ICT -V- QOS : matchday thread

Scotty

I came away from that game well pee'd off and chose not to come on here over the weekend because I'd have just vented my anger and that probably wouldn't have been a true reflection of the game.

First of I was disgusted at the abuse of the fans from the management duo. I would hope, also, that messrs Fraser and Sutherland would be feeling the same way. The first tirade came from Malpas reacting to someones comments. Then Butcher lets fly because fans are leaving. Gentlemen, are your ego's so big that you're unable to see why fans are irate? Do you people come from the gutters somewhere where that sort of language, being directed at anybody listening, is acceptable in company. Sitting in front of me on saturday were the families and friends of Hayes and Cox. About a dozen of them had travelled up from the south to see this game and finished in the firing line of a torrent of foul mouthed abuse being directed at fans. What sort of impression did that leave? The fans are angry and rightly so. Often it's quoted that we can't string two good games together. If only that was the case. Fact is we cant string two halves of a game together.

First half, apart from the 1st half minute, we were playing well. We were keeping the ball down and stringing passes together. We were building from the back and going forward, keeping them very much on the back foot. Why were we playing the Walter Smith way though? Lone striker? Especially when its someone not suited to the role. Andy Barrowman would have been a better choice in that role. But where was he? Sat in his car totally pee'd off at being dropped.

That lone striker, for me, was to blame for their first goal. Nice through ball from Duncan. Duncan moves off Sanchez passes the ball back to where it had came from. The rest is a goal for them. Anyway, we did get back into the game very quickly and, had the right striker or striker's been on the pitch, maybe we'd have taken two or three. Brilliant free kick from Hayes see's us level going in at half time and Missus and I sat and listened to CaleyD expecting a rout in the second half. Uhh Uhh. Queen's make a change and we're on the back foot. They skinned us and we sat back and watched. Rossco and Bulvitus were not up to the onslaught. Our defence were torn a new ar$ehole.Ok, half hour or so to go, perhaps we need to change something. Change formation, change players. Something is glaring apart from the sun. No! Wait! Lets try the Butcher and Malpas tactic. Let's shout and ball absolute abuse at the players. Lets call them all the useless tw*ts under the sun. That'll get a reaction. And by christ it did. They shrugged their shoulders, switched off and gave in.

Positives, for me, are that we do have a team of decent players. All of whom can do the job required. All of whom are capable of taking us back up. What is sorely lacking is the tactical direction needed to achieve that. I think, before its too late, an acknowledgement, from the board, that things are not working out, is a priority for this club.

Haven't agreed with many of your posts for quite a while Alex, but you're absolutely spot on with all of that.

Great post....

:025:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images