Exam Results

IMO Highers were way more difficult than degree finals, so good luck all those waiting for results! Well done ITN Jnr, looks like you got a good haul there  :003:

:015:

read this small print is it. When do you get yours back?

Still a few weeks to go but I know I am on course for just a simple MSc  :007:

IMO Highers were way more difficult than degree finals, so good luck all those waiting for results! Well done ITN Jnr, looks like you got a good haul there  :003:

:015: :015: :015:

:015: :015: :015:

Well they were!

Yeah maybe in the past I guess. Certainly I mind going through Secondary school and when you hit the SG you thought these are impossible! Then when you did Highers and Advanced Highers or CSYS you laughed at people saying S.G. were hard.

Then you go to Uni and you get some exams here that are ridiculously hard and again you look back and think how easy Highers etc. were.

Although I will admit that some courses you do in 1st year are laughable! I wish I could dig up a TS1001 paper - in fact I might have a look and see if I can!

EDIT: ****, can't find anything. TS1001 was called Tools for Science and designed for people who didn't have B's in one of the following subjects - Maths, Computing or Physics.

One of the computing questions asked which of the following peripherals is classed as an output device a) Keyboard b) Monitor c) Mouse d) Floppy Disc while one of the maths questions was "Multiply out the following 2(x+1)" which was just daft. Needless to say I got my best ever exam mark in this course!

He would just be confused by the stains JB  :015:

And RiG, my Highers weren't so long ago that I can't remember how hard they were! I reckon its because at school they make you do subjects you're not interested in but at Uni you've chosen your courses to suit what you're interested in. I got relatively lower marks for my highers than for my degree, and most of my finals revision consisted of sitting on the beach half heartedly reading through textbooks! I wouldn't do Highers again for anything but I would do another degree, they're so easy!  :001:

Haha never thought of it like that lol. Ned 4 Bs for my Uni course so 2 down 2 to go lol. Whats everyone taking next year? lol - im doing English, Home Ec, History and a crash higher in Modern Studies plus a HND in Gaelic formal writing lol (V.posh i know lol)

I wouldn't do Highers again for anything but I would do another degree, they're so easy!  :001:

Especially if you do some of the utterly useless ones that seem to be available just now.

Like Zoology?  :015:

No, I would probably choose meteorology for another first degree but after having watched "Journeys from the centre of the earth" and "Journeys into the ring of fire" I'm quite tempted to do a PhD in Plymouth with the lovely sexy and mad Dr Iain Stewart  :003: :003: :003:

Well done Caley D for passing your exam, did your fellow student pass as well? Will I ever be able to use public transport again?  :001: