Keep Butcher, Here's Why!

GMD11UK

post-1754-1255224311.jpg

Why is it whenever a team has a bad run of results instead of giving the coaching staff time to adjust to their new surroundings and players the fans like an angry mob call for the head of the manager to leave town like a leper banished forever!

Terry should be given more time (at least a year) to use what he has squad wise and find out what works, and who needs to start filling out their applications for tesco for their new career. from what i can gather remarks were made towards certain members of the crowd during today's loss against QOTS but to be honest a lot of the main stand cronies with their flat caps and hard sweeties who love to have a good ole' moan when even the wind changes must have been provoking him and his players, its not as if he's going into McDonald's and shouting abuse at them while they're flipping burgers so fair play for him to shout back telling those muppets where to go!

Butcher has had less than a year after the train wreck that was Brewster who came, took the money and ran. butcher took us on a good run of results and unless i am mistaken he wasn't the person on the pitch in the last game of our SPL run losing the game, it was the players who were at fault for that loss.

Give him time to get us on a good run again before we run for the pitchforks and torches crying for his head on a post, besides, what top caliber manager would we get to come in and replace TB & MM?!!? If anyone mentions any previous managers i will shake my head in disappointment.

post-1754-1255224311.jpg

Why is it whenever a team has a bad run of results instead of giving the coaching staff time to adjust to their new surroundings and players the fans like an angry mob call for the head of the manager to leave town like a leper banished forever!

Terry should be given more time (at least a year) to use what he has squad wise and find out what works, and who needs to start filling out their applications for tesco for their new career. from what i can gather remarks were made towards certain members of the crowd during today's loss against QOTS but to be honest a lot of the main stand cronies with their flat caps and hard sweeties who love to have a good ole' moan when even the wind changes must have been provoking him and his players, its not as if he's going into McDonald's and shouting abuse at them while they're flipping burgers so fair play for him to shout back telling those muppets where to go!

Butcher has had less than a year after the train wreck that was Brewster who came, took the money and ran. butcher took us on a good run of results and unless i am mistaken he wasn't the person on the pitch in the last game of our SPL run losing the game, it was the players who were at fault for that loss.

Give him time to get us on a good run again before we run for the pitchforks and torches crying for his head on a post, besides, what top caliber manager would we get to come in and replace TB & MM?!!? If anyone mentions any previous managers i will shake my head in disappointment.

Wasnt he not the same person who took off our strikers when we were 2-0 up against Kilmarnock(which would have guaranteed safety) only to concede 2 goals. Same with Motherwell. He is also the same man who thinks playing 4-5-1 at home is acceptable and not making drastic changes until th game is out of our reach. He is also the same who verbally abuses paying fans bcause he didnt like what they were saying. Butcher must go. end of!

post-1754-1255224311.jpg

Wasnt he not the same person who took off our strikers when we were 2-0 up against Kilmarnock(which would have guaranteed safety) only to concede 2 goals. Same with Motherwell. He is also the same man who thinks playing 4-5-1 at home is acceptable and not making drastic changes until th game is out of our reach. He is also the same who verbally abuses paying fans bcause he didnt like what they were saying. Butcher must go. end of!

It is the man whose contract ends at the end of the season and will be away no matter what we want or think.

i think if i were to sit 10 yards from you and shout at you for over an hour abuse and just generally not nice things you'd tell me to die in an very uncomfortable manner, so i think it was unprofessional but alas his god given right to tell those muppets that ross rounty are over the bridge if they're unhappy here.

i think if i were to sit 10 yards from you and shout at you for over an hour abuse and just generally not nice things you'd tell me to die in an very uncomfortable manner, so i think it was unprofessional but alas his god given right to tell those muppets that ross rounty are over the bridge if they're unhappy here.

Yeh and Hampden Park is in the other direction. I said Butcher will not keep us up from day 1 and now its ringing true. Butcher had a half opportunity to bringin players who he thougt would get the job done. He has fecked it right up and now the only way is for him go.

edit: i wouldnt give you one minute let along one hour but he has been getting this all season and he should have acted upon it and got it changed to atleast get the fans off his back. It has backfied big style and now the board must act to save themselves from a mass fans exodus.

