Ross County -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Just spoken to my old man upon his return from the game. He said Tokely, Munro & Bulvitis were appalling and that Proctor & Imrie hardly kicked the ball. Anyway at the game like to comment?

I cannot for the life of me understand TB's thinking, ICT were beaten once already, by the County, so he must have known how they played, hasn't he also got people watching them, there formations etc: and lets face it Derek Adams isn't well known as a manager but he seems to be doing the business at County.

So my question is why isn't the vastly applauded TB not doing the same at ICT??? , bet Derek Adams wages, do not come NEAR TB's

But Butcher is a well known manager, well known for been appalling at just about every club he has managed.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Defence was once again very suspect today, and both goals were preventable. Having said that, second half was much better and we would have been worth a draw if we could have taken one of the fairly easy chances that we created. Overall I thought we actually played quite well at times today, but until we get more solid at the back we are going to lose more than we win.

I cannot for the life of me understand TB's thinking, ICT were beaten once already, by the County, so he must have known how they played, hasn't he also got people watching them, there formations etc: and lets face it Derek Adams isn't well known as a manager but he seems to be doing the business at County.

The same team that started today had scored 9 goals in two games. If Butcher had changed anything he would've been lambasted for it.

Bottom line is we just weren't good enough. County scored two quick fire goals and our defence was static at both and we never recovered. County got men behind the ball, retained possession well and we found it hard to break them down. We got a goal back to make it 2 - 1, which was probably a fair reflection on the game, but aside from one other other chance in the second half I can't think of any other time we really tested their back line. We just weren't as up for it or as clinical as they were today. A sad repetition of the 3 - 1 game in Inverness.

I think some of the comments on this thread are a little harsh. IMHO the best team lost today. We created enough chances to win this game comfortably but just couldn't take them. 4-0 to us would have been a fairer reflection of the balance of chances created than 2-1 to them. County didn't outplay us at all, anyone who says they did is talking tosh.

There's no reason for the heads to go down. The result was dissapoiting but the performance of the vast majority of the team was fairly good. Golly, Rooney and Hayes especially.

Let the gyppos savour their jammy victory, we have the measure of them now and it's only a matter of time before we overtake them in the league. Bring on Airdrie!

OK lets start of positive. Barrowman was not on the bench. Well that seems to have just about covered it.

Bulvitus had the worst game ever. In fairness though Tokely and Munro were only marginally better. Imrie hardly got on the ball and when he did he was ineffective as his pace was nullified by the county full-back. Sanchez just never got going. As for Duncan what was he even complaining for about his yellow card. Fair enough he had a point the ref was poor but he had been having a go all game and it was only a matter of time before he was booked.The ref should have booked at least another 4 of their players.

In summary a really poor performance from the team a few if any really looked interested and did not seem to care.

I think some of the comments on this thread are a little harsh. IMHO the best team lost today. We created enough chances to win this game comfortably but just couldn't take them. 4-0 to us would have been a fairer reflection of the balance of chances created than 2-1 to them. County didn't outplay us at all, anyone who says they did is talking tosh.

Perhaps it could be argued that County outplayed us but to be honest saying the best team lost is talking tosh, who played well for us today??

I really hope this post is laden with sarcasm but in case it isn't I have to ask what chances were these? County didn't have many either to be fair but saying 4 - 0 would be a fair reflection is ludicrous if you seriously mean it.

I really hope this post is laden with sarcasm but in case it isn't I have to ask what chances were these? County didn't have many either to be fair but saying 4 - 0 would be a fair reflection is ludicrous if you seriously mean it.

feckin right were you actually at the game?

Well just back in from the freezing Dingwall and i have to say County werent that great but we were absolutely shocking. The back 4 were carved open everytime county went forward, Proctor was no-where to be seen all game and Imrie, i can just about understand as to why his pace was so ineffective, That county pitch was longer than my lawn! County deserved their 1st goal and the 2nd was from no-one picking up Gardyne(free header past Esson).

Now this is where i am going to vent some fury and not at the team or the manager but a small minority of OUR fans. Who the hell was throwing bottles, coins and shoes at McGovern in the 2nd half? What an absolute disgrace after such a brilliant showing from our support in the 1st. Couldnt really enjoy the 2nd half at all, even when we scored and i would not be surprised if the club wasnt fined for it. B)

Yes. What chances did we have to establish a 4 goal lead?

odihambo had a brilliant chance if he took a touch. Rooney came close another time but i have no idea about any other chances

As always excuses, grass was too long, wrong choice of team, Blah blah!!!

