This Time Next Year...

Renegade

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Butcher will be manager of ICT this time next year?

• Yes
    • No

No, but I don't think he's doing as badly as people make out. Still challenging for the title after only being in the job a few months, whilst rebuilding the team. Alex Ferguson was failing at Manchester United at the same time Butcher has been here.

Long-term, he's probably not the solution if we don't win promotion as we'll have to get used to be in the second tier of football, building from the ground-up - and I don't mean just the first team. That means a more local base for little money.

I know some will say 'let's start asap by getting rid of Butcher' but he hasn't failed yet. Let's give the team a bit of support before we condemn them too soon.

Do we need him more than he needs us?

I've said it all along, if TB can't win the league (or at least finish in a very respectable position) then where does he go after ICT?

Perhaps he may give up on football and concentrate on being a pundit. To be honest I'm only thinking about the game tomorrow at the moment - let alone next year!

I dont think the original poster is calling for his head ... I think it is a simple question as to whether you think he will still be in charge next season.

Personally, I voted no as I think he will walk at the end of his contract regardless of the outcome of the season. If we do go up, he might reconsider, but if we dont, then I would say he will be offski and it will be his choice. ICT will not (and should not) sack him.

As for getting another job ... if Malky can end up working with Alex McLeish, then Butcher wont have much of a problem getting another gig if he needs it :(

He is a good manager, we are lucky to have him, he is also intelligent and were I he, I would go as soon as possible when my contract is up and never look back at a team with so many negative fans!

It must do his head in.

On here people write 'if I can walk away from a game, irrespective of the outcome, where I have been entertained, that is all I ask for.'

We had superb entertainment last week and all we hear is 'what did the manager do wrong'? 'I am livid with that showing' etc.

Forked tongue or what??

Terry, go and be appreciated somewhere else.

I dont think the original poster is calling for his head ... I think it is a simple question as to whether you think he will still be in charge next season.

Exactly, I don't want, nor did I start this thread, for a discussion on whether or not Butcher is any good or not or any of that stuff. I started this thread to try and see what people think will happen with Butcher regarding ICT, in the near future.

He is a good manager, we are lucky to have him, he is also intelligent and were I he, I would go as soon as possible when my contract is up and never look back at a team with so many negative fans!

It must do his head in.

On here people write 'if I can walk away from a game, irrespective of the outcome, where I have been entertained, that is all I ask for.'

We had superb entertainment last week and all we hear is 'what did the manager do wrong'? 'I am livid with that showing' etc.

Forked tongue or what??

Terry, go and be appreciated somewhere else.

That is exactly what isn't needed on this thread. All I want is a simple yes or no and wee bit of dialogue about the original question. It is not a place to attack the management or any of that stuff and this certainly is not a place your typical nonsense of coming onto a thread, having a go at the fans, and going on about the great skills of the management team whilst also being so high and mighty all the time. Please do that on another thread and keep it out of this one.

Edited by Renegade

Exactly, I don't want, nor did I start this thread, for a discussion on whether or not Butcher is any good or not or any of that stuff. I started this thread to try and see what people think will happen with Butcher regarding ICT, in the near future.

But Sir, to quote you - would you manage a team....

in a mediocre football country, at a club who aren't in the top league, at a team in the middle of nowhere.

if you had the wit to do better for yourself??

That's in a different thread for heavens sake! Please leave things like that out of this one and answer the very simple question that this thread is about and if your not going to do that then please, go and post in another thread. It's actually quite a simple.

can we stay on topic please and not get dragged down into a slagging match about the semantics of this thread. The original poster has clarified the topic so it is clear. anything else is off-topic

if the thread continues to be dragged off-topic or hi-jacked, it will be closed.

can we stay on topic please and not get dragged down into a slagging match about the semantics of this thread. The original poster has clarified the topic so it is clear. anything else is off-topic

if the thread continues to be dragged off-topic or hi-jacked, it will be closed.

Yeh but no but yeh but no but I wasnt even there anyway so how am I supposed to know I was miles away and dont even know what your talking about Ask Kelly she'll back me up neither of us know anything ever so there

If we don't win the league he'll blame the Board for not giving him the cash to buy players and say he's going somewhere where his talents are appreciated. If we do win the league he'll say he achieved that despite the Board not giving him the cash to buy players and will say he's going somewhere where his proven talents are appreciated. Of course, if he gets himself introduced on STV as ICT manager, I might change my mind.

Renegade wrote: "That is exactly what isn't needed on this thread. All I want is a simple yes or no and [blah blah blah]. It is not a place to [blah blah blah] whilst also being so high and mighty all the time.

Just call me sir.

Practise what you preach........

..........Sir

There's another one who can't read the topic question. Answer the question of the thread, it's actually very very simple. That is what this thread is here for, not a place to keep your 100% posting of attacks on me going. I don't understand what's so difficult about it.

Do you get some sort of sexual pleasure from replying to my posts and attacking me personally? You've only had four posts on this site, and each one has been an attack on me. Please refrain from posting in this childish manner again, and in future, keep your posts to make an answer of topic of the thread in question. Is that really too much to ask?

Edited by Renegade

I think what Absent minded is trying to point out is that it is the muppets who are to blame and it is they who should be history.

I think that Lady Mabel needs sectioning if she derives any form of sexual pleasure through any form of communication with renegade.