Edited by caleykid1994

if you can see into the future can you predict when i will get my game back from my mate, he's had it for ages.

well he had an opportunity to bring in some players but withing the caley budget which is roughly the same as my granny's coin jar so he got what he could on let say "limited resources".

if you can see into the future can you predict when i will get my game back from my mate, he's had it for ages.

well he had an opportunity to bring in some players but withing the caley budget which is roughly the same as my granny's coin jar so he got what he could on let say "limited resources".

Never, you dont deserve it back

Limited resources when he has the enitre Highlnad League on his doorstep. Most players in the Highland League compete on a bigger level than some 2nd Division players. Plus with the SPL Reserve league now over, there was a huge amount of players up for grabs

The "Caley Budget". Was the main reason in the clubs rise through the leagues, now it will be our downfall.

highland league?!? are we gonna raid nairn county for players instead of ross county now?!?! we came up quickly due to our core set of players who we kept on stupidly short term contracts and sold of at the first instance to help pay for Graeme Bennett to fanny about in the stands doing......something?!?!?

we should have kept onto players like ian black, don cowie and john rankin instead we sold or released them them off for a quick buck an shot ourselves in the foot getting rid of the core of our team and getting in seasonal players who don't know the caley style of play.

we are only 6 points of the top group with fixtures against the bottom teams coming up so we could pick up lots of points if we play like we did in the first half today and be right in the mix with the rest of the teams, this will be a tough season for not just us but everyone else stuck in division 1 due to a 1 up 1 down rule so we need to get these loses out of the way and start preparing for a war with the likes of county, partick, raith, dundee and qots.

mass fans exodus.?!?!?!

what fans, the same people will be there every week regardless if they leave due to a semi bad run of results then i won't miss them moaning all season.

Here is a little list of truths:

Players hate playing at home because they don't feel any support/get negative vibes.

Butcher had no cash to replace international players such as Black/Cowie

Our parachute payment went to cover marius's pay-off

The squad is unrecognisable from what it was two years ago. There is no core.

We aren't getting promoted this season

Almost everyone is out of contract january/end of season

Now Butcher's signings are going to take a while to be seen as failures or successes. And what manager has a perfect signing record? Certainly none that would ever be interested in the ICT job. We don't have the scouts to find us gems, so Butcher has to do his best to find players who want to play in the back of beyond, for crap wages in a division that is of a very poor standard. And players like Cox and Sanchez were getting praised just a week or two ago.

I can totally understand people being frustrated, but waving the white flag and giving up is hardly the way. There have been some real highs (cup final) and some real lows (Partick/RC/Dunfermline) but overall id say we are doing about 50% ok...just gotta get behind the team, through thick and thin...but it's easier to fit the stereotype of dour heilanders. It's transition time.

Players hate playing at home because they don't feel any support/get negative vibes.

Now Butcher's signings are going to take a while to be seen as failures or successes. And what manager has a perfect signing record? Certainly none that would ever be interested in the ICT job. We don't have the scouts to find us gems, so Butcher has to do his best to find players who want to play in the back of beyond, for crap wages in a division that is of a very poor standard. And players like Cox and Sanchez were getting praised just a week or two ago.

I can totally understand people being frustrated, but waving the white flag and giving up is hardly the way. There have been some real highs (cup final) and some real lows (Partick/RC/Dunfermline) but overall id say we are doing about 50% ok...just gotta get behind the team, through thick and thin...but it's easier to fit the stereotype of dour heilanders. It's transition time.

Couldn't agree with you more!

Marius hasn't been paid yet, and would the 500k Euro they got from Dinamo Bucharest plus the 60k Euros they got for him playing in the Euros not cover what they have to pay to him

Its clear and has been since last season Butcher is an inept manager, some people are just not cut out for management and he is one of them. I have said this on many occasions but here it is again.

We lost our SPL status due to his tactical blundering in key games. Following relegation he dumped as many of the previous managers players as he could in a bid to create his team without consideration to those already there.

