ICT fans

DornochCaley

"Are you insinuating that i am bitter and twisted? I dont think self pride has anything to do with it. We are on an online forum. Get a grip. I think its a bit more than self pride for you. I think its more you just want an excuse to start an argument with me so that you look good infront of all these people on an ONLINE forum. It would be a bit diffrent if we were all face-to-face. "

You, bitter and twisted? never.

I have no need to look good in front of anyone, I just respect what others think.

Yes it would be different if we were face to face, I wouldn't be so polite.

Right, so you are saying you would be very rude to a 16 year old? What a hard man. Maybe i wouldnt be polite either. Maybe i should tell you what i really think of you. But no, im not a complete dick. But i bet you love starting petty arguments with "foul mouthed youths" as we have been called so many times.

The club support is an embarassment already. TBH it would make no difference if you stayed or went. The atmosphere is crap just now so it would still be crap now.

I want you to make lots of noise but I dont like this whole "section G" thing going on. You are singling yourself out and some of you think that you are automatically better than the people who dont sing at the games. That is what pisses me off. You are making more enemies than friends. I know that these other fans who complain about swearing are idiots but you still have to respect them and maybe tone it down a bit. Its not hard. Just dont swear when you are not singing songs. Dont shout stupid comments out for the sake of it (which I know happened in the past)

This is not aimed at you individually because I dont have a clue who you are but you are the only one on here just now so I am telling you how it is

Right, this is the kinda person who in my opinion shoud feck off and never come back to the TCS. Youa re an absolute jke and its insulting to be called an ICT supporter when we have idiots like you. I am a season ticket holder with Inverness CT, my seat is in the back row of Section G and i have supported this club since 1994 and even Caley from 1992 and im only 21 years old. How old are you? or are you still living in the past with the Caley/Thistle divide. That is what is killing this club off when the stadium is full of "fans" who still think this is two teams. Section G seems to be only place that has genuine ICT supporters who have followed this club through thick and thin. Im sure there are probably more but the majority i bet are still the older generation who see two clubs playing at home in theTCS, not one. I look around the stadium and i see dour-faced arseholes who sit in their seats and criticise the team from a distance and never show their support vocally. These w*****s should pi$ off now. id rather see Inverness Caledonian Thistle play infront of 100 true ICT fans each home game rather than 2,500 idiots. Get real and get with the times. Inverness Caledonian & Inverness Thistle are DEAD!!! Inverness Caledonian Thistle is our club now and fecking get behind them insted of whinging and complaining about things that happen part and parcel with modern football. I am VERY close to telling ICT to stuff their season ticket and i wont be back until these morons are gone.

Im with you pal. I was thinking of throwing my ticket onto the pitch today. I couldnt belive what i was seeing. But i stayed till the end.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Are you insinuating that i am bitter and twisted? I dont think self pride has anything to do with it. We are on an online forum. Get a grip. I think its a bit more than self pride for you. I think its more you just want an excuse to start an argument with me so that you look good infront of all these people on an ONLINE forum. It would be a bit diffrent if we were all face-to-face. "

I have no need to look good in front of anyone, I just respect what others think.

Right, so you are saying you would be very rude to a 16 year old? What a hard man. Maybe i wouldnt be polite either. Maybe i should tell you what i really think of you. But no, im not a complete dick. But i bet you love starting petty arguments with "foul mouthed youths" as we have been called so many times.

The club support is an embarassment already. TBH it would make no difference if you stayed or went. The atmosphere is crap just now so it would still be crap now.

I want you to make lots of noise but I dont like this whole "section G" thing going on. You are singling yourself out and some of you think that you are automatically better than the people who dont sing at the games. That is what pisses me off. You are making more enemies than friends. I know that these other fans who complain about swearing are idiots but you still have to respect them and maybe tone it down a bit. Its not hard. Just dont swear when you are not singing songs. Dont shout stupid comments out for the sake of it (which I know happened in the past)

This is not aimed at you individually because I dont have a clue who you are but you are the only one on here just now so I am telling you how it is

Right, this is the kinda person who in my opinion shoud feck off and never come back to the TCS. Youa re an absolute jke and its insulting to be called an ICT supporter when we have idiots like you. I am a season ticket holder with Inverness CT, my seat is in the back row of Section G and i have supported this club since 1994 and even Caley from 1992 and im only 21 years old. How old are you? or are you still living in the past with the Caley/Thistle divide. That is what is killing this club off when the stadium is full of "fans" who still think this is two teams. Section G seems to be only place that has genuine ICT supporters who have followed this club through thick and thin. Im sure there are probably more but the majority i bet are still the older generation who see two clubs playing at home in theTCS, not one. I look around the stadium and i see dour-faced arseholes who sit in their seats and criticise the team from a distance and never show their support vocally. These w*****s should pi$ off now. id rather see Inverness Caledonian Thistle play infront of 100 true ICT fans each home game rather than 2,500 idiots. Get real and get with the times. Inverness Caledonian & Inverness Thistle are DEAD!!! Inverness Caledonian Thistle is our club now and fecking get behind them insted of whinging and complaining about things that happen part and parcel with modern football. I am VERY close to telling ICT to stuff their season ticket and i wont be back until these morons are gone.

Im with you pal. I was thinking of throwing my ticket onto the pitch today. I couldnt belive what i was seeing. But i stayed till the end.

I stayed to the end. even when the "support" poured out of the stadium.

I stayed to the end. even when the "support" poured out of the stadium.

I have never left a game early and i never will. I just wish more would stay like we did.

Right, this is the kinda person who in my opinion shoud feck off and never come back to the TCS. Youa re an absolute jke and its insulting to be called an ICT supporter when we have idiots like you. I am a season ticket holder with Inverness CT, my seat is in the back row of Section G and i have supported this club since 1994 and even Caley from 1992 and im only 21 years old. How old are you? or are you still living in the past with the Caley/Thistle divide. That is what is killing this club off when the stadium is full of "fans" who still think this is two teams. Section G seems to be only place that has genuine ICT supporters who have followed this club through thick and thin. Im sure there are probably more but the majority i bet are still the older generation who see two clubs playing at home in theTCS, not one. I look around the stadium and i see dour-faced arseholes who sit in their seats and criticise the team from a distance and never show their support vocally. These w*****s should pi$$ off now. id rather see Inverness Caledonian Thistle play infront of 100 true ICT fans each home game rather than 2,500 idiots. Get real and get with the times. Inverness Caledonian & Inverness Thistle are DEAD!!! Inverness Caledonian Thistle is our club now and fecking get behind them insted of whinging and complaining about things that happen part and parcel with modern football. I am VERY close to telling ICT to stuff their season ticket and i wont be back until these morons are gone.

Thanks. Your right I will stop going to all the games just because I say what I feel about it. I have supported the club since 1994 as well (and im 18 years old), I have got a season ticket for this year and been to every League game this season home and away if we are going to go down that road of stating our achievements about how well we support the club.

What did I say that offended you so much. The support at TCS is crap just now so what would make it worse if the "section G" left?

I dont want you to leave becuase we do need you at the ground but when I go to the home games I dont get why people talk on here about section G being particuarly great. The only diference I see it that the few back rows stand up and sing one or two songs throughout the match. There isnt anything special about that though is there?

If people get on at you for swearing too much then you have to try and respect that and tone it down a little becuase they cant be complaining about when you are singing becuase there is a general lack of that so it must be in the conversations which can easily cut out swearing.

