mobile phones....

maimie

well - must be nearly 18 months since i posted one of these and guess what??

my moby's due for an upgrade in december!!!

as some of you may remember, i really liked my Sony w610i. had a C902 (i think) for the last wee while.

really like th sony phone and candybar style (how can you txt without looking otherwise...) but wondering what i should go for this time. wondered about touchscreen ones but not sure about the qwerty keyboard on others.

quite liked samsungs before but not fond of nokias.

need something simple - just like me! not too worried about photos or the like but music would be good.

and as those that have been round a bit will tell you - it has to feel good in my hand!! :lol:

The C905 is the replacement for the C902 (I think) and most places I've seen it are offering it with an 8GB Memory Card so more than ample space for all your music.

I know you said Photo's wasn't a priority, but this phone has a cybershot camera (8 Megapixel) with a proper flash etc, so you really do get a decent camera and phone all rolled into one.

Just upgraded to the Samsung Tocco Lite. I was a touch screen virgin but am now totally converted. Its really easy to text and make calls and has a good camera ( if you like that sort of thing). Its worth a look. The O2 shop in the shopping centre is great cos you can try out all the phones as they are all live.

Just like Eye Settee I was a touchscreen virgin :lol:, before i upgraded to the new Sony Ericsson Satio and i absolutely love it! Its got a beasting 12.1 megapixel camera which is a stunner. Wont go into details but it got submerged in water for a good few seconds on saturday night and i shat myself, but she's still workin a charm :lol:

I have the same phone as you then! I do like it a lot but a couple of things I don't like are:

Headphone adapter - For goodness sake SE put a 3.5mm jack in there!

Battery life - abysmal. I get 1 -2 days out of it normally.

Internet - nice enough but can be fiddly. After using an iPhone to surf the web I think SE have a lot of catching up to do is this aspect.

I quite like the Symbian interface. Find it easy to use and there are a number of nice wee features on this phone - the GPS chip is fantasitc and sound quality for music and videos good as well. Syncing your email is easy and obviously the camera gives good results too.

A good phone but not a great phone but it does what I need it to do but my main gripe is the poorbattery life.

I have the same phone as you then! I do like it a lot but a couple of things I don't like are:

Internet - nice enough but can be fiddly. After using an iPhone to surf the web I think SE have a lot of catching up to do is this aspect.

I quite like the Symbian interface. Find it easy to use and there are a number of nice wee features on this phone - the GPS chip is fantasitc and sound quality for music and videos good as well. Syncing your email is easy and obviously the camera gives good results too.

A good phone but not a great phone but it does what I need it to do but my main gripe is the poorbattery life.

Good minds think alike pal :lol:. Would have to agree with the points u've made. I bought a wee cable off ebay that converts the SE jack to 3.5mm so i dont have a problem with that. But i must say the battery is pretty bad, it can stay at near-to-full for a while then plumits to empty with no notice :lol: .

Edited by RowdyBey

I have just got a new phone about 3 weeks ago - the blackberry 8900

Best phone i have ever had e-mails and internet on the go with your mobile network or through wi-fi also if you have it

Battery life aint amazing i admit but i am never off the internet on it which obviously doesn't help the battery life

Camera only a 3.2 MP but if your that into your photographs surely you would just buy a digital camera

Headphone socket also very handy as its a proper headphone socket so no need to muck about with adapter or mobile phone headphones

The C905 is the replacement for the C902 (I think) and most places I've seen it are offering it with an 8GB Memory Card so more than ample space for all your music.

I know you said Photo's wasn't a priority, but this phone has a cybershot camera (8 Megapixel) with a proper flash etc, so you really do get a decent camera and phone all rolled into one.

