Today's Ref

kencar

He was all right in the first half but the less said about his second half 'performance' the better.

Another name for the list of Refs who are utter sacks.

Murray

Freeland

MacDonald

Brines

Does Scotland have any good refs anymore? Bring back Young, Dallas and Blady!

The radio was quite complimetary about Brines' 1st half performance - talking about how he allowed play to flow and go back to players afterwards to have a word or book them.

Listening to second half, his performance sounded far worse and he seemed to get conned a few times into giving decisions one way or the other

I really enjoyed the game today.

I thought both sides played some good football -

and I also thought the referee had a decent game.

He was certainly conned in the first half a couple of times,,,.

Second half Brines went from worse to worse, feckin plonker, every descision seemingly went to Hibs, for real and non eistant fouls...... oh feck sober up...too mnanny beers... give me sunshine nah nah naaa

He was certainly conned in the first half a couple of times,,,.

Second half Brines went from worse to worse, feckin plonker, every descision seemingly went to Hibs, for real and non eistant fouls...... oh feck sober up...too mnanny beers... give me sunshine nah nah naaa

I must have attended a different game? I agree that Brines and his assistants, especially the one running the main stand side was awful but they didn't favour any side. Their interference and baffling calls disrupted the flow that both teams were developing in the first half. Spoiled what was looking an interesting game up to half time.  :001:

The radio was quite complimetary about Brines' 1st half performance - talking about how he allowed play to flow and go back to players afterwards to have a word or book them.

Listening to second half, his performance sounded far worse and he seemed to get conned a few times into giving decisions one way or the other

I'd totally agree with that summary during the first I did think that we had finally got a decent ref but during the second half he was pathetic.

There was a 10-15 minute spell in the second half where the ref must of given about 10 free-kicks around our box for the even the slightest tackle, it was a nightmare for the defence because as soon as one of our defenders got near the ball the ref blew for a free-kick! i honeslty though at one point the ref was trying to help hibs get a goal!

Another ref who failed to get a grip of the game from the start and showed bias to the Central Belt team, aided and abetted by his standside assistant.  That wee ned Scott Brown got away with murder and lip all day.  Perhaps the ref realised that when Hastings had a go at him. It was also just as well H*bs didn't have Riordan to take those free kicks around the box.  Zemmanan was as good as Chris Paterson at lobbing them over the crossbar.

He was crap aye, but to be fair, his crapness worked in our favour with Hastings. His manhandling of Sproule(was it?) on the deck could've easily got him a red, instead of the yellow he received.

Another instance where the radio highlighted his performance. The radio commentators were adamant that it should have been a red card and sounded quite suprised when only a yellow was issued.

I remember watching this ref a few times as we came up the leagues and always thought that Brines was one of the better ones - sounds like he either had an off-day or has been infected with the crapness virus that seems to affect many of our top officials.

Guest Cotter

Thing is when refs & lines men have bad days it spoils it for us as well as wasting our money which they did on sat as it was turning out to be a good game til second half. im usual quiet at game but found myself shoutin at the ref with a few additive that the woman in front with child didnt like. :007: