Game/Goal highlights

Council Juice

Looking at the Butcher thread, there was a guy from Ayr posting and offering a link to his fantastic videos of Ayr games. I feel for him. Not only does he have to watch Ayr games he also has to watch it over in his edit. :lol:

Anyhoo, got me thinking. Is there no way, we, as a club (or fanbase) could do something similar with our games? As there is no real coverage of the games in the 1st is there any rights to screen? Do we own coverage rights in our stadium. Does anyone know anything about it? I did hear BBC Alba were negotiating to screen live SFL games. (alas i dont recieve this almighty channel to the best of my knowledge.) but would it be possible and cost effective to do some sort of web video page. Is it worth including in the Boardroom banter?

Perhaps involve the local college if they have a film course. Extra curricular work experience for budding Tv/film makers. This would be both cheap and get us involved with the community. They get into a game for hee haw (and a free pie and fizzy pop) and some worthwhile experience. We get a internet available game package and cheap labour.

It must be possible otherwise Ayr wouldnt be doing it.

It's definitely possible and I have approached the club about it a few times but always seem to run into a brick wall when it comes to getting someone to make a decision about whether we can crack on and get it up and running.

Perhaps involve the local college if they have a film course. Extra curricular work experience for budding Tv/film makers. This would be both cheap and get us involved with the community. They get into a game for hee haw (and a free pie and fizzy pop) and some worthwhile experience. We get a internet available game package and cheap labour.

Brilliant idea!

Several clubs now run their own in house tv highlights,I'm sure Dunfermline use the media dept from Fife college to run theirs.Our own is run by several volunteers,who do a great job with limited resources and supporters join Club Dundee for ?10 a month which gives quite several other benifits such as on line match day program,priorty tickets for games,discounts, etc.I think there are limitations on how much highlights can be shown, but definately do-able and a great boon to exiles.

I'm sure with the expertise of the likes of CaleyD and some volunteers ICT could crack a project such as this nae problem.

It's definitely possible and I have approached the club about it a few times but always seem to run into a SMITH wall when it comes to getting someone to make a decision about whether we can crack on and get it up and running.

Seems feckin poor that a club like ICT cant even get a video of home games sorted out - boardroom banter question perhaps?

The thing is most fans would probably be willing to pay a small subscription fee (as with Club Dundee, Ayr World) if the highlights were done to a decent standard. It would give us a professional shimmer to club promotion, could be entirely supporter run and would probably pay for itself.

I know colleges are always screaming out for opportunities such as this for their students (I know this as fact having studied Televison Operations myself) as it would be a great thing to have on a cv for a prospective camera operator/editor. Add to the fact colleges have access to the better editing suites than are generally affordable

p.s Whilst I have mentioned I am experienced in such activities and know my way around a camera etc my location and general bone idle nature would probably have to see me opt out of any pro activness on this front - Im more of an ideas man. A muse so to speak.

I would however be available for any imput if it was ever required should we ever get this moving.

I think putting it top of the banter would be an idea. There is very little that we can do via the banter in terms of actually doing something. If the club were willing to get any licences sorted required for it, Im sure letting a volunteer group film games would be of benifit to them in terms of promoting the brand etc.

Im more of an ideas man. A muse so to speak.

I would however be available for any imput if it was ever required should we ever get this moving.

:lol: :024: :lol:

What, i give you guys the inspiration. Now off you go and do something about it :D

The thing is most fans would probably be willing to pay a small subscription fee (as with Club Dundee, Ayr World) if the highlights were done to a decent standard. It would give us a professional shimmer to club promotion, could be entirely supporter run and would probably pay for itself.

I think putting it top of the banter would be an idea. There is very little that we can do via the banter in terms of actually doing something. If the club were willing to get any licences sorted required for it, Im sure letting a volunteer group film games would be of benifit to them in terms of promoting the brand etc.

Captain - I am so with you on this that it is unreal. I have been touting this idea (along with club-centric commentary) for close on 6 years. As CaleyD has mentioned, we have also brought the idea up on several occasions more recently and it appears to be falling on deaf ears.

I am not sure of any official reason why its not given any credence but my gut feeling is that it is all to do with money, a lack of technical knowledge on the part of the decision makers, and a reluctance to allow those with the knowledge and skills (not just me and/or CaleyD but several other fans who have offered expertise in this area) to contribute/participate.

