ICT -V- Dunfermline : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're just not good enough, probably won't get relegated but I cant see anything other than a season of grinding rubbish. We've only played well in 1 game, away to Dundee. Every other match the football has been attrocious. We have nothing in central midfield, i'm struggling to think of anything positive either Stratford or Cox contributed today. We have NO idea how to create a chance and we have absolutley ZERO up front. Foran and Hayes would be good players if there was some quality around them, there isn't.

I cant remember the last time i've looked forward to going to a game!! Every time I'm at one it feels like i'm being punished for something!!

One last thing about the atmosphere....there isn't one because no-one ever has any cause to get excited!!

We're just not good enough, probably won't get relegated but I cant see anything other than a season of grinding rubbish. We've only played well in 1 game, away to Dundee. Every other match the football has been attrocious. We have nothing in central midfield, i'm struggling to think of anything positive either Stratford or Cox contributed today. We have NO idea how to create a chance and we have absolutley ZERO up front. Foran and Hayes would be good players if there was some quality around them, there isn't.

I cant remember the last time i've looked forward to going to a game!! Every time I'm at one it feels like i'm being punished for something!!

One last thing about the atmosphere....there isn't one because no-one ever has any cause to get excited!!

Its a pity our season tickets couldnt be changed for away games :thumb02:

I detect a distinct change in atmosphere, I can't wait to read the dressing down IHE gives you lot for your acceptance of our mediocrity as a team. I happen to agree with you guys, it's time to sit back, take stock of what ICT actually are and start enjoying your football again. IHE will need to push some buttons though because if the lethargy spreads then his agenda would fall months behind schedule and the muppets will never be out.

I'm starting to hate home games. The players look nervous and everyone is looking to pounce on the slightest mistake. At away games we seem to get behind the team despite their faults and they seem to respond. :thumb02: to the guy who made the racist comment about Stratford in section G (far worse in my book than the g word) and :thumb02: to the guys who challenged them. Thank goodness for Proctors goals this week or we could be even worse off.

I'm starting to hate home games. The players look nervous and everyone is looking to pounce on the slightest mistake. At away games we seem to get behind the team despite their faults and they seem to respond. :thumb02: to the guy who made the racist comment about Stratford in section G (far worse in my book than the g word) and :thumb02: to the guys who challenged them. Thank goodness for Proctors goals this week or we could be even worse off.

Care to elaberate?

Care to elaberate?

Lets just say it was about his nationality with expletives.

I detect a distinct change in atmosphere, I can't wait to read the dressing down IHE gives you lot for your acceptance of our mediocrity as a team. I happen to agree with you guys, it's time to sit back, take stock of what ICT actually are and start enjoying your football again. IHE will need to push some buttons though because if the lethargy spreads then his agenda would fall months behind schedule and the muppets will never be out.

But we are a mediocre team in a mediocre league - we are still capable of being there or thereabouts - we simply have to start attacking at home and taking chances. It is the muppets who have guided us to where we are and I agree - many will get lethargic and the mismanagement will be a thing of the past.

To enjoy football there has to be some entertainment and some passsion.

I never thought I'd have to resort to saying this about an ICT team but they can't pass, are too slow on the ball, panic in defence and can't create space or chances for our stand in strikers. Foran and Imrie are first and foremost midfielders. All in all p**h poor in my book, right through the team. Gotta change soon or we'll be confined to the 1st Div, or worse. Think I'd have more fun shopping with the wife than watching that again.

Edited by Row S

Where's the boy Ross ? why isnt he getting a chance anymore ?

Not even on the bench today..... One of the most promising young players I've ever seen at ICT...

He is a rare talent....A guy who can go at some pace with the ball at his feet, but yet always has it under control - he can take a full back on, and beat him on the inside, or the outside - skin him for pace, send in a decent cross, or get to the bye-line and cut the ball back.... this guy reminds me of some of the great old fashioned wingers from a bye-gone age... George Best, Willie Henderson, Jimmy Johnstone....Oh and what about Davie Cooper and Trevor Francis.... Surely TB can remember these two?

