Time To Come Clean

RiG

With *this story* apparently suggesting that Proctor is set to move to Tannadice I couldn't help but pick up on this key paragraph;

Inverness director of football Graeme Bennett confirmed: "David is not in manager Charlie Christie's plans and we are now pretty close on a fee."

Now that's funny. I could have sworn that recently CC, GB and DS have all said that we won't sell anyone to the Arabs and also that the three players, one of whom was Proctor, that have been subject to bids from Yinited were all in CC first team plans.

Why bother making statements such as this only to sell the player a couple of days later?

The quote I remember more was....

"For avoidance of all doubt, and to make any future media leaks futile, we will not be doing transfer business with Dundee United in relation to players who are important to our manager's plans. End of story."

Obvioulsy Proctor isn't in our first team plans

Now that's funny. I could have sworn that recently CC, GB and DS have all said that we won't sell anyone to the Arabs and also that the three players, one of whom was Proctor, that have been subject to bids from Yinited were all in CC first team plans.

Why bother making statements such as this only to sell the player a couple of days later?

Its called mind games RIG

Fair enough but it doesn't really leave the fans anything to go on while, in this case, United and ICT try and out do each other.

Ooops - more in reply to JKs post there. Sorry Gaz!

".....we will not be doing transfer business with Dundee United in relation to players who are important to our manager's plans. End of story."

It would be very different if he had just said "we will not be doing transfer business with Dundee United. End of story."

I suspect Sutherland chose his words carefully.

So who wrote the summary of that statement, still on the homepage which states : The statement issued today makes it clear that Caley Thistle will not be selling ANY players to the Tannadice outfit.....

I did ... This was MY summary of the statement on this UNOFFICIAL website at the time of the statement's release. As the club did not send it out to me until a few hours after I began pestering them after reading it on numerous sites elsewhere, I did have to cobble together the initial report from a number of sources so the headline might not have been as correct as it could have been. I have now removed the sentence that seems to be causing all the confusion but if you read the actual words of DS as contained in the article, there is little room for confusion.

I would concede that the line "in relation to players who are important to our manager's plans" does allow a little wiggle room but still think Mr Sutherland would prefer not to do business with them. Maybe we wont see any action until he steps down in 2 weeks and Alan Savage takes over ?