Butcher to go.....we're broke!

Reliably_Informed

I know a few threads already exist on this, but they all speculate his going to other clubs or being sacked based on performance and this post is neither.

Butcher will, allegedly, be gone within a fortnight and the reason he is going is because we are, allegedly, skint and need to get as many people off the wage bill as possible just to ensure we can make it till the end of the season. The hope is that he finds another club and we can get a token compensation payment but that's wishful thinking on our part (regarding the compensation, not him finding another club).

Any players we can get a couple of quid for or who are on larger wages and we can offload will also go.

ICT is, allegedly, operating hand to mouth at the moment and have started to make some ridiculous cost cutting measures which some might have already noticed.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malpas would be on a similar wage to Butcher so highly unlikely.

Wouldnt be suprised if Robbo got in there. If all this is true but i'am certainly not doubting it.

If all these rumours are true then the people that are running our club need to take a proper look at themselves. Why take on Butcher and his desired players if we're not able to afford it, where the feck is there business acumen. Its unbelieveable that such diddies have actually got to where they have. I could understand if it was at the end of the season, as it was an all or nothing push but half way through the season? At the start of the season you should make sure you're able to survive at least until the end of the season. A club should at least treat the fans with some respect..........it is us that will suffer the most.

Edited by Iain

I have contacted the director of ICT that I know and he has confirmed this story is a heap of rubbish we are in no danger at all of going to the wall and this rumours have been started by ict fans trying to cause panic or trying to spread sh**e about the club and they are the so called fans telling us to make sure we support the club week in week out

Guest Mahonio

I know a few threads already exist on this, but they all speculate his going to other clubs or being sacked based on performance and this post is neither.

Butcher will, allegedly, be gone within a fortnight and the reason he is going is because we are, allegedly, skint and need to get as many people off the wage bill as possible just to ensure we can make it till the end of the season. The hope is that he finds another club and we can get a token compensation payment but that's wishful thinking on our part (regarding the compensation, not him finding another club).

Any players we can get a couple of quid for or who are on larger wages and we can offload will also go.

ICT is, allegedly, operating hand to mouth at the moment and have started to make some ridiculous cost cutting measures which some might have already noticed.

I am sorry Reliably_Informed but i don't believe this and why in a fortnight, don't you think it would be immediate so that is 1 of the reasons i disagree with you until i see it in papers or talked about in media.

I am sorry Reliably_Informed but i don't believe this and why in a fortnight, don't you think it would be immediate so that is 1 of the reasons i disagree with you until i see it in papers or talked about in media.

Mahonio, i suggest you take a wee gander at the OP's previous form. He has lived up to his name on a couple of occasions.

Caley D, if the rumours that are circulating are true, what do you think it will take for the current board (and the shareholder who controls it) to GTF?

Guest Mahonio

Mahonio, i suggest you take a wee gander at the OP's previous form. He has lived up to his name on a couple of occasions.

Caley D, if the rumours that are circulating are true, what do you think it will take for the current board (and the shareholder who controls it) to GTF?

a couple of times out of how many? I don't really think the club would keep this from us so until i see or hear about it then i will not believe him, however, if he IS RIGHT, i will apologise ok.

I've said elsewhere that I was resigned to this scenario being fairly inevitable....but if the rumours in this thread, and other stories I've heard the last few days, are true then I have to say that things are far worse than even I thought they were as I'd given us 12 (possibly 18) months before reaching the rumoured state of affairs.

Would it surprise me? Unfortunately not, and I don't buy the whole "the club wouldn't keep this from us" argument being put forward by some....after all, they have form when it comes to keeping fans in the dark over important issues.

There's a lot of rubbish gets spouted on this forum (par for the course with any forum), but it's users have a knack of being first to unearth/reveal things.....good and bad.....and RI is never far off the mark.

I certainly think this is a case of "No smoke without fire" and the situation is not whether there's a problem, but how big the problem really is.

I have contacted the director of ICT that I know and he has confirmed this story is a heap of rubbish we are in no danger at all of going to the wall and this rumours have been started by ict fans trying to cause panic or trying to spread sh**e about the club and they are the so called fans telling us to make sure we support the club week in week out

Is this the same Director who could not direct traffic and the same director of a local business that is in grave danger of going out of business after 50yrs because of the ineptitude of those in charge.

If I have got the wong director, thank f@#k!!!!

I hope these rumours are not true. But when you look at our current position it doesn't seem likely that we will get anywhere near the target of promotion back to the SPL. I understand the board invested a lot of dosh to secure players for this promotion push. I wonder if they now realise it isn't going to happen and want out....quick. Getting shot of TB and MM would still cost the club a lot of dosh and would probably tip us over the edge anyway. This doesn't sound very good at all and I am officially worried about the club I love.

Crazy if it is. We've been in the SPL for a number of years and spent virtually no money on transfer fees, with a low wage too for most players. We've a good few youngsters too in Hayes, Shinnie, Ross, Bully, Rooney and Cox. They won't be on and won't be expecting a fortune. Sign them up. Ditch the bigger earners in Foran, Duff and Barrowman. Sell Imrie. Then we've got a good, but cheap, basis for a longer-term team. Just what Pele did all those years ago.

Edited by starchief

Very sad, however I believe very true. Those in charge of this club have bumbled from one mistake to the other over the past few years where it has got to the stage this was inevitable if not now in the very near future.

I hope that if this is true and Butcher and Malpas do go within the next 2 weeks the DOF does the decent thing and walk out the front door with them, closely followed by the rest of them upstairs that have led this club into the mire.

We will see. If it happened then I presume Malpas will be in charge?

I would think that, if this were true, one person, who is currently employed by the club may take over in the interim with another being brought in to assist.

Ooh the mystery deepens .

I agree it will be CC that way the club don't have to pay out another salary