[/quote']

ive got a 905 and they are all pants, i got my one just when they came out and raved about it for 2 weeks then i had to go back because the speaker stopped working... got it back, 3 or 4 weeks and it went again... back it went and came back... then the keypad stopped working, i phoned Vodafon again, the guy i spoke to said... have a look at the orange website.. they dont even offer it anymore, vodafone had too many and had to get rid of them.. it went back again for the keypad and the screen... want a night mare, yes the camara is fine.. but the rest just isnt, avoid it like the plage dude!!! 2 freinds of mine have had the same problems.. one just after i bought my fone and the other about 5 months ago ones on 3, the others on O2, i dont think o2 do them anymore eather, because they are that bad, its a shame because ive never had a bad Sony until this one!

started off well but.....

RiG - you're doing it again!!! :argue:

am geting the new HTC HD2 from 02

HTC HD2 boasts of a 4.3-inch WVGA capacitive touchscreen with a whopping 480x800 resolution, runs on the latest Windows Mobile 6.5 platform and is powered by a Qualcomm 1Ghz Snapdragon processor that not only makes the device road-ready for mobile internet use but also boasts of lightning-fast response when switching between applications, enjoying multimedia or playing games

Arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Windows Mobile, are you crazy???

I'm running WM 6.1 Pro on my Touch HD and it's actually very stable. I notice that the HD2 will be one of the few phones able to upgrade to WM 7 when it's eventually released.

I'm with T-Mobile.....have been for years, and we have 3 phones on the one account (good bargaining chip when upgrading). We're due for upgrades and they were offering us very little in terms of phone choice as we're on a plan they want to phase out. So....we ended up being offered a wider range of free upgrade and were moved to a plan that will cost us less and give us more!!!

LG GW520

I dont think this will merit its own thread but does anybody have this phone and whats it like.

or can you suggest a good phone around the ?150 mark, on o2, payg, must be 3g, and not a motorola

Edited by caleymad

I'm with T-Mobile.....have been for years, and we have 3 phones on the one account (good bargaining chip when upgrading). We're due for upgrades and they were offering us very little in terms of phone choice as we're on a plan they want to phase out. So....we ended up being offered a wider range of free upgrade and were moved to a plan that will cost us less and give us more!!!

when the 902 came out vodaphone were offering a better deal than o2 so i just told them and they gave me the same deal at less cost and i haven't lost my original deal privilages... :P

geting my new phone from 02 next 2 days

HTC HD2 Specification:

3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100

Size Dimensions 120.5 x 67 x 11 mm

Weight 157 g

Display Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 65K colours

Size 480 x 800 pixels, 4.3 inches

Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate

Proximity sensor for auto turn-off

Ambient light sensor

3.5 mm audio jack

Internal 448 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM

Card slot microSD (TransFlash)

3G HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 2 Mbps

WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Wi-Fi router

Bluetooth Yes, v2.1 with A2DP

USB microUSB

Camera Primary 5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus, dual LED flash

Features OS Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional

CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8250 1 GHz processor

Browser WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML

GPS Yes, with A-GPS support

Digital compass

MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+ player

AVI(DiVX/XviD)/MP4/WMV/H.264/H.263 player

Facebook and Twitter integration

YouTube client

Pocket Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, PDF viewer)

Battery: Standard battery, Li-Ion 1230 mAh

bigger and better than iphone

geting my new phone from 02 next 2 days

Battery: Standard battery, Li-Ion 1230 mAh

bigger and better than iphone

It's bigger and better than my Touch HD except I've noticed it comes with a piddly little battery. I'm not being funny, but you'll be very lucky if you get longer than 30 hours out of that on a regular basis.

My Touch HD has a 1350mAh battery and I struggle to get more than two days out of mine.

I don't see why mobile phone manufacturors make all these wonderful gizmos for phones then saddle you with a battery that is bad you may as well have a hamster powering your phone.

Incidentally my SE phone is still fine on the whole but there are some niggly things I am finidng out. The Symbian interface is a bit slow at times and sometimes I get booted out of reading my emails for no apparent reason. On the whole it's still a good phone and I do like it but I would be hard pushed to recommend it to someone if they were unsure about their next phone.