Shane Sutherland & Gavin Morrison

Elginfan

This is in todays Northern Scot...

Inverness boss Terry Butcher has allowed striker Shane Sutherland and midfielder Gavin Morrison, both 19, to go through their paces with the Borough Briggs club with a view to a possible loan deal.

Have these two had much first team experience? How would they get on in the third division?

Guest Mahonio

This is in todays Northern Scot...

Inverness boss Terry Butcher has allowed striker Shane Sutherland and midfielder Gavin Morrison, both 19, to go through their paces with the Borough Briggs club with a view to a possible loan deal.

Have these two had much first team experience? How would they get on in the third division?

This is probably a good move for these 2 lads so that they can get 1st team action.

Answers to your 2 questions are 1)no for Sutherland and i think Morrison has played some games for us and 2)i believe they should do fine and gain some much needed 1st team action.

Both decent players who need to be playing on a regular basis at there age to develop, where at this moment in time we as a club can only offer them training facilities where they are sometimes involved with the first team squad i think they would benefit more from playing in the highland league where they would more than likely be guaranteed a game every week rather than having to travel week in week out to places like annan,berwick etc where if we are being honest the standard is no better than the highland league.let sutherland go and play for his local team wick academy who i am sure would take him in a minute and am sure give him a platform to shine the same applies to morrison, put him to clach helping out him and our city neighbours who need all the help they can get at this present time

Its sad to think that the Elgin option is the only one open to these youngsters, it hasn't worked in the past and I don't think it will do now. What is the point of sending out youngsters to a club that can't even attract highland league players due to lack of money and a horrendous fixture schedule.

The club no longer do under 19 or reserve team football so its going to be very difficult to give the youngsters coming through any sort of chance.

Both will be ICT first teamers within a few years. Sutherland is a cracking player, reminds me strangely of Tore Andre Flo.

Think Clach would be a better option for the two boys. Bit of rough and tough Highland league action, and Polworth seems to be building a youthful side there. A bit easier in terms of travel as well.