Back to basics

Georgeios

Right heres how I see it and feel right now.

I bought all the hipe with TB coming in, he did a great job right up untill he changed things in the SPL, we were safe, then we dropped like a stone again, why? who cares its done now!!

Now we are down here in the SFL we had the big pre season build up of going back quick.. we brought in some new players, got all excited and BANG!! things didnt go our way..

Now the problem I see we have is.. We have no real long term plans, non of the new lads are on long contracts, Hayes / Cox / Foran / TB MM and some of our "Stars from the past" are coming to an end this year too.

So what do we do?

Me, I want us to stop all the going back quick stuff and go back to basics, Get in some players that want to stay with us long term, we have a young team that needs to build/Gel we need a manager who understands us and knows what its like down here.

I'm not looking for Sackings or the likes in the thread but im looking for what we as "Fans" want to see.

I want to see the good days back when football was about playing for Our Club, I want to see good games of football when its tight, hard hitting and entertaining, Im happy we are not in the SPL now, we have more to play for down here, Cup runs and a chance to win the leauge not just wollow in the mid/bottom of the table.

I want the old days back, home grown football, I dont care about going up, i just want our old Caley Thistle back!!

You have hit it on the head when you say "we need players who are willing to stay at the club long term".

We need a mix of local lads and players brought in who are willing to commit to the club to bring back the football we have enjoyed in the past. Paterson did it over a number of seasons and the results came through which in turn laid the foundations for the SPL. We are back at the bottom now and a considered long term approach and rebuild is required.

A quick solution is great if it gets the club back to the spl but at the way it is going, thats not going to happen. We need players that can gel and enjoy playing alongside one and other and not individual players. Signing players on short term contracts is always worrying. I think the team need some team bonding because they do not seen to be the one unit at the moment and this needs to ochange and fast

I think we need to give up hope of the SPL and get back to playing football, after all thats what we go to see.. Good football. Im not trying to find the quick fix, i dont want a quick fix, i want a long term Goal.

Couldn't agree more. I would much rather see a team of local lads that want to play for Inverness, rather than just seeing us a stepping stone. This was a line up from Hearts pre-season July '03.

1 Mark Brown

2 David Proctor

3 Stuart Golabek

4 Robert Mann

5 Stuart McCaffrey

6 Russell Duncan

7 Richard Hart

8 Steven Hislop (Anthony Kevin Low 78)

9 Paul Ritchie

10 Roy McBain

11 David Bingham

Grant John Munro

32 Christopher James Finnigan

33 Lewis Craig MacKinnon

34 Michael Alan Fraser

What a team!

Many of the guys from that team (most of which are local to us) have stayed/did stay for a number of years.

5 of that squad are still with us, include rossco too. 3 are too old to still be playing and 3 didnt make the cut I guess. Both keepers, Caff, Hart and Hissy moved elsewhere to better themselves or get a regular game, and none of them could really be blamed, as all of them served the club well for a number of years.

Contrast that to Saturdays game-

Esson, Tokely, Bulvitis, Munro, Golabek, Cox, Eagle (Rooney 76), Duncan, Foran, Sanchez (Imrie 71), Hayes.

Subs Not Used: Proctor, Stratford, Allison.

How many of our new signings really care about ICT, and how many would hang around if we were successful (or unsuccessful?!)?

Not one up and coming highlander amongst them

Please do not confuse this with racism, I have no particular problem with most of these lads being English, my problem is that most of them do not really seem to care, which makes the team a lot harder to support at time like these.

thank you tok, im not going mad!! I want to see those types of teams again, Inverness/Highland lads again, thats that going to watch caley for me was all about, now we are as good going to see some top six teams that have no national ID!!

The only way that the muppets could save face following their adherence of Brewster was to provide the fans with the "false hope" of a new Messiah to make it look as if it was a real fight to avoid SPL relegation and then appease all by stating that the intent was to go straight back up now.

Well the bubble has burst in a bif fashion - Lets face it we do not have the financial clout to go back up - and ask yourselves - WHY ? - My answer is MISMANAGEMENT.

I fer one do not think Butcher is up to the job but the problem lies deeper - going back to basics is fine but that should be across the board and not just in regard to the playing side.