The money part I can understand completely. As we know, relegation caused a lot of issues with cashflow, and the Niculae debacle hasnt helped one iota either so the club are not in any position to be shelling out cash for a venture that might not turn a profit.

HOWEVER, as I see it, the club are not being asked to do that. Myself and CaleyD have already offered to create (and host) a site separate to CTO or ICTFC.co.uk for free that is ostensibly a "joint venture" where the club requirement is to supply the necessary licenses or copyright permissions and our part is to supply the site and the technical expertise to make it happen. Advertising revenue should be able to pay for ongoing costs (and if succesful to eventually upgrade equipment - video software or cameras etc) and in the end it would be self-financing. If there was to be a small monthly charge, myself and Donald have already said we want no part of that income other than anything that would cover any costs incurred so it seems like a no risk venture to me. As far as I am concerned, Hibs Interactive is the model that ticks all the boxes. It is a fan/club partnership that started small on an independent website and is now very slick. There is no reason to suppose ICT could not do that.

One thing I would like to point out however, is that as hard as it is to get some at ICT to climb on board with new ideas, its not a totally impervious brick wall .... we started doing the twitter thing and that seems to be going down well with some folk behind the scenes. I was a sceptic about twitter myself prior to using it for CTO but I think online match updates (or weekday commercial announcements) is a perfect use for this technology. Once the club get comfortable with that, then perhaps they will be ready to take it up a notch.

Banter has been dead for a few months (since the end of the season). That is mostly my fault as I have had too much on my plate and havent chased up the club over emails I sent to them that were not responded to. I will send an email to Kenny this week and see if it is dead in their eyes or whether we can crank it up again ..... if we can, you can be sure this will be high on the list of questions asked.

It's disappointing ICT don't seem to want to embrace the idea of web highlights, for what ever reason. Even more frustrating as people have offered their time and expertise.

The idea of involving the media course at Inverness college seems to be a very good one, beneficial to both parties.

As I have said on a previous thread I feel the SFL need to examine the use of the web to increase exposure of their product.

Tv companies are not going to show the SFL, the budgets are not there. But with co-operation from the member clubs a web based goals round-up is a possibility. It could be produced at a fraction of tv costs and could add a valuable revenue stream.

It's disappointing ICT don't seem to want to embrace the idea of web highlights, for what ever reason. Even more frustrating as people have offered their time and expertise.

The idea of involving the media course at Inverness college seems to be a very good one, beneficial to both parties.

As I have said on a previous thread I feel the SFL need to examine the use of the web to increase exposure of their product.

Tv companies are not going to show the SFL, the budgets are not there. But with co-operation from the member clubs a web based goals round-up is a possibility. It could be produced at a fraction of tv costs and could add a valuable revenue stream.

It reminds me of a few years ago sitting in a bus leaving Broadwood stadium, we had just beaten Clyde in the penultimate game of the season the ICT fans had matched the home fans in number, a great turnout and the opportunity to win the 1st division cup was back in our hands the whole bus was buzzing with excitement, with thoughts of making it to the SPL if they beat St Johnstone the following week.

Listening to every word on the radio with baited breath for mention of our club, the radio presenter managed to speak to Mr Bennett and my heart immediately began to sink when he more or less said there and then that he wasn't sure if ICT would be going in to the SPL and would have to look in to it, instead of being ecstatic about the thought of promotion.

Thankfully the board took the bull by the horns and steamrolled on in to the SPL where we have enjoyed 5 happy years,who knows what predicament the club would in if it didn't.

Its time for the board to take the bull by the horns again and put this TV plan in to fruition, the SPL was an unknown entity and you rose to the challenge its now time to step in to the unknown again and be the creators of Ict TV.

Only positive things can come from this.

Truthfully it's all about money--i.e the lack of it at the club. There is no desire to fritter it away on fruitless ventures like this which do not produce a profit. (their view, not mine).

As a community based club, the question of doing it for the community of fans, wherever they may be , should be a concern for this club as well .

