Butcher to go.....we're broke!

Reliably_Informed

I hope that if this is true and Butcher and Malpas do go within the next 2 weeks the DOF does the decent thing and walk out the front door with them, closely followed by the rest of them upstairs that have led this club into the mire.

Aye right, the 'boys' will be ok and we might hear the usual excuses and the Heathmount crew will bumble blindly on leaving the club deteriorating.

Wonder why the major shareholder and indeed the chairman are very quiet these dyas?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bennett dosen't even draw a salary anymore so he should just go anyway.

Wouldn't object to CC returning if that had to be the case, got some of our best results under him. More than experienced as a player in the 1st division and he made some excellent signings while he was in charge.

Bennett is a puppet, he has absolutley no influence over what happens at the club at all. The club/town is run by 1 man for his own agenda and thats it! When will people realise this?? If he wants to run it into the ground, he will. Rather that than someone else make a success of it!

It is reassuring at least knowing he wants new players and that there appears to be nothing stopping him.

I think our bank manager might have something to say about that suggestion.

The annoying thing is, few, if any of us have the faintest idea as to our club's present financial state.

It is reassuring at least knowing he wants new players and that there appears to be nothing stopping him.

I think our bank manager might have something to say about that suggestion.

The annoying thing is, few, if any of us have the faintest idea as to our club's present financial state.

Thats very true. It's all a case of what and see now i guess. It is rather annoying to be kept in the dark about all these things.

Bennett is a puppet, he has absolutley no influence over what happens at the club at all. The club/town is run by 1 man for his own agenda and thats it! When will people realise this?? If he wants to run it into the ground, he will. Rather that than someone else make a success of it!

Not strictly true, I believe Bennett has a huge influence on which players are given a contract extensions etc something that in my opinion has been handled so badly over the last few years is a major part of the reason we are where we are now.

Am I reading the same article as everyone else? Other than saying we have our eye on one or two players all the talk is of trying to extend one players loan signing and the possibility of players leaving. It says that as soon as the window opens their will be activity....little to suggest that it will be incoming activity.

Sounds more like a man resigned to the fact that this transfer window will be about maintaining an acceptable squad as opposed to having any real hope of strengthening it.

I expect that IF we manage to offload a few players from the fringes THEN we can look to bring in a couple of new sigings or loan deals. We really still need to reduce the wage bill and strenghten the squad at the same time. Quality vs quantity. I only hope we will be looking closer to home for players that will add quality to the team and that will stay for a few seasons.

I only hope we will be looking closer to home for players that will add quality to the team and that will stay for a few seasons.

Totally agree. we made a mistake of not looking in Scotland for players this summer but we have found some good players from far afield i.e Sanchez, Hayes, Bulvitis. But that is it. Get a few of the unrequired out, add 2 or 3 additions whether they be on loan or short term will do me fine. Provided it's possible.

I expect that IF we manage to offload a few players from the fringes THEN we can look to bring in a couple of new sigings or loan deals. We really still need to reduce the wage bill and strenghten the squad at the same time. Quality vs quantity. I only hope we will be looking closer to home for players that will add quality to the team and that will stay for a few seasons.

I think you are correct in relation to the quantity versus quality balance.

At the moment we have a large pool of in too many cases average players. This needs to be trimmed down to reduce the wage bill and also to allow a bit more quality. The reality is however that we simply do not have the cash to simply buy our way into promotion (we need to be sensible and put this season behind us - even if Dundee were to lose four games between now and the end of the season do we really believe that we will effectively win almost all the remaining games?).

This means making sure that the yound guys like Shinnie are ready for playing at this level next season (whether getting games against the lower half teams over the next four months or going out on loan).

We also have to solve the fact that mentally we are not strong enough as a team.

Examples

- We almost avoided relegation last season before effectively 'bottling it' in the last 3 or 4 games

- Twice against County we have not been up for the game

- We go in with a 2 goal lead in the cup final before capitulating

In addition to the garing need to improve the quality of players in some areas, we must also address this issue of players not being mentally strong enough either.

We will see. If it happened then I presume Malpas will be in charge?

I would think that, if this were true, one person, who is currently employed by the club may take over in the interim with another being brought in to assist.

Ooh the mystery deepens .

More like misery to be honest. Malpas would be perhaps be the worst candidate imagineable for te manager's job. In all honesty, I think I'd rather see Brewster back than him.

I have read this thread a good few times now, I am still struggling to believe that ICT are in as dire a state as claimed by some posters. My belief is that this is little more than an attempt by certain fans, buoyed up by their successes in the SPL petition and Brewster out campaigns, to create dissent amongst the general fan base with the intention of ousting the current board.

However if I am wrong and we are up to our necks in chit then I would prefer to see ICT strip the squad and start over, even if it means dropping a division maybe even two divisions to rebuild and keep ICT alive, at least then I'd still have a team to support. I have already lost Caledonian and losing ICT would see me giving up on supporting one team and using the money I save to take in four big fixtures in the EPL instead to see some quality football. I have watched ICT in the third division before and I'd happily do it again if that's what it takes to keep me watching ICT for the next 30 or more years.