ICT V HIBS - final score 0-0

Guest kingkojak

Guest kingkojak

good man, cheers scotty.   

broonie seems to be dropping the ball alot  :017:

some good play otherwise by wilson and co.

From the radio broadcast we sounded OK.  Barry Wilson seemed our biggest threat going forward but Wyness had another poor game.  Perhaps give Bayne or McAllister a chance?

Our first clean sheet of the season is good news, although at the end of the commentary Scott Davie said we've only won nine games in 29 at home in the SPL.  Very poor and we really, really need to improve on that.  Next Sunday would be a good place to start  :003:

Dods did play very well, infact I think that the entire team tried their best to get us the three points. The passing was mainly good and the only thing that we didn't manage today was to score and there were a few moments when I thought that we might.  Our home crowd even seemed to be making more noise than usual, and it was great  to hear hardy any negative shouts at  individual players. Hopefully we will play even better come next Sunday...... 

Post more later when I get a chance......We were under the cosh for fair parts of the game, but Dods coped brilliantly and was my MoM. Black started well but faded and was subbed later but Dods remained solid. We got what we deserved.....a draw, fair enough.

From the radio broadcast we sounded OK.  Barry Wilson seemed our biggest threat going forward but Wyness had another poor game.  Perhaps give Bayne or McAllister a chance?

Our first clean sheet of the season is good news, although at the end of the commentary Scott Davie said we've only won nine games in 29 at home in the SPL.  Very poor and we really, really need to improve on that.  Next Sunday would be a good place to start  :003:

Maybe so from the radio - but from the stand ...................... Wyness was busy and had an excellent game. We played some really nice football at times, the defence looked solid and Mark Brown looked very confident.

Good performance. Hibs played well too, their new defence seems much more of a challenge than their old one.

From todays performane I'd say there's not really much we need to improve on.

Keep playing like this and we'll get the breaks and have another decent eason.

It looked like what it was - 2 mid table teams scrapping for points. A draw was a fair result, but more vroom needed in attack. How is the Brewster legacy - fitness level going?

That Jones was getting away with a lot - they are a big tough back four. We need Dennis to start scoring. Being creative is notenough. I was pleased that Dods looked interested, after the recent news. A good game all in all.

A vast improvement on the St Mirren performance of 2 weeks ago. Created plenty chances but the ball just wouldn't hit the net. Draw probably a fair result all said.

Best moments:

Keogh's first touch that, from where i was sitting, looked like it was going to burst the net but drifted just wide.

Silky touches from Black in the midfield esp in the first half. :011:

Dargo's challenge on the keeper second half !!  :001:

Mark Brown's save when the ball looked a dead cert to fly into the top right corner!! :010:

Worst moments:

The refereeing !!!! :008:

Nice to read all the positive comments, but in truth I thought we were quite poor today - barely created any clear cut chances, which is not encouraging as we were after all the home team. I think teams have worked out how to play us now - not surprising as we are now entering season three in the SPL with a virtually unchanged squad and seemingly only one game plan. Consistency is one thing but we really need to freshen things up or I  think we could be in for a long hard season. 

A vast improvement on the St Mirren performance of 2 weeks ago. Created plenty chances but the ball just wouldn't hit the net. Draw probably a fair result all said.

Best moments:

Keogh's first touch that, from where i was sitting, looked like it was going to burst the net but drifted just wide.

Silky touches from Black in the midfield esp in the first half. :011:

Dargo's challenge on the keeper second half !!  :001:

Mark Brown's save when the ball looked a dead cert to fly into the top right corner!! :010:

Worst moments:

The refereeing !!!! :008:

Well I would certainly agree with your last comment. As view point from the other end of the park I thought the assistants were pretty awful as well. Some of their calls were way of the mark and baffling, which both teams suffered equally from.  :001:

We are getting better with every match.

agreed, that is the most important thing!!

I think it was a bit harsh to say we lacked invention but more that both defenses were on form.  I think we had more clear cut chances than Hibs but they did put us under a lot of pressure and especially when Sproule was let loose at Rossco. 

Broonie

Rossco      Dods    Munro    Hastings

That is our defense and should not be tampered with unless ofcourse injury becomes an issue!!!  All of them were superb and got stuck in when necessary even if it was slightly excessive.

Brown

I'm sure it must part of his contract that he has to have a new goalie top each week or he wont play :015:

Graeme Smith had another howler on Sat..... Walter Smith is running out of excuses :017:

The save in the first half from Stewart was top drawer, he was solid throughout

Rossco

Legend!!!  Made some important challenges and got forward whenever possible, his end product wasn't always perfect but

considering he missed half of preseason and that was only heis second game back he will get better as the season goes on.

Hastings

Was excellent at the back and made some good runs forward but also needs to work on his crossing.  Golly is gonna have to work extremely hard to get another chance at left  back. 

Dods

Could have all gone wrong yesterday but he showed his professionalism by haing a blinder.  Some of my mates were giving him a bit of stick throughout the game but by the end they were cheering him on.  He didn't put a foot wrong and deserved to be MOTM.

Munro

Solid.  Cleared anything Dodsy missed

Wilson

looks a lot fitter than last season and was probably our biggest threat from midfield.  Needs to be more clinical in the final third

McBain

Didn't do anything wrong but think we needed a better option on the left.  He never really looked comfortable on the ball and I can't remember him once hitting the byline.  I would have liked to see Zander on for the last 20 mins to run at what looked like a slow defence.  Morgan wasn't even on the bench???? is he injured or has he just fallen out of favour???

Black

I'll be delighted if he signs a new contracy this week.  In a class of his own yesterday, considering how highly Scott Brown and Thompson are rated for hibs he was by far the best midfielder on the park.

Rankin

Quiet game always looked sharp when he had the ball but never really got going.

Wyness

Played well with his back to goal but the Hibs defense were on top form and he had no chance with the high balls that were being played in. 

Dargo

Neds to find the net... how he missed that chance fro the corner I'll never know but he will score goals for us this season.

Nice bitter comment here from Michael Stewart  :015:

"I think Inverness are a big, strong and physical side," Stewart agreed. "They get away with it every week, so you have to say they are good at it. They do give away a lot of fouls, and it slows the play down and breaks up the momentum in a game, which is disruptive to a team like us. It should be the referee's job to stamp down on it a bit harder."