Foxy for Borough Briggs

Alex MacLeod

Yesterdays P & J reckons Elgin would like to borrow Foxy cos one of their middfielders suffered a leg break last weekend. Apparantly the Fox had been waiting on Livi to get rid of someone so they could afford to take him on loan. Bad show if Livi cant pay him but Elgin can. Personally I think a few months of first team football at Borough Briggs would be better for him. And I hope he comes back to us a better player and one who can keep a regular place in future. I think he has the talent but his footballing brain is a bit slower to develop.

Regular first team games with Elgin would be of no more use to him than regular reserve games for ICT.  The only time I think it benefits a player to drop so far to get first team football is when they have confidence issues and need something to kick start them again.  Even if that was the case, I can't see him going out and coming back challenging for a midfield slot with us.

I think it will come down to just getting his wage (or part of his wage) off the books from the clubs point of view as Fox must be well down the pecking order and very unlikely to pull on a shirt for the first team this season (or ever).

Nothing against the lad, just don't think he has what it takes to ever make the ICT first team again and wherever he ends up good luck to him.