To get a decent atmosphere you need to have more people to sing with you. The only was you are going to do that is by getting the small children to join in but that wont happen if their mum and dads wont let them go up to sit beside you lot becuase of the things they might hear when they are up there.

and for your information im not one of the people that moan there heads off at every slack pass. I dont abuse Butcher during the game. I go there to support the club, I dont sit up in the back of the North Stand because I dont know anybody up theire anymore. I used to know most of them but they all stopped going to the games so I moved seats but there is nothing that would make me want to sit up there, I might not do by singing and shouting anymore (at the home games) but I do it in the way I feel is the next best manner of supporting your team. I try to get behind them and support them in every way I can so I dont see why I should not be allowed to go back just because you think that I am against people singing. I am not I think there should be more but if you try to deny that the atmosphere at TCS is crap then it is you who has serious problems not me

I have never left a game early and i never will. I just wish more would stay like we did.

And the majority of the fans to be fair.

Anyway I wouldn't blame people for leaving early, if the fans were as heartless as some of our players there would be no one left come full time.

Thanks. Your right I will stop going to all the games just because I say what I feel about it. I have supported the club since 1994 as well (and im 18 years old), I have got a season ticket for this year and been to every League game this season home and away if we are going to go down that road of stating our achievements about how well we support the club.

What did I say that offended you so much. The support at TCS is crap just now so what would make it worse if the "section G" left?

I dont want you to leave becuase we do need you at the ground but when I go to the home games I dont get why people talk on here about section G being particuarly great. The only diference I see it that the few back rows stand up and sing one or two songs throughout the match. There isnt anything special about that though is there?

If people get on at you for swearing too much then you have to try and respect that and tone it down a little becuase they cant be complaining about when you are singing becuase there is a general lack of that so it must be in the conversations which can easily cut out swearing.

To get a decent atmosphere you need to have more people to sing with you. The only was you are going to do that is by getting the small children to join in but that wont happen if their mum and dads wont let them go up to sit beside you lot becuase of the things they might hear when they are up there.

and for your information im not one of the people that moan there heads off at every slack pass. I dont abuse Butcher during the game. I go there to support the club, I dont sit up in the back of the North Stand because I dont know anybody up theire anymore. I used to know most of them but they all stopped going to the games so I moved seats but there is nothing that would make me want to sit up there, I might not do by singing and shouting anymore (at the home games) but I do it in the way I feel is the next best manner of supporting your team. I try to get behind them and support them in every way I can so I dont see why I should not be allowed to go back just because you think that I am against people singing. I am not I think there should be more but if you try to deny that the atmosphere at TCS is crap then it is you who has serious problems not me

Its crap now, but there would be NONE if we didnt go to the games.

Granted it was crap today but it is the only place in the stadium that sings(apart from the South Stand). Everyone must know atleast half of the songs so why dont they join in?

I didnt say swearing, i said standing. An im at the back row

Show another club support in the world who doesnt swear at any games?

and for your information im not one of the people that moan there heads off at every slack pass. I dont abuse Butcher during the game. I go there to support the club, I dont sit up in the back of the North Stand because I dont know anybody up theire anymore. I used to know most of them but they all stopped going to the games so I moved seats but there is nothing that would make me want to sit up there, I might not do by singing and shouting anymore (at the home games) but I do it in the way I feel is the next best manner of supporting your team. I try to get behind them and support them in every way I can so I dont see why I should not be allowed to go back just because you think that I am against people singing. I am not I think there should be more but if you try to deny that the atmosphere at TCS is crap then it is you who has serious problems not me.

Im not denying that the atmosphere at TCS is great. Its FAR from it. But the only who do try their hardest to aleast make some noise and generate some atmosphere are the ones being singled out by the club and these so called fans.

Granted it was crap today but it is the only place in the stadium that sings(apart from the South Stand). Everyone must know atleast half of the songs so why dont they join in?

I think they should join in. The only reason why they might not join in is becuase they would be the only 1 or 2 in that section that is singing and they would look like a bit of an idiot (a pathetic excuse I know but it might be true)

I didnt say swearing, i said standing. An im at the back row

As far as I can see you should be able to stand becuase you are not blocking anyones view and if people complain about that then they need to get their head checked but like some people at TCS they will be moaning for the sake of moaning

Show another club support in the world who doesnt swear at any games?

I wouldnt be able to but apparently we are to only club that has fans that will kick up a fuss about it so the best way to work around the problem is to try and stop swearing so much. Not if the songs you try to sing have swears in them and they need to be said but if swearing less will get more people on your side then maybe you need to consider that

and for your information im not one of the people that moan there heads off at every slack pass. I dont abuse Butcher during the game. I go there to support the club, I dont sit up in the back of the North Stand because I dont know anybody up theire anymore. I used to know most of them but they all stopped going to the games so I moved seats but there is nothing that would make me want to sit up there, I might not do by singing and shouting anymore (at the home games) but I do it in the way I feel is the next best manner of supporting your team. I try to get behind them and support them in every way I can so I dont see why I should not be allowed to go back just because you think that I am against people singing. I am not I think there should be more but if you try to deny that the atmosphere at TCS is crap then it is you who has serious problems not me.

Im not denying that the atmosphere at TCS is great. Its FAR from it. But the only who do try their hardest to aleast make some noise and generate some atmosphere are the ones being singled out by the club and these so called fans.

Yeah I know you are and I really do think the club need to sort that out but the only thing the club can do is move the family section somewhere else and that is never going to happen. Even that might not solve the problem because some of the complainers might not be in the family section. As far as I can see that is all the club can do but they wont because they wont want to upset the people making the complaints who at the end of the day are the main problem

Everyone who paid to get into the stadium has a right to be there. Doesn't matter if you are asleep, swearing, moaning, criticising, applauding,singing, silent, or whatever. As long as it doesn't get the club into trouble with the SFL, then it's not an issue.

Not every fan will sing. Fair enough. They are usually the majority. There is usually 1/5 of the support who sing, chant, etc at a club. At ICT it is about 1/20. That is what makes our club unique, for better or worse... I do think there is a Highland thing in it, as one poster mentioned before, but that it is just a fact of life, and they are no less of a supporter than the vocal ones.

I do think that we need to take a look at the readiness of the support to start shouting negative things. (and i've been guilty of this in the past). I really think that our away form is not a coincidence. It'snot so much that there are more songs, but that there is less negativity. The players must feel more at ease away from home.

Now, the big thing is, are the home support big enough to try and be positive outwardly for the players sake, and consciously keep the negativity inside them, for the pub afterwards.

Forget song sheets, how about sheets with these words written on them:

"you'll get it next time (name)...chin up"

"Keep going lads, it'll come"

"You can score (name) we know it"

"Keep your head up (name), next goal's yours"

Heck, i know it sounds corny, but if you can try, for a second, to imagine what the player would respond better to, then surely it's clear that there has to be a shift in attitude, a conscious decision to change the support method.

Something has to change is right, but maybe it's the fans and I include myself in the group of people who are negative and quick to moan.

Everyone who paid to get into the stadium has a right to be there. Doesn't matter if you are asleep, swearing, moaning, criticising, applauding,singing, silent, or whatever. As long as it doesn't get the club into trouble with the SFL, then it's not an issue.

Not every fan will sing. Fair enough. They are usually the majority. There is usually 1/5 of the support who sing, chant, etc at a club. At ICT it is about 1/20. That is what makes our club unique, for better or worse... I do think there is a Highland thing in it, as one poster mentioned before, but that it is just a fact of life, and they are no less of a supporter than the vocal ones.

I do think that we need to take a look at the readiness of the support to start shouting negative things. (and i've been guilty of this in the past). I really think that our away form is not a coincidence. It'snot so much that there are more songs, but that there is less negativity. The players must feel more at ease away from home.

Now, the big thing is, are the home support big enough to try and be positive outwardly for the players sake, and consciously keep the negativity inside them, for the pub afterwards.