Face facts they hit you hard, fast, and you had no answer..

See my earlier post

I support ICT but think two wins against mediocre opposition do not a swallow make, if you get my drift, today bears witness. and don't slag Bulvitis ha ain't got much help at the back.....Last week he scored , now he is *rse, from what I heard 3/4 of the team could wear that badge!!!

ICT were beaten once already, by the County, so he must have known how they played, hasn't he also got people watching them

probably not,apart from himself and malpas,who else would watch them? god even john doc couldnt go to the county game due to his hrs being cut

Yes. What chances did we have to establish a 4 goal lead?

odihambo had a brilliant chance if he took a touch. Rooney came close another time but i have no idea about any other chances

As always excuses, grass was too long, wrong choice of team, Blah blah!!!

Face facts they hit you hard, fast, and you had no answer..

See my earlier post

I support ICT but think two wins against mediocre opposition do not a swallow make, if you get my drift, today bears witness. and don't slag Bulvitis ha ain't got much help at the back.....Last week he scored , now he is *rse, from what I heard 3/4 of the team could wear that badge!!!

Did you see the pitch today?

Bulvitus was back to his usual self today, fish out of water. he was awful and thats putting it kindly. Munro was not any better, he cost us the 2nd goal. Esson played well but was rarely tested and sorry but i didt see much of any player today. Even foran was unusually quiet.

Totally outplayed by County, Bulvitis is shocking. Imrie is a joke!! Such a ball greedy pr!ck!! He's so full of himself and thinks he can take on every player when infact he can't pass, dribble, go past a player or shoot well! Get him dropped!!!

didnt see much of imrie and when i did see him he was losing the ball. his free kick was terrible and the free kick in the 2nd half. WTF was that all about?

ICT were beaten once already, by the County, so he must have known how they played, hasn't he also got people watching them

probably not,apart from himself and malpas,who else would watch them? god even john doc couldnt go to the county game due to his hrs being cut

John Doc was sitting just along from Robbo at the back of the stand at our end looking very fed up. Well where do I start - what a crappy day.I hated sitting in that stand. Where we were we were in front of some sponsors area. They kept rabbiting on about County all through the game trying to wind all of us up. No stewarding to speak of just a passage between us.Then the game up till they scored we yet again hadnt turned up. Goal 2 would never have happened if Bullvitis had cleared the ball before the free kick. 1st half ICT dire. 2nd half better with Hayes but we were never going to win nor did we deserve to. Who were the idiots throwing things behind the goal? Then the horrible walk of shame over the bridge back to town - not pleasant. Then 30 mins to get out of the town car park - traffic wardens/police no sign. Having a large glass of white to drown my sorrows. Oh well back agin next week.

Totally outplayed by County, Bulvitis is shocking. Imrie is a joke!! Such a ball greedy pr!ck!! He's so full of himself and thinks he can take on every player when infact he can't pass, dribble, go past a player or shoot well! Get him dropped!!!

Cant really blame one player the whole team were shocking today

Sorry to say this but County were far the better side. Sharper, faster, clinical and with a point to prove. They remind me of the team we once were.

Above all County showed that they wanted it more. I can't remember one 50-50 coming our way. The midfield let the game pass them by, and the defence looked like bystanders for the entire match. For County's first goal we had at least 3 men standing still, and watching the ball go into the net.

Maybe next time, Butcher could tell Roscoe et all to SHUT UP BEFORE THE NEXT DERBY AND DO YOUR TALKING ON THE PITCH.

How some people can say we deserved to win is ridiculous. Fair enough we made a few chances towards the end but they were bound to come as county seemed to sit in for most of the second half and we had to push for the equaliser. County had a few chances in the second half as well. The game is about scoring not creating chances. Our defending was absolutely woeful. There was very little movement from the midfield forward. We didn't create any space for ourselves and were therefore crowded out most of the first half. County were by far the better team. We need a player capable of controlling the game from the middle of the park(and one that wont get brushed off the ball so easily like Sanchez). And Butcher has to take the blame along with the players. His tactics didn't work and he didn't have a plan B well apart from the continuous long balls. I'm sorry a couple of good wins against very poor opposition doesn't mean the team has improved that much. When we come up against better opposition, like today, we just aren't good enough. And Butcher must take the blame for that. His players his tactics. Just not good enough from anyone. At least he was showing some anger at the end, kicking and breaking a sign on one of the gates beside the dugout.