Should they be willing to at least try, it would go a long way to erasing the sometimes very negative and somewhat jaundiced view of the Management held by several well-meaning fans whom one can only assume are not considered important enough by the said Management to even bother responding to their emails. Scotty has said in the past that he has not received the courtesy of a reply from officials of the club on different issues and that is also my persoanl experience too, so I am left scratching my head wondering what the good and loyal fan has to do to initiate a genuine communication to explore such matters. Dead ends rarely contribute positivity to anything.

My view is that their attitude is extremely short-sighted and negative and should be consigened to the dustbin forthwith. Goodwill is important in any business and if you never ask the customer what they think of your service

because you are too complacent enough to want to hear their answer, or are equally afraid to face up to the suggestions and constructive criticisms, then you are missing ouit on a opportunity to leearn from your mistakes and imrove your service to the paying client.

If I am not mistaken, this question was raised in a past issue of Boardroom Banter and the answer was short and sweet- "we do not have the available funds to consider this as a viable option at this time. Period."

All it needs is for these executives to say, "well, if you want to arange something that will find favour with the fans and it will be at minimal expense to us, ICT, then we would be willing to give it our review and possible sanction" and the odds are that this could be got off the ground. There seems to be a groundswell of opinion on here from not only overseas fans but from all parts hat this would be a very welcome and positive step.

Hope springs eternal in the human breast

And folks who don't answer your communications are not getting in my nest. SIGH! :023:

Teams that offer Match Highlights on the internet:

Ayr United (SFL1)

Clyde (SFL2)

Dundee (SFL1)

Dunfermline (SFL1)

Livingston (SFL3)

Morton (SFL1)

Partick Thistle (SFL1)

Peterhead (SFL2)

Queens Park (SFL3)

Raith Rovers (SFL1)

Stranraer (SFL3)

Stirling Albion (SFL2)

The official web-site saga of a few years ago and the recent lack of quality in checking links and items on the official web-site (especially the on-line shop) are just examples that show to me that this is just another techno advancement that will not happen at ICT until someone does it for them. Other clubs are maybe just a little bit more forward thinking and have more of that go do attitude.

As SP has just reiterated as well as previous discussions on other threads it is clear that our club is no longer perceived as a community club and I wonder if those running it really want it to be or is it that personal advancement and gratification seem to be more important than developing an organisation that sees itself as a community leader.

I see in today's Courier Jim Eglington at HCVF is launching InvernessTV.net in January.Surely this a too good an opperchancity for the club to miss and with an obvious choice of in house presenter in the shape of CaleyD,negotiations need to be instigated forthwith,no?

I see in today's Courier Jim Eglington at HCVF is launching InvernessTV.net in January.Surely this a too good an opperchancity for the club to miss and with an obvious choice of in house presenter in the shape of CaleyD,negotiations need to be instigated forthwith,no?

Under a clubs right to put highlights online (without paying a fee), they are only allowed to do so on their own official website. If anyone else wishes to do it then they have to become a "media partner" and pay a license fee. I don't know what that fee is, but knowing what they (the SFA) charge for the rights to a single game, I can't imagine it being financially viable for a small outfit.

I've been working most of the day so not had a chance to see what Jim is saying in the paper, but I would hope/expect that we'll see some kind of programming involving ICT.....maybe we could do what I've seen done for the NFL where a channel doesn't have the rights to show live footage of a game.....they set up a camera on the commentators who are watching and reporting on the game. It can be quite entertaining if you can get commentators who lean towards opposing teams, especially if they are animated people.

Under a clubs right to put highlights online (without paying a fee), they are only allowed to do so on their own official website. If anyone else wishes to do it then they have to become a "media partner" and pay a license fee. I don't know what that fee is, but knowing what they (the SFA) charge for the rights to a single game, I can't imagine it being financially viable for a small outfit.

I've been working most of the day so not had a chance to see what Jim is saying in the paper, but I would hope/expect that we'll see some kind of programming involving ICT.....maybe we could do what I've seen done for the NFL where a channel doesn't have the rights to show live footage of a game.....they set up a camera on the commentators who are watching and reporting on the game. It can be quite entertaining if you can get commentators who lean towards opposing teams, especially if they are animated people.

Did Scotty mention in the past that he was in touch with other Web masters if that is the correct terminology? at different clubs.If so were any figures actually mentioned regarding costs.If clubs can provide some form of media coverage from division 1,2 and even 3 then surely it must be viable.