Heck, i know it sounds corny, but if you can try, for a second, to imagine what the player would respond better to, then surely it's clear that there has to be a shift in attitude, a conscious decision to change the support method.

Something has to change is right, but maybe it's the fans and I include myself in the group of people who are negative and quick to moan.

Well said Kirishima.

Firstly, sorry for bringing this up again. But today as we were leaving the stadium, a woman said to me "why do you and your mates come to the games?"

So i replied

"Because we support the team"

Then she said

"Well you have a weird way of showing it. Why bother coming to the games if you are going to be like that"

So i said in return

"Atleast we give support to the club unlike people like you who just sit on their fat arses!"

I am disillusioned with the club and some of the fans. We try our best to give the team support yet we get no support in return except some of you on this forum. Ok...We didnt sing much today but its hard to when you get penilised for it. I really dont know what to do. Im thinking of writing a letter to the club to ask if we fans who try and support the club can get support from them in return and actually give us support when we have fans like this woman who thinks she is so high and mighty compaired to us.

So, did you feel tough swearing at the lady? The one that is so high and mighty?

What are you getting at? Why are we being critisised for giving the club support and when we dont give the club support we are still critisised! Its a lose-lose situation for us.

Thanks for your comment.

Edited by themann4thejob
abusive content removed

Your studies on Karma are progressing well, little grasshopper.

"Right, so you are saying you would be very rude to a 16 year old? What a hard man. Maybe i wouldnt be polite either. Maybe i should tell you what i really think of you. But no, im not a complete dick. But i bet you love starting petty arguments with "foul mouthed youths" as we have been called so many times."

Your age has nothing to do with it, you abuse everybody on here without worrying about their age.

I must disagree you are a complete dick.

Are you a foul mouthed yob?

1. "Atleast we give support to the club unlike people like you who just sit on their fat arses!"

2. "I have one thing to say....GTF BUTCHER!"

3 "Do you constantly have to be a complete ****? "

4 " I didnt say we support the club MORE. And if i did at some point. Thats not what i ment. We try our fecking best. Stop getting on at us. What the feck would you lot of fecking arseholes do without us. What a fecking embarassment our club would be without us. We take alot of stick off other clubs fans because there are so few of us yet we still go on. It would help if more joined in FFS! Feck im pissed off now! "

And this is just from 1 topic if I went though the whole board I could find hundreds of examples that says YES you are a foul mouthed youth and please stop using the "I'm only 16" excuse for everything. "I'm only 16, I don't start the songs I just join in, Would you be rude to a 16yr old?" etc.

If you were my 16yr old I wouldn't just be rude to you, I'd batter some respect into you. (Quick call the PC brigade.) Your whole attitude sucks, you have nothing good to say to anyone.

Why don't you do us all a favour and crawl back under your rock.

Edited by themann4thejob
abusive content removed

I'm not getting in to this bun fight, everyone is pissed of ATM and Oz i like reading your posts, as i also like reading DornochCaley, we are all from different back grounds and times spent following Oz = old school. DornochCaley = New School (the furture) so Im not taking sides now...

This thread seems to be populated largely by angry and abusive young men, so I have this advice to offer.

It's the hormones, lads, and you'll eventually grow out of it, and become pleasant young adults. In the meantime, try to find yourself a nice girl to go out with. That might calm you down! What you really need is sex, but one thing at a time . . .

:025:

did your hear that Oz lol.

its not time to make a change just sit back and take it slowly your still young thats your fault you have much you have to go through...

RIP Gately boy.

Edited by themann4thejob
your spelling is getting worse

for me the atmosphere has been garbage ever since we went all seater at all but maybe a half dozen games.

this is not a dig at the lads who do try to create an atmosphere, i wish there was more of them, but there's simply not enough like minded souls able to sit together due to the allocated seating and the fact that the stadium seems to have more than its fair share of total moronic fans strategically dispersed and who would be better suited to staying at home playing tiddlywinks.

i include the serial moaners in that bracket also.for instance one old muppet in section e next to me has been shouting abuse at esson since he arrived.is he blind or what i dunno but it does get on my tits that so many cant support the side during the game at least.the booing of lional v tinks was another for me, thats a feckin disgrace imo regardless of the fact he was having the shocker of all shockers

at the risk of sounding sexist, but in all honesty i dont give a sheite, the amount of women and children at the games nowadays doesn't help either cos from what i see a lot of them do the tut tut ing at the swearing,certain songs etc etc.while i'm at it , whichever num nuts thought of putting the family sections where they did in the north stand also has a lot to answer for.

:025: :025: :025: Put brilliantly!

Agree with you there. Why do these fans that constantly complain about, swearing, the atmosphere ect bother coming to the games? If they dont like it they can feck off

To a certain extent i can understand why parents moan though its not our fault! Its whoever put the family section next to where all us sit as we where there before the family section. But i have realised most people that complain are people that dont have kids with them at the games! Its always people that the things dont effect that complain such as the whole "Gypo" deal.

The family section has been where it is since the new stands were built, I only remember section G becoming the "singing section in the past couple of years and only after the West stand was deemed to be unusable under SPL rules (unless all the covered seats were taken). My tickets are in the family section and have been since the return to TCS, due to price mainly, yesterday I asked to have my seats exchanged for seats closer to section G because I feel that my kids should enjoy a fuller football experience, including being close enough to join in the chanting.

My point is that even though I have no problem with the colourful language the family section was undoubtedly there before you had your ST in section G therefore, given that not everyone's morals are as liberal as mine regarding protecting my kids from bad words, it is your fault.

With regard to the whole "gypo" deal, do you realise how high a proportion of travelling people in the UK are of Irish roots? A nationality of people you have taken great delight in defending to the hilt and condemning anyone who has views opposed to yours. Hypocrisy in it's rawest form.

Edited by birdog

"This thread seems to be populated largely by angry and abusive young men, so I have this advice to offer.

It's the hormones, lads, and you'll eventually grow out of it, and become pleasant young adults. In the meantime, try to find yourself a nice girl to go out with. That might calm you down! What you really need is sex, but one thing at a time . . ."

I wish I was a young man but I'm 42, grown out of it and am a very pleasant old man, I'm married, have sex whenever I like. :025:

I speak from experience when I post. During my time in the army I worked on the doors of a club in Germany. For 10 years I ran riot and will admit that at some times I was the sort of bouncer that I now dispise, ie batter now ask questions later. Since this I have calmed down and can see life from the other side. There is no need to abuse people verbally or otherwise all the time. So when I see Dornoch Caley spouting his vile rantings on here I feel I must speakout because some others are just too polite to do it.

PS: Cheers Gordy for your PM, I agree totally.

PPS: Georgeios, I don't believe you are quoting Boyzone lyrics :025:

lol the wee ugly one popped it, i have the fortune of having a 22 year old mrs who's seen them live, its been on all day, thats why im no here!!!!!

I however would like to make a mens and say i beleve it was Cat Stevens what wrote it and sung it first....

Edited by Georgeios

PPS: Georgeios, I don't believe you are quoting Boyzone lyrics :025:

Cat Stevens' lyrics, boyzone ruined the song.

Damn it George got in there first with the correction.

And since we are quoting Yusuf Islam perhaps those easily offended by colourful language might take some comfort and advice from these words.

But if you wanna leave, take good care

Hope you make a lot of nice friends out there

But just remember there's a lot of bad and beware

Oh, baby, baby, it's a wild world

It's hard to get by just upon a smile

Edited by birdog

Aye but its the wee fannys ive had to listen to on dog **** Radio all morning lol!! BD, I happen to know there are a few seats (3 I think) in my row and a few further down, im about 3/4 forward from the singers!! cracks awsome.