Butcher to go.....we're broke!

Reliably_Informed

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as i hate the OF, looking at what the huns managment team are doing i think to be fair that shows true commitment to the club.. whats the chances???

While i do dislike to old firm quite a bit i do have alot of time for Walter and McCoist. Like you say what there doing shows there commitment and love for the club and with what very little resources they have they are doing a good job.

Something we are in desprate need of from both the dugout and the boardroom.

Edited by ajsict92

ROBBO if your reading this, would you do the job for a pie and cup oh tea???

Probably not ... BUT, if you offered him Barry as an assistant and a lifetime supply of Barry's mum's baking you might have a deal :tonguecheek:

Looks like we could be up the **** folks. Lets hold onto hope. I know its a long shot, but if we are really in this amount of ****, the club should get players and volunteers to go to the eastgate ect with buckets and try collect money. At the end of the day, ICT brought in Millions to Inverness when it was in the SPL, and if ICT where to do well again, then Inverness would again get lots of money from it. If this point could get put across to the people of Inverness then with any luck, they might part with some money and help the club out. Even if its just the odd pound or something.

Every little helps.

I wasn't referring your post, rather to that of a certain Mr Chibber above me.

I just said it was another option

Oh okay then...

So you are saying that someone from the club confirmed

"the club really are in a bad way. Butcher will probably be gone before the end of the seasons cause ICT can't afford to keep him, no-one will be brought in January cause ICT can't afford to, and the club shop and other similar things will be gone at the end of the season, should ICT be in the same state then as it is just now. We need some new investment, and we need it NOW."

Words to that effect yes.

What sort of position was this person employed? are we talking director, receptionist, tea boy??? do you think they would have any idea of the finances at the club??

I'll go as far as saying it wasn't hugely high up, but would probably know a few things. And anyway, all you have to do is get a wee bit of information with this club, put two and two together, and then you're usually not far from the truth.

What made them decide to divulge such sensitive information to you??

How am I meant to know? Maybe it's just my charm and lovely nature...

As much as i hate the OF, looking at what the huns managment team are doing i think to be fair that shows true commitment to the club.. whats the chances???

While i do dislike to old firm quite a bit i do have alot of time for Walter and McCoist. Like you say what there doing shows there commitment and love for the club and with what very little resources they have they are doing a good job.

Something we are in desprate need of from both the dugout and the boardroom.

Are you fecking serious? These two walked out on the Scotland job. Commitment? Don't talk shite!

Pull so you are saying they are not commited to Rangers? I think you missing the big picture here, Ally basicly said he work for nothing, and they are at the moment doing the job with out a contract so as not to tie the club down finacially...

Pull so you are saying they are not commited to Rangers? I think you missing the big picture here, Ally basicly said he work for nothing, and they are at the moment doing the job with out a contract so as not to tie the club down finacially...

I am questioning their loyalty to a team they WERE contracted to. They walked out on Scotland and I have no time for them at all. At least Butcher was sacked. :(

Has Terry Butcher supported ICT since he was a wee boy. :lol:

Yes by going to the team they loved...

1. They were not committed to the club who were paying their wages (incidentally their national team). Bigots
  2. They would rather walk out on a contract to be at the team they love. Bigots
  3. It has gone tits up at said club. :lol:
  4. They are trying to save face. :(
  5. FTOF. :lol:

I should have maybe used the tounge in cheek face for my whats the chances comment, and other than that i was mearly pointing out that some managment teams seem to care for what ever reason, about the club they are managing and make sacrifices for it.. thats all.

I know a few threads already exist on this, but they all speculate his going to other clubs or being sacked based on performance and this post is neither.

Butcher will, allegedly, be gone within a fortnight and the reason he is going is because we are, allegedly, skint and need to get as many people off the wage bill as possible just to ensure we can make it till the end of the season. The hope is that he finds another club and we can get a token compensation payment but that's wishful thinking on our part (regarding the compensation, not him finding another club).

Any players we can get a couple of quid for or who are on larger wages and we can offload will also go.

ICT is, allegedly, operating hand to mouth at the moment and have started to make some ridiculous cost cutting measures which some might have already noticed.

I don't think we're broke but we do have a reputation amongst players for not paying very much at all... Well we are a very small outfit. Over here in the MLS the junior members of the team get paid a mere $34,000 USD/year. That is much less than half a skilled laborers, techies or newly graduated engineers salary (well here in the US anyway). Hell, its only football. Our guys used have day jobs..... I digress.

Terry isn't going to leave. He'd have been down the road at Motherwell if he was going anywhere. He's a native now. I am sure I heard him talking about rubber bumpers, surviving and digging your gardeeen just the other day..... What would be wrong with St. Maurice of Malpas as manager anyway....

What would be wrong with St. Maurice of Malpas as manager anyway....

Is this a joke? What record of success has Malpas got? Even when he's taken over at successful clubs, he's done badly, so I can't see him doing well with a failing team.

I think Mo would be a very unpopular decision.

I wasn't referring your post, rather to that of a certain Mr Chibber above me.

What sort of position was this person employed? are we talking director, receptionist, tea boy??? do you think they would have any idea of the finances at the club??

What made them decide to divulge such sensitive information to you??

I didnt realise there was much of a difference between the tea boy, receptionist and some of our directors. Infact the former two could probably make a better attempt at running a football club!!!!

I don't think we're broke but we do have a reputation amongst players for not paying very much at all... Well we are a very small outfit. Over here in the MLS the junior members of the team get paid a mere $34,000 USD/year. That is much less than half a skilled laborers, techies or newly graduated engineers salary (well here in the US anyway). Hell, its only football. Our guys used have day jobs..... I digress.

Terry isn't going to leave. He'd have been down the road at Motherwell if he was going anywhere. He's a native now. I am sure I heard him talking about rubber bumpers, surviving and digging your gardeeen just the other day..... What would be wrong with St. Maurice of Malpas as manager anyway....

Yup, you are right about the salaries of MLS developmental players ... in fact, you are being over-generous - some of them - if you look up MLS wages on the net - are as low as 12-15K in US$

Go TFC :tonguecheek: