Butcher must Go!

Guest Mahonio

I want Butcher to go but not just as a reaction to this game. Yeah this is part of it but just look at our whole season it has been very poor considering where the board and management were saying they wanted to be at the start of the season. Letting so many players go last season then signing some absolutely terrible players who are now nowhere to be seen. He just isn't good enough. If things aren't going well he just looks to Foran to win a few headers. I understand that we have no right to win this league or even to beat anyone in it but while playing here I would at least like to be entertained and on the whole Butcher is failing in every aspect. A couple of good results against very poor teams seems to have pulled the wool over people's eyes. Against decent opposition Butcher doesn't seem to have much of a clue.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butcher will not leave. This is his last chance in management.

Robbo will never manage ICT again while certain board members are alive.

The board will not sack Butcher, to either save face or money. If anything more money will be ploughed into the team come January.

County are simply a good team. They aren't better than us, but know exactly how to play against us.

But thats the question. How do they know how to play us? Before this season they hadnt played us in a competitive match in over 5 years so how have they got to know our play?

Why should we sack him just becuase of one game? We were playing against a stronger team away from home. When you play against better teams more often than not you will get beaten

But its probably because we have the best away record in high level UK football that we should have atleast come away with a draw. but unless butcher sorts out that back four, we are in for more disappointments throughout this season

Why should we sack him just becuase of one game? We were playing against a stronger team away from home. When you play against better teams more often than not you will get beaten

But its probably because we have the best away record in high level UK football that we should have atleast come away with a draw. but unless butcher sorts out that back four, we are in for more disappointments throughout this season

Just becuase we had a good record doesnt mean we deserve to get anything out of the game. We got what we deserved today. Bulvitis will hopefully be gone in January so we will need a replacement for him probably as well as another centre back as cover. A left back to replace Golly when he is past it or maybe use Shinnie

If we can get our defence sorted I dont see why we cant at least give a bit of a challenge to the top of the table

I heard that Butcher may be going soon any way :33:

Source?

To Wales next week!

and yet he'll still be with us after hes back from wales :blink:

Ain't he going 2 Plymouth?

My source can't be revealed :P

Theres no reports on him going to Plymouth yet.

Why not? Did you make it up?

I heard that Butcher may be going soon any way :P

Source?

To Wales next week!

and yet he'll still be with us after hes back from wales :blink:

Ain't he going 2 Plymouth?

My source can't be revealed :P

Theres no reports on him going to Plymouth yet.

Why not? Did you make it up?

Cause Im just no!!

and no i didnt make it up :33:

The board will not sack Butcher, to either save face or money. If anything more money will be ploughed into the team come January.

County are simply a good team. They aren't better than us, but know exactly how to play against us.

But thats the question. How do they know how to play us? Before this season they hadnt played us in a competitive match in over 5 years so how have they got to know our play?

Good management and training. Adams seems to get his players motivated for the big games, whereas Butcher seems to have some trouble doing this from time to time.

County perhaps haven't changed their tactics/squad specifically for the derbies, but in terms of the players that they have they are just the type we cannot cope with. We are large, immobile and really not physical enough. County seem to have a good mix of physical/tricky, nippy players like Gardyne.

Good management and training. Adams seems to get his players motivated for the big games, whereas Butcher seems to have some trouble doing this from time to time.

County perhaps haven't changed their tactics/squad specifically for the derbies, but in terms of the players that they have they are just the type we cannot cope with. We are large, immobile and really not physical enough. County seem to have a good mix of physical/tricky, nippy players like Gardyne.

But im still bewildered by the fact that there was a mass exodus of good players from big teams due to the CC and why did we not pick up any of them???

I will give him till Mid December. If we havnt improved then we need a new man. Second half today we played well. Eric was great when he came on as was Hayes. Bulvitus cost us two goals and he is the main problem area. We where unlucky not to get a draw. That would be the fairest result.

But im still bewildered by the fact that there was a mass exodus of good players from big teams due to the CC and why did we not pick up any of them???

Because we couldn't afford the wages.

Has it not occured to anyone that the reason County are beating us may well be Brewster.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Because we couldn't afford the wages.

Has it not occured to anyone that the reason County are beating us may well be Brewster.

Alex ,are you meaning because of his help to them with the fitness side of the game because I think our team has changed so much from Brewsters time he wouldn't have any more idea about how we would play than Adams

Edited by stevico1

Butcher is mince. I think he's actually worse than Brew. Of course he won't be sacked, but I am counting the days until he goes, hopefully at the end of the season, and we can get a manager who understands how to organise a team, and who can sign decent up and coming players who won't be commuting from England.

'What we have' is a result of Butcher and Malpas' choices and decisions, acting as if Butcher is somehow 'let down' by the players and tactics he is responsible for doesn't make sense, it just makes excuses.

He has taken in the odd gem like Foran but the majority of his signings have been terrible.