Maybe part of the problem is players like Nick Ross don't quite fit in with the coaching methods in today's ultra boring game, dominated by tactical gobbledygook, that is slowly, but surely choking the lifeblood out of this once great game.

Bored out of my skull for most of the game, and to be honest i would have preferred us to have lost, just for something to happen. The stage we are at now is the pre-sacking stage: first we are willing to accept any form of display, and then we will not complain too heavily whenwe play poorly, instead just drift away at the final whistle. The final stage is when we decide to take some action, chanting against the manager and urging the board to sack everyone. I hope that comes around quickly, it would be good to be able to look forward to a home game.

Today i thought we had the game in the bag 10 minutes into the 2nd half, then all of a sudden we started playing like the away team and sitting back. Then the wise terrence decided to take off our two best players (aside from esson) and replace them with rooney (before his time) and sanchez (just a joke at times, almost a luxury in the 1st). From then on we deserved to lose. Roll on the county away game.

We were really poor in the second half. Im not impressed. As Tokelyisvictorious said, i also thought we had the game in the bag, but it wasnt to be. Fuming. I think it shows Butcher isnt the right man for the job when he takes off one of the main guys that was giving it his all! Foran was trying to win everything and you could see it matterd to him. But alas, he got subed!

Not even on the bench today..... One of the most promising young players I've ever seen at ICT...

He is a rare talent....A guy who can go at some pace with the ball at his feet, but yet always has it under control - he can take a full back on, and beat him on the inside, or the outside - skin him for pace, send in a decent cross, or get to the bye-line and cut the ball back.... this guy reminds me of some of the great old fashioned wingers from a bye-gone age... George Best, Willie Henderson, Jimmy Johnstone....Oh and what about Davie Cooper and Trevor Francis.... Surely TB can remember these two?

Maybe part of the problem is players like Nick Ross don't quite fit in with the coaching methods in today's ultra boring game, dominated by tactical gobbledygook, that is slowly, but surely choking the lifeblood out of this once great game.

:D

:D

:lol: Jesus.

And poor tactics from the manager to sit back and defend our lead instead of going for the jugular and killing the game .

EH? feck knows what game you watched, because after the break was our best spell, we went for the jugular, we had Pars in all sorts of bother for 15-20 mins.

As per usual..we couldnt score when it mattered.

I thought Foran was injured and that's why he was hooked....otherwise why change it? We were 1 up FFS :lol:

If anything it was probably our best home performance of the season (though that's not saying much)! That said we should've won, a draw really isn't good enough. Nice to see Roy on the park again, reminded me of the old days when ICT were a great team! :(

And poor tactics from the manager to sit back and defend our lead instead of going for the jugular and killing the game .

EH? feck knows what game you watched, because after the break was our best spell, we went for the jugular, we had Pars in all sorts of bother for 15-20 mins.

As per usual..we couldnt score when it mattered.

He sisnt say anything about half time. Maybe he means when Foran was taken off? As if he does i agree.

I thought Foran was injured and that's why he was hooked....otherwise why change it? We were 1 up FFS :lol:

If anything it was probably our best home performance of the season (though that's not saying much)! That said we should've won, a draw really isn't good enough. Nice to see Roy on the park again, reminded me of the old days when ICT were a great team! :(

From his raction he didnt seem injured.

Its a pity our season tickets couldnt be changed for away games :lol:

By looking at the matchs we've already had it would be sh*t

I'm starting to hate home games. The players look nervous and everyone is looking to pounce on the slightest mistake. At away games we seem to get behind the team despite their faults and they seem to respond. :( to the guy who made the racist comment about Stratford in section G (far worse in my book than the g word) and :lol: to the guys who challenged them. Thank goodness for Proctors goals this week or we could be even worse off.

Care to elaberate?

