ICT -V- Dunfermline : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do i think of that game? I though it was a pretty poor game and the only positive i can take out of this is that we didnt lose again. It was just two terrible teams trying to play football. I thought foran was so quiet in the first half but he was really good in the second half and why he was subbed for rooney i will never no. Rooney runs like he is running on glue.

I thought stratford was poor. Tokely looked so unfit. And im sorry if no one agrees with me but hayes was really poor. Everytime golly had the ball and he needed to play it up the line hayes was standing behind him. But the one good run he has at someone and he gets clattered. I hope he is ok for next week.

I thought mcbain was great when he came on. A real breath of fresh air.

MoM- has got to go to foran for what he did in his time on the field.

Not a good performance and we can just forget about going up this season.

Yeah, I noticed that Golly was looking for a passing opportunity, and searching for Hayes, only to find him behind him! Golly was frequently flummoxed as to who to pass to, which must be a shocker for the old chap considering the amount of qualiy strikers/off the ball runners we had before. No-one moves!

Get the armband of Grant and give it to Golly. Grant plays well enough *ducks* but as someone says, seems to be stretched covering for Bully and is not a natural leader. Golly is what we have been looking for since Hastings and Lionel fell away.

McBain, another old schooler, with his cross field runs foxed the Pars when he came on. Great to have as a supersub, or even first choice.

Proctor too, seems to have won some approval for playing further forward, however Roscos soft booking suggests that a shaky spell at RB may not be too far off again.

I have sat through worse games, although some of the football was dire. Not, mind you, as dire as the officials (Imrie's booking, why?) Proctor shone, Cox was good Imrie getting there, Foran good again (why the substitution? He certainly wasnae chuffed with it) and Esson saved the jerseys again. Narius solid, but these are about it. Did any one notice how many headers Granty won against Bayne - it was none. Terry needed to swop that one round at HT, put the taller guy in against him but didn't. What was wrong with Roscoe? He looked a shadow of the player he was last season. He looks utterly unhappy. Please remove Sandford from the vicinity, he contributes nothing (apart from yet another opportunity for our "fans" to bitch at each other in public) Oh, and while you're at it get rid of Rooney. He's slow, one dimensional, his decision making and game sense are poor and his finishing was woeful. It could have so different had Proctor's late shot not hit the bar, but that's life. There's no team in this league that's streets better than us, so if we start picking up points it could get markedly better very quickly. Or.........

Why use promotion to sell season tickets then?

We sell more season tickets - club gets more money - TB (or whoever the manager might be) gets more cash to spend - promotion chances (in theory) boosted.

I would also question Imrie's booking. The ball was in play. Imrie was trying to keep it in. I would also question the decision to have the final corner taken from the west side when the ball had gone over towards the east side. Was that because the ref could see the position of the sun at that time.

More than all that I question why we are playing with one up front at home and why did Foran get pulled when he was clearly making a difference.

I would also question Imrie's booking. The ball was in play. Imrie was trying to keep it in. I would also question the decision to have the final corner taken from the west side when the ball had gone over towards the east side. Was that because the ref could see the position of the sun at that time.

More than all that I question why we are playing with one up front at home and why did Foran get pulled when he was clearly making a difference.

Alex : Surely a corner has to be taken from the side that the ball went out?

The referee was a complete balloon.... the ball was already out of play, when Rooney reached it. I thought he was trying to kick it off the perimeter wall but he missed, and so it was deemed to be kicking the ball away.

Tokely also got booked for nothing more than going for a 50:50 ball. I thought he won it fair and square.

Photos up Caleyjags.com.

Why were we playing in red shorts? Did we sell our normal shorts to pay off Niculae?

I think we were wearing them because they probably thought that blue shorts and socks looked the same as black shorts and socks. So they had to change incase the players got confused. I dont no this for sure but i assume this is why.

Get the armband of Grant and give it to Golly.

Good shout get some organisation at the back with a vocal veteran.

Why use promotion to sell season tickets then?

We sell more season tickets - club gets more money - TB (or whoever the manager might be) gets more cash to spend - promotion chances (in theory) boosted.

Are you're saying the club deliberately misled the fans into believing we had a serious challenge organised when they were changing the team around from an SPL outfit into a substandard outfit?

Record sales of season tickets = dogpoo on the field.

Are you're saying the club deliberately misled the fans into believing we had a serious challenge organised when they were changing the team around from an SPL outfit into a substandard outfit?

I know you seem to be "Anti everything ICT" at the minute but that is bizarre even by your standards. Obviously the club can't get back into the SPL without funds and the help of supporters hence the heavy advertising campaign to get people to buy season tickets to back ICT in their quest to do this.

I know you seem to be "Anti everything ICT" at the minute but that is bizarre even by your standards. Obviously the club can't get back into the SPL without funds and the help of supporters hence the heavy advertising campaign to get people to buy season tickets to back ICT in their quest to do this.

I am Pro ICT and pro fans too, RIG. The heavy advertising gave us, the fans unrealistic expectations from the start which has backfired on the ground so the club are to blame for any dissent from the crowd, not the fans to blame for poor results. It's a vicious circle and one which urgently needs an intervention. But who, what, where, how and when?

The heavy advertising gave us, the fans unrealistic expectations from the start which has backfired on the ground so the club are to blame for any dissent from the crowd, not the fans to blame for poor results.

I'm sorry, are you suggesting that instead of being positive about possibly getting promoted the club should have said something along the lines of "Come follow us as we aim for an admirable mid table finish in our first season back in SFL 1"? I bet that would get the fans rushing to renew. How you can blame the board for trying to be positive about our chances of bouncing back into the SPL in an effort to drum up season ticket sales is beyond me. No club in their right mind is going to downplay their chances of getting promotion in such a situation as ours found themselves in.

The heavy advertising gave us, the fans unrealistic expectations from the start which has backfired on the ground so the club are to blame for any dissent from the crowd, not the fans to blame for poor results.

I'm sorry, are you suggesting that instead of being positive about possibly getting promoted the club should have said something along the lines of "Come follow us as we aim for an admirable mid table finish in our first season back in SFL 1"? I bet that would get the fans rushing to renew. How you can blame the board for trying to be positive about our chances of bouncing back into the SPL in an effort to drum up season ticket sales is beyond me. No club in their right mind is going to downplay their chances of getting promotion in such a situation as ours found themselves in.

:lol:

No. It's pretty self explanatory.

Bored out of my skull for most of the game, and to be honest i would have preferred us to have lost, just for something to happen.

Well at least we have one honest 'fan' who has come out from behind the booing at the park and the negativity on here and expresses the depth of his wish in terms we can all understand, re our teams results at home.

I just find it sad that the manager cannot play the likes of Ross at home for fear of the 'fans' undermining his confidence as they have done in the past to others, due to an agenda that is not of the players making.

name='tokelyisvictorious' date='Oct 17 2009, 06:47 PM' post='220350']

Bored out of my skull for most of the game, and to be honest i would have preferred us to have lost, just for something to happen.

'Well at least we have one honest 'fan' who has come out from behind the booing at the park and the negativity on here and expresses the depth of his wish in terms we can all understand, re our teams results at home.

I just find it sad that the manager cannot play the likes of Ross at home for fear of the 'fans' undermining his confidence as they have done in the past to others, due to an agenda that is not of the players making.'

Yeah, but he probably beats himself with birch branches on thursday evenings just to keep his mind wanderings in check.

Cant really fathom how you would want yer team to lose, i didnt, even in Brews dark days.

Interesting to see the highlights from the other side of the pitch for once. Haven't seen the highlights from that angle since ICT's first season in Division One the first time round IIRC. By the way, why was the game being filmed on the other side as well? Who is that for and if/where can we see it? I've noticed a few games being filmed from over there this season, but never seem to come up online (the Ayr game being an example).