He has failed repeatedly to identify the fact our back four are and have been a complete liability, the Bulvitus signing has not worked, he loved Zadi but its obvious he is a disaster waiting to happen and bringing in Golly has added little. Yesterday highlighted this, Derek Holmes looked a good stone overweight but terrorised our back four, scoring after 32 seconds with Bulvitus AWOL. They ripped us apart on the wings all afternoon, Tokely couldn't tackle to save himself.

Butcher brought in a completely new midfield in preference to building up what was already there. The midfield should have been built around Vigurs, Duncan, Mcbain and Foran with the like of Ross and Gillespie being brought in to gain experience and build for the future, instead we have had to watch Eagle, Stratford, Cox and Hayes run around lost, devoid of ideas and failing miserably to provide the forwards with service.

Up front Foran seems wasted here I would much prefer to see him in midfield. Sanchez or whichever forward is selected to play along side Foran do not seem to be able to play off him in support or benefit from his work to create goals.

On the field we lack leadership Munro is struggling with his own game never mind masterminding those around him.

Off the field the manager fails to inspire and there is little in the way of tactics. His method of preparation is also suspect, the team just does not look fit enough to me. Modern football teams use up to date training methods Butchers method is truly archaic and just not good enough.

Butchers body language suggests a man under pressure struggling to find the answer to problems that he has created for himself. After his spat with crowd in the main stand and along with the mass exit after the 3rd goal he must realise that the tide is turning against him and I wonder what it is that is keeping him from chucking it in. To survive he is going to have to turn things around pretty fast, a lot of people are getting hacked of now.

If and when he does go his successor has an awful job ahead of him it may be a case of a long term rebuild and a few seasons in the 1st.

Its clear and has been since last season Butcher is an inept manager, some people are just not cut out for management and he is one of them. I have said this on many occasions but here it is again.

We lost our SPL status due to his tactical blundering in key games. Following relegation he dumped as many of the previous managers players as he could in a bid to create his team without consideration to those already there.

He has failed repeatedly to identify the fact our back four are and have been a complete liability, the Bulvitus signing has not worked, he loved Zadi but its obvious he is a disaster waiting to happen and bringing in Golly has added little. Yesterday highlighted this, Derek Holmes looked a good stone overweight but terrorised our back four, scoring after 32 seconds with Bulvitus AWOL. They ripped us apart on the wings all afternoon, Tokely couldn't tackle to save himself.

Butcher brought in a completely new midfield in preference to building up what was already there. The midfield should have been built around Vigurs, Duncan, Mcbain and Foran with the like of Ross and Gillespie being brought in to gain experience and build for the future, instead we have had to watch Eagle, Stratford, Cox and Hayes run around lost, devoid of ideas and failing miserably to provide the forwards with service.

Up front Foran seems wasted here I would much prefer to see him in midfield. Sanchez or whichever forward is selected to play along side Foran do not seem to be able to play off him in support or benefit from his work to create goals.

On the field we lack leadership Munro is struggling with his own game never mind masterminding those around him.

Off the field the manager fails to inspire and there is little in the way of tactics. His method of preparation is also suspect, the team just does not look fit enough to me. Modern football teams use up to date training methods Butchers method is truly archaic and just not good enough.

Butchers body language suggests a man under pressure struggling to find the answer to problems that he has created for himself. After his spat with crowd in the main stand and along with the mass exit after the 3rd goal he must realise that the tide is turning against him and I wonder what it is that is keeping him from chucking it in. To survive he is going to have to turn things around pretty fast, a lot of people are getting hacked of now.

If and when he does go his successor has an awful job ahead of him it may be a case of a long term rebuild and a few seasons in the 1st.

He was just as bad at Sydney FC, negative tactics , only ever played 1 striker. The fans at Sydney practically drove him to the airport to make sure he would leave. I was hoping he would do better with us but it is clear that he is a one trick pony and struggles when the one trick fails

Great post totally agree, the worrying thing is your last statement yes whoever does come in has a very difficult job as to be honest Butcher will have left a very poor squad.

Butcher has had less than a year after the train wreck that was Brewster

Brewster was a "train wreck" according to you, yet Butcher is doing equally as poor a job, only in a lower standard of football and we should keep him? Thats logical!