If this was a business we would be getting an Independent Tribunal in to look at the management - I bet that would be some report.

Back to Basics but with an independent director of Football, a PR guru who knows hat they are doing and a manager who does not go along with the script.

My idea... Get winter trials go watch the Highland leauge and pick the crop of what we have on our DOORSTEP, I loved the pre season friendlys for that very reason!! we have a great local leauges and players who would play for the club I.E INVERNESS!! NORTH OF SCOTLAND and not demand big bucks, they would have the back ground that if things arnt going well they'd have family and friend near by, i feel for Bull just now, hes stuck here with next to no support, we'd have players playing in front of there freind and familys like it used to be!!

Ok Elgins not doing to well just now but IMO should be a proud side, Im starting to think Lossiemouth would be a better day out for me and my boy, as he'd be watching lads he'd see up the town and going to school with the players kids... Im losing the plot today to be honest but this is just how im starting to feel, ive said it before about our team sheet and the scotland flag on wiki.. now what have we got?

Couldn't agree more. I would much rather see a team of local lads that want to play for Inverness, rather than just seeing us a stepping stone. This was a line up from Hearts pre-season July '03.

1 Mark Brown

2 David Proctor

3 Stuart Golabek

4 Robert Mann

5 Stuart McCaffrey

6 Russell Duncan

7 Richard Hart

8 Steven Hislop (Anthony Kevin Low 78)

9 Paul Ritchie

10 Roy McBain

11 David Bingham

Grant John Munro

32 Christopher James Finnigan

33 Lewis Craig MacKinnon

34 Michael Alan Fraser

What a team!

Many of the guys from that team (most of which are local to us) have stayed/did stay for a number of years.

5 of that squad are still with us, include rossco too. 3 are too old to still be playing and 3 didnt make the cut I guess. Both keepers, Caff, Hart and Hissy moved elsewhere to better themselves or get a regular game, and none of them could really be blamed, as all of them served the club well for a number of years.

Contrast that to Saturdays game-

Esson, Tokely, Bulvitis, Munro, Golabek, Cox, Eagle (Rooney 76), Duncan, Foran, Sanchez (Imrie 71), Hayes.

Subs Not Used: Proctor, Stratford, Allison.

How many of our new signings really care about ICT, and how many would hang around if we were successful (or unsuccessful?!)?

Not one up and coming highlander amongst them

Please do not confuse this with racism, I have no particular problem with most of these lads being English, my problem is that most of them do not really seem to care, which makes the team a lot harder to support at time like these.

The only up and coming Highlander in the squad is OUT injured for the season. My wee brother is just as good a Hayes and was on Caleys books back in 2003 but they dropped him because he wanted to play for Celtic( i dont blame him as he is a Celtic fan through and through), He can play on either wing so he would add a lot to our failing left side. Are Caley interested, probably as he plays in Amateur league. Is he? No for the way ICT treated him and his mates. Caley have let a lot of good young talent go or they let County do the donkey work and pick them up for next to nothing eg Rankin, Cowie, Barrowman. They should be scouting the schools in and around Inverness NOW. I even played for County under 17's when i was 11. I was keeper and i only stopped it after i got a two footed challenge on me while i was down stopping a 1-on-1 shot. I never regained my form or confidence back and yet had that not happened i could be ICT's keeper.

your brother wouldnt be wanting to play for Our shirt but to be picked up and seen by the bigger boys... Sorry Im out lol!! but it is a fair point I know of a few lads shat on my us when they were just starting out on the Semi pro games... Thats our biggist problem, we have shat on to may young tallented lads.

One of the boys in the year above me in school, Tom Smith, plays for the under 17s just now. Hes almost 17 and will be too old to play soon. He is very VERY good and i think in a few years, if ICT stick by him, he could make it. Theres another boy whos 18 and just left my school. Hes never been scouted for a big team as they dont come as far as dornoch. He has just started playing for Invergordon 19's and he scored 2, set up 3 on his debut. He is amazingly good. He also plays for Dornoch and makes all the adults that play look like 8 year olds who canna kick a ball. Its players like this that ICT miss out on because they dont bother furthering their horizons. The only reason Tom plays is because a freind of his recomended him to the ICT youth set up a few years back.

ICT are creating their own downfall.