doing that anymore. 4 home games and 1 point that says it all. We are not getting promoted this season so he has failed. End Of

So have i but this home form just cannot be defended. I saw signs of promise in the team early in the season but the lack of of experience has hit us and confidence must be rock bottom. It's going to be long hard season.

Bad Points...

the Result (QoS are nothing special!)

the last half hour

Golly

Bulvitis

Sanchez

Sanchez..he was that bad he deserves a second mention

Eagle

Our throw ins..when will we learn how to take them?

Butcher having a go at the crowd :018:

Good Points

The first hour (excluding 1st minute)

Foran

Imrie's return

Hayes

The Half time pie

Time for Butcher to go and take his dead beat signings with him. Absolute joke of a performance.

What was the comment from the crowd in the main stand that TB reacted to so badly to?. Poor reaction from TB.

A few of them were shouting abuse at him right from the start of the game.

At 1-1 he tried to geee the crowd up in the way players do by lifting his arms up and down but the fans took that the wrong way and a few started booing and shouting more abuse. So butcher told them to F**k Off.

I would probably have done the same thing after trying to put up with getting abused for 90 minutes

Well I'm going to pee in the wind and say that that was the best first half, Ive seen for quite a while, we seemed to be changing wings and moving the ball very well. Eagles, however, is not a first choice anything, and when he came on Imrie showed how to work. I never once saw Eagles tackle, a luxury playes and not even a good one. Lets hope DI starts. Hayes was great, worked hard off the ball and was alwayes looking for something. Sanchez, though capable of some good stuff, must now be rested. He was shocking, though Rooey seemed to acheive very little when he came on. And I am sorry, but for me Foran, flashes about but doesnt actually acheive anything. How many crosses went in in the first half? How many were wasted? All of them. The difference between QOS and us was that they knew how to finish.

Duncan has never been able to pass a ball, and like the others, thinks that skying a ball means having a shot. THis is training ground stuff! Get it sorted.

Cox was quiet, but Granty, first half alone, was my MOM. Calm collected and everywhere, just like the old days. Bulvitis was unreliable, as was Rosco, but at least he will improve. Esson, as usual, did well.

2nd half QOS seemed to have had a talking to, and showed us how to fight. For most of the half, I thought we might sneak a winner, then this board's mood would be a very different place. But just like at the Partick game a few minutes lack of concentration, and bang bang out go the lights.

I really dont care if TerrynJune go, but cant see it happening till Xmas, at the soonest. They too will be expensive to sack. Things may turn around, but I doubt, it. But remember that it was a nine game losing run, that saw Brewster away, we are nowhere near that. We wont get relegated, but hey, that may even be worse.

A smileymometer - since no-one has done one already (out of 5)

Esson :) :) :) Slow off his line at times today, but appeared blameless for the goals

Tokely :) Looked good in the first half, but looked tired and unfit in the second period. Gave away the free kick that led to the second goal.

Bulvitis :) Probably not even worthy of any smileys. Poor in the air, slow on the ground, and his positioning was terrible.

Munro :) :) :) The best of our defenders, not that it says much. Made some crucial interventions in the second half. Like when he played with McGuire, he spends too much time covering his partner's errors.

Golabek :) :) Not too bad defensively, but no longer has the legs to get over the halfway line to any effect.

Cox :) :) :) Spurned a good chance in the first half but did some good work in midfield. Distribution was more lax than usual though.

Eagle :) offered virtually no threat - every time he gets the ball he stops and passes it sideways or backwards. If he had bothered making late runs to the back post he might have had two goals.

Duncan :) :) :) The best he has played in a while, particularly in the first half, but declined dramatically after the break.

Foran :) :) :) :) Yet again our best player. Don't remember him actually having a chance to score though - because he keeps coming deep to create things he's never in the box to finish them. He must be fed up.

Sanchez :018: Let's see - his stupid pass led to their first goal, he kept slipping when the ball came to him and he offered about as much attacking threat as an anaesthetised sloth. He is the chocolate teapot of forwards - utterly pointless.

Hayes :) :) :) Brilliant goal. QOS doubled up on him and made his life difficult, but his team-mates failed to take advantage.

Subs: :) Neither Imrie or Rooney offered much impact.

Management :angry: One up front, again. Foran doing the work of three men, again. Appalling defending, again. Three goals conceded at home, again. Capiche?

as i said a few weeks ago the players that have been giving a chance to shine while other players have been out injured have just proved my point they are not good euongh and i believe these are the players that are bringing the club down i just see them running about like headless chickens unless the top... players are back its the same pish again and again so i dont blame TB theres nobody else to play half the players left when we were relegated...

TB and the players have not being doing well of late but sacking him is not the answer. All right he can talk the talk but him and the players cant walk the walk. It is up to the manager to motivate the players but how can you motivate what we call players. Its being like this for ages. We just have no fight in us. Whether this id down to arrogance or not who knows. Something must be done i dont know what but i dont think it should be getting rid of butcher.