Butcher's aftermatch comments in the NOTW

caleyrule

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming Bulvitis is one of the players he's 'had enough of', who else have we got that can play centre half?

I can't think of anybody apart from Ross. Before anybody says Rosscoe can't either, I would say in div 1 he would cope. He never lost a header yesterday. But who else is on the books apart from Jamie Duff?

i have a feeling bulvitus probably isn't one of the players anyway but next weeks team might speak volumes. at this rate though we could get rid of butcher and just select the team via tombola.

on the face of it butcher couldn't change a winning team that had scored 9 in 2 but if he was astute and learned from the first tink game he would have

Considering Sanchez got hooked so early, maybe he is one. but then his assists were what gave us so many goals in 2 games.

From what I can understand, Sanchez seems a bit Barrowman like. Put him in against lower opposition and he seems way too good for that level. Put him up one and he seems ridiculously out of his depth.

And surely Sanchez is the other as they have been shocking ALL season(bar Morton and Partick in the cup respectively).

Absolute puff. He was solid against Dundee at Dens park when we should've thumped them in their own back yard.

OK OK guys, chill out. Emotions are running a little high, lets not fall out with each other. I have deleted the last five posts starting from Alex Macleods one. He has obviously overlooked the fact that the sweary filter is bypassed for mods and admins. Just means we have to be extra careful as we all know how to swear as well. No need for the personal abusive comments thereafter, sorry if your post has been removed if it was caught up in the crossfire.

And surely Sanchez is the other as they have been shocking ALL season(bar Morton and Partick in the cup respectively).

Absolute puff. He was solid against Dundee at Dens park when we should've thumped them in their own back yard.

So a one hit wonder. great! cant wait to see that again :rolleyes:

Sanchez has played well in a number of games this season but he does drift in and out of them - a bit like Juanjo in the SPL. That's just the kind of player he is.

For someone who talks about fans getting behind the team you are awfully negative about our own players. I hope you encourage them on a Saturday instead of slagging them off like you do on here.

I totally agree with what Butcher had to say. There was very little passion shown by our players. And it has nothing to do with being a "local" player who understands what a local derby means as I thought Hayes was better than most of the rest.

INEPT. NOT ONE PLAYER CAME OUT OF THAT GAME WITH ANYTHING LIKE A PERFORMANCE. THEY CAME SECOND OUT OF THREE THE REF BEING THE THIRD. WITH NO DISRESPECT TO LITTLE PEOPLE, IT WAS A SMALL MAN IN A BIG GAME.

I AM SURE BUTCHER WOULD HAVE BEEN JUST AS SUPRISED AS ANY OF US AT SUCH A PERFOMANCE. HIS PLAYERS LET HIM DOWN BIG TIME. SOME SPENT THE AFTERNOON CHASING THE REFEREE SOME HAD IT NOT BEEN AN ENCLOSED GROUND WOULD BE STILL RUNNING UP THE A9 WITH THE BALL AT THEIR FEET WONDERING WHAT TO DO NEXT.

ITS OVER, PAST, WE JUST HAVE TO GET ON WITH IT AND HOPE IT WAS JUST A BLIP IN WHAT HAS BEEN A MINOR RECOVERY.

BUT STILL ENEPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INEPT. NOT ONE PLAYER CAME OUT OF THAT GAME WITH ANYTHING LIKE A PERFORMANCE. THEY CAME SECOND OUT OF THREE THE REF BEING THE THIRD. WITH NO DISRESPECT TO LITTLE PEOPLE, IT WAS A SMALL MAN IN A BIG GAME.

I AM SURE BUTCHER WOULD HAVE BEEN JUST AS SUPRISED AS ANY OF US AT SUCH A PERFOMANCE. HIS PLAYERS LET HIM DOWN BIG TIME. SOME SPENT THE AFTERNOON CHASING THE REFEREE SOME HAD IT NOT BEEN AN ENCLOSED GROUND WOULD BE STILL RUNNING UP THE A9 WITH THE BALL AT THEIR FEET WONDERING WHAT TO DO NEXT.

ITS OVER, PAST, WE JUST HAVE TO GET ON WITH IT AND HOPE IT WAS JUST A BLIP IN WHAT HAS BEEN A MINOR RECOVERY.

BUT STILL ENEPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please dinnae shout............ma hied's thumpin.

we were not actually that far off sneaking something on saturday, and the problem is that some think we should be rodgering this lot rather than recognising that they are no a bad team and some thought needs putting into this. It's not as if they are Morton. Like the last league game against the g*p*s, we were too narrow and static at the back. All they had to do was spread the ball wide and we were in doo doo. This might explain why Rossco is looking somewhat disengaged at times. If that channel wasn't open to them, they had another easy option through the middle of a fairly lightweight midfield (proctor, sanchez, imrie) and in both these cases they then came up against a fragile centre back pair (Narius & grantie). I was nearly incontinent when Stephen Craig came on, as he was exactly the kind of direct runner we couldn't cope with.

Relating this to Butcher's rant (and that's what it was, coming just after kicking doors, allegedly) I can see the frustrations. It's just a question of who he picks on, but he sets the team up and chose the wrong options on saturday. It's obvious that there are some mince teams in this league that we can all out attack against, but C*unt* ain't one of them. Lionel? Where are you Lionel?........