Why was Black subbed?

davieB

I thought he was fantastic today. For me he was easily our best player. Couldn't work out why Charlie saw a need to replace him. I'd have thought Rankin would've been the ideal candidate. From what I've seen of him he's certainly got some nice touches, and he's got plenty of skill, but it's easy to forget he's on the pitch at times.

And he also contributed to the comedy moment of the day....him trying to nudge in front of the 9ft Hibs defender in the defensive wall :015: :015: :015:

That was a good comedy moment ............ but one of the highlights this afternoon was seeing Black outjump the 9 foot defender for a ball!

Black was, for me, MOTM by a great distance. He had some sublime touches and his control at times was excellent.

I thought he was subbed as he had already been booked but that turned out to not be the case.

I think Charlie decided to take him before he was sent off he'd already been booked and with the game starting to turn scrappy with a lot of hacking going on that's the sort of game you don't want Black to be involved in cause you know he'll pick up a stupid booking.

I nearly fell of my seat when Black was named mom, not one of his better games today im afraid, gave the ball away to much, i thought tokley was mom, but thats just my opinion, i dont think black was full fit today, the game seemed to pass him by quite often. 

I think Charlie decided to take him before he was sent off he'd already been booked

He wasn't booked though. I thought he might have been but SoS and the BBC don't have him down as being cautioned.

I thought black was awesome up until he was subbed, winning balls, breaking up play and setting up attacks but it looked as if he tired a little towards the end so i think charlie called it right bringing on Keogh for some fresh legs. IMO it was between black and dods for MOTM.

Black, IMO, was lucky not to get booked for his petulant over-reaction to the ref.  I also thought he was trying to be overly elaborate at times which led to stray passes and getting caught in possession.  If he learns to play the simple ball and keep his temper in check, he has the potential to become a big player (hopefully for us).