Lets just say it was about his nationality with expletives.

i dont remember this. Then again i was listening to Open All Mics aswell though

I said at the start of the week id be happy with(or we must get atleast)4 out of 6( a draw against Raith and a win at home). Alas it was the other way around so in my books Butcher has bought himself until January to get these players playing properly. Its beginning to show today and i feel that Foran being subbed off was probably the worst mistake i have ever seen in a manager. And again im really angry at Rooney for not putting that 1on1 shot away. All he had to do was lift that over fleming(or donkey as is his new nickname today?) and bang, 2-1 up with minutes to go.

there could be lots of reasons ross isnt in the squad, probably the main ones being a lack of effort in training, or protecting him from baying fans who are constantly moaning whenever a player (human) makes a mistake. Only terry knows.

re the subs, rooney and sanchez turned the game in midweek and deserved a chance again today. they could have turned it today. hindsight eh!

lets get real, relegated teams never get promoted 1st season down from this division. we need to use this season to gain experience and rebuild a squad that can challenge next season or the season after.

there could be lots of reasons ross isnt in the squad, probably the main ones being a lack of effort in training, or protecting him from baying fans who are constantly moaning whenever a player (human) makes a mistake. Only terry knows.

re the subs, rooney and sanchez turned the game in midweek and deserved a chance again today. they could have turned it today. hindsight eh!

lets get real, relegated teams never get promoted 1st season down from this division. we need to use this season to gain experience and rebuild a squad that can challenge next season or the season after.

Why use promotion to sell season tickets then?

It has happened and will again, probably not this year though.

We had a squad but threw it away.

pretty poor again today imo

Foran played well again but surprisingly this was a game where he seldomly won a ball in the air

Imrie put in a shift so hopefully as he gets match fit things will improve

Still think midfield is lightweight

Esson again played well too

Not sure of best midfield combo and think Terry also struggling

Defence is shalky, maybe a lack of confidence, but would think that with those in management that would be one of our stonger areas which it has in the past

pretty poor again today imo

Foran played well again but surprisingly this was a game where he seldomly won a ball in the air

Imrie put in a shift so hopefully as he gets match fit things will improve

Still think midfield is lightweight

Esson again played well too

Not sure of best midfield combo and think Terry also struggling

Defence is shalky, maybe a lack of confidence, but would think that with those in management that would be one of our stonger areas which it has in the past

Midfield is completely ineffective these days and that is a major problem - almost nothing created for the strikers and no assistance for the defenders. Cox and Stratford contribute a bit of running about with no end product, and Proctor in midfield is just a stop gap at best. Meanwhile we have Roy Mcbain, with 5 years SPL experience, getting his first few minutes of the season today as sub - something wrong there?

Johnboy

If you want flair and players like Jimmy Johnstone and Georgie Best in the modern game I am afraid you are going to wait a long time. Tactics, and what you rightly said are the killers of the entertaining game, are the reason.

It's all about one "striker" up front instead of five forwards. It's all about 4-2-4's and 2 for 1's and on and on about boxes and permutations of players and personally speaking I don't see what positive difference has been accomplished when you compare the modern game with the "old" much more fluid and flowing game.

I once saw East Fife versus Stehousemuir many, many years ago in a lower division and remember it as a very exciting game. All five forwards were charging down the field in a line across the park with the ball flowing from one to the other , as in a rugby game. The final shot nearly cracked the cross bar in two. It was beautiful , skillful, flowing football and a joy to watch.

Guys like Georgie Best would probably be slaughtered by incompetent full-backs these days where falling-around and cheating and crying the blues to the referee at every tackle is so prevalent in the modern game.Some players have developed feigning injury and executing various pained expressions on their faces after a tackle to an art form these days.But watching the likes of George Best or Lionel Messi is worth the price of admission alone.

So if you want entertainment then T.B. will have to bring back Lionel and put him in the middle of the park and just "Tel" him to be......Lionel.

And if Ross is anything as good a player as you say he is then he should be in the team because football should be about entertaining the paying customer who go there once per week to forget about the boredom and sorrows of their daily lives.Otherwise , sigh, I am afraid that................... THEY WILL STOP COMING.