Niculae Court Case

Soma

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that ICT have not paid what's due in the time frame dictated, and no appeal has been lodged with FIFA or the Court of Arbitration for Sport....what sanctions will we now face?

The whole transfer is declared null and void, and Niculae comes back to play for us?

If R_I continues to live up to his name, I would sincerely hope that the club know what they are doing here. Surely? Please?

As I understand it, FIFA ordered that the money should be paid within a certain timescale and their was no right of appeal to FIFA...meaning the only course of appeal was via the CAS.

Unless the club have asked for an extension to that date from FIFA....in light of the fact they want full details before considering their next move....then I don't think that could be used as an argument, and asking for it retrospectively (after the deadline has passed) would be more than a little naive given the possibility that they could face sanctions for failing to pay up.

But have ICT been notified by FIFA how they came to their decision in this case, thought we were waiting to see this before we decided to appeal?

The club statement did say the lawyers were going to "request" the reasons for the decision as FIFA dont actually publish the grounds of any decision from the DRC when they announce it. However, there is nothing to indicate whether this "request" would be looked on favourably or even considered.

Unless the club have some form of "magic bullet" that will vindicate them and make Marius and those of us who are skeptical about the whole thing look like fools, lets just put this to bed by paying the guy what he is due and draw a line under it, especially if we have let the deadline pass without either paying Marius or lodging an appeal. The longer it drags on, the more inept we look and the more it costs us both in terms of reputation and financially.

Please don't get mad when i say this but........

After reading a good number of these replies........

I can honestly say................

NICULAE! YOU ARE A SLAG! :D

Just my view though! :)

Lots of stories and differing views. Bottom line is that FIFA had all the facts (unlike us) and they ruled in Marius's favour, which I don't believe they would do lightly. If ICT have failed to abide by this ruling I think we could be in trouble.

If you left a job and were due a large sum of money, would you just walk away to save your previous employer a few quid? We are talking a significant amount of money and FIFA say he is entitled to it.

Given that ICT have not paid what's due in the time frame dictated, and no appeal has been lodged with FIFA or the Court of Arbitration for Sport....what sanctions will we now face?

We have to play our next home Champions League game behind closed doors .

:D :) :blah01: or in feckin Bucharest !! Lets all wear muppet costumes to the next home game armed with wads of Euros.