More problems.

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I was posting a reply in a thread a few minutes ago and when i clicked the post Message button, i got a message saying that i couldn't get in because of database problem.

Any ideas what happened or is this just server problem like last time?

Help appreciated.

I was posting a reply in a thread a few minutes ago and when i clicked the post Message button, i got a message saying that i couldn't get in because of database problem.

Any ideas what happened or is this just server problem like last time?

Help appreciated.

I'd hazard a guess at a database server problem. Scotty or CaleyD will probably know more once they have the hosts by the throat though :D

Guest Mahonio

Was it a one off problem, or were/are you getting persistent errors? I'm assuming that because you managed to come over on to this part of the forum and report it that it wasn't/isn't an ongoing issue.

Seems to be ok since that moment so it must have been a one-off :) :) :) :)

looking at the error log it seems that quite a few users had an issue connecting to the sql database yesterday for a 15 minute spell around the time you posted.

yet another issue with our hosts I am afraid

• 1 month later...

There was an incident a few days ago where one user was making 1000 simultaneous connections to the website and basically grinding the server to a halt. In that instance - and this would happen with any provider we were with - they will use a procedure called 'procwatch' on the server to kill processes that are using too much server resources and this can indeed lead to internal server error pages. It seems likely that the user in question has a virus/spyware or zombie problem and that their machine needs to be scanned for nasty stuff.

I think CaleyD was contacting them as all we can do in that instance is block the IP address at a server level so they cant connect to the site at all. Once the nasty stuff is gone we can unblock the IP.

We are still looking to move to a new provider but we will probably wait until the end of season or a period where we have a few days or a week of clear space.

Scotty/Caley D, I noticed the same as above, one other thing thats still happening sometimes is, When i open another tab on IE and then click on the site from my Favs (thats how high i rate you's) it then gives me a prompt to Save or Open the cookies.. it only happens on this site no other site promps... does this ring a bell with anyone?