Barry Wilson

Scotty

re-sign Bazza or not ?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should we try to sign Barry until the end of the season or not ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

Guest Mahonio

I voted "yes" because, as i said in the Transfer Rumours thread in the Rumour Mill, he could become part of the management team that are in place now and learn off of them like Coisty is doing at Rangers and when Butcher and Mo leave he would be the ideal replacement.

What makes you think he'd be an "ideal" replacement? He could be an absolute disaster for all we know. It could also be said that he may be too close to the team and in some ways, should Butcher go say, at the end of the season, that would be essentially him being promoted, becoming the boss of players that used to be equals. Not always a good idea.

BTW - I voted "Yes".

Edited by Renegade

Yes, time to start getting the next management/coaching team together, ready to step in when called upon. Perfect cover for injuries/possible january departures as well, get him signed before he heads across the bridge. He's settled up here, so ideal place for him to work.

Talk about jumping a chasm in two leaps!

Can ICT justify a wage for a sub?

In what way is he qualified / suitable to be the next ICT manager?!

I think that a few people are looking at this thread through rose tinted glasses. Barry Wilson WAS a great player for ICT when he was younger. No denying that. I also miss the team when he and Robson played together. However I don't think by resigning him is going to lead to a vast improvement in results which would see us march up the table.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

Yes, time to start getting the next management/coaching team together, ready to step in when called upon. Perfect cover for injuries/possible january departures as well, get him signed before he heads across the bridge. He's settled up here, so ideal place for him to work.

Talk about jumping a chasm in two leaps!

Can ICT justify a wage for a sub?

In what way is he qualified / suitable to be the next ICT manager?!

I think that a few people are looking at this thread through rose tinted glasses. Barry Wilson WAS a great player for ICT when he was younger. No denying that. I also miss the team when he and Robson played together. However I don't think by resigning him is going to lead to a vast improvement in results which would see us march up the table.

Did I mention Barry as Manager? Still think he can do a job in this division, signed till the end of the season, and see what our managerial/coaching situation is then. If he is already here, it would be easier for him to become part of any new set up if or when it happens.

Looks like hes on the verge of signing for Peterhead.

I would have liked to have seen him back here but I cant see how he could improve the team this season,I don't mean that as an insult to Barry I mean it more of a compliment to our current squad of players.

I voted "yes" because, as i said in the Transfer Rumours thread in the Rumour Mill, he could become part of the management team that are in place now and learn off of them like Coisty is doing at Rangers and when Butcher and Mo leave he would be the ideal replacement.

What makes you think there is anything to learn from B & M I not seen anything that would inspire me.