Edited by SMEE

Well said Kirishima , i couldnt agree with you more , especially the point about how the team hate playing at home

Good post - but there are quite a few other points that you can add to it - lets say Brewster, Barry wilson, Denis Wyness and Graeme Bayne fer starters.

Good post - but there are quite a few other points that you can add to it - lets say Brewster, Barry wilson, Denis Wyness and Graeme Bayne fer starters.

Brewster was "injured"

Wilson was fast losing pace(hey, he didnt even play against us?)

Wyness hasnt been the same since 2003

Bayne i agree should have stayed.

Heres more

Vigurs was a promising player and prved it against us

Wood would have been the ideal strike partner for Foran

*McAllister could have been something if he put in a decent days shift

Hastings was our mainstay LB for years and was a solid performer most weeks

*think he was gone before Butcher though?

But the biggest mistake(from the board) was selling Niculae for pittence. we recouped nothing and i bet had he stayed we would have been top 6, not relegation fodder

highland league?!? are we gonna raid nairn county for players instead of ross county now?!?! we came up quickly due to our core set of players who we kept on stupidly short term contracts and sold of at the first instance to help pay for Graeme Bennett to fanny about in the stands doing......something?!?!?

we should have kept onto players like ian black, don cowie and john rankin instead we sold or released them them off for a quick buck an shot ourselves in the foot getting rid of the core of our team and getting in seasonal players who don't know the caley style of play.

we are only 6 points of the top group with fixtures against the bottom teams coming up so we could pick up lots of points if we play like we did in the first half today and be right in the mix with the rest of the teams, this will be a tough season for not just us but everyone else stuck in division 1 due to a 1 up 1 down rule so we need to get these loses out of the way and start preparing for a war with the likes of county, partick, raith, dundee and qots.

Some of our best ever players came from the Highland league. Iain Stewart, Brian Thompson, Charlie Christie, Ian McArthur, Richie Hart, Barry Wilson, Roy McBain, Ross Tokely, Stuart Golabeck etc etc etc. I would take all of them ahead of almost any equivalent member of our current squad. I would far prefer we gave talented young highlanders a chance rather than trawl the lower divisions in england.

Some of our best ever players came from the Highland league. Iain Stewart, Brian Thompson, Charlie Christie, Ian McArthur, Richie Hart, Barry Wilson, Roy McBain, Ross Tokely, Stuart Golabeck etc etc etc. I would take all of them ahead of almost any equivalent member of our current squad. I would far prefer we gave talented young highlanders a chance rather than trawl the lower divisions in england.

Exactly ! couldn't agree more.

The basis of our team which was constructed by Paterson was built from "local" stock. Butcher, in trying to build his own team, is plucking guys from England who basically can't get a game down there.

Exactly ! couldn't agree more.

The basis of our team which was constructed by Paterson was built from "local" stock. Butcher, in trying to build his own team, is plucking guys from England who basically can't get a game down there.

i agree, and its something that i'm suprised more people aren't picking up on.we have an unprecedented amount of 'foreigners' , english, irish , spanish,latvian ... , and it reminds me of a few years back when a lot of scottish clubs were bringing in foreigners that weren't any better than what we had. that cant be said of all our signings but we've definately lost our 'soul' in the last few years and thats one of the reasons i'm glad at least gollys back because our back 4 has a real local look to it again, well 3 anyway!

Totally agree, Steve....

The most talented and most promising "local" stock I've seen around here for a long, long time is young Nick Ross.

Not even on the bench yesterday.... Doesn't look likely to figure in Butcher's grand scheme of things.

Esson

Tokely Munro Duff Hastings

Ross Proctor Vigurs McBain

Foran Wood

Subs: Allison; Duncan; Shinnie; Golabek; Wyness

Only two 'foreigners' in Esson and Foran but not a bad team. Draft in Imrie, one of our many strikers (for me it's Rooney but pick from Eric, Barrowman or Sanchez), plus a centre-back (not John Terry or Mihadjuks, just a reliable SFL1/lower SPL central defender) and that looks like a stable squad, capable of doing something.