Boyd for Scotland

RowdyBey

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally....i say sod him....he threw his toys out of the pram once before and turned his back on his country. I would leave him out in the cold! Apart from anything else...hes fine for scoring against diddy teams and thats it

Personally....i say sod him....he threw his toys out of the pram once before and turned his back on his country. I would leave him out in the cold! Apart from anything else...hes fine for scoring against diddy teams and thats it

Interesting fact - Henrik Larson has scored more goals against Celtic than Boyd. What does that say about our national game?

Scotland are hardly blessed with an array of quality strikers and when we create chances we need to have guys on the field who know where the net is and have the instinct to be in the right place at the right time. I'm still haunted by THAT moment against Norway - was watching it in a bar full of Norwegians....slightly ruined my holiday.

Boyd's goal scoring record speaks for itself and Levein would be shooting the team in the foot to ignore a player like that who is willing to play for his country, regardless of what has happened in the past. Boyd's record at full international is 7 goals in 15 games - that includes a couple against Bulgaria in the Kirin Cup, one against Georgia in the Euro 08 qualifying, and one against Lithuania in the same qualifiers. Hardly what you would call diddy teams! In any case, they way Scotland have been playing, no team is a diddy team.

Cut off one's nose to spite one's face is it?

Not just Boyd that's coming back....

See here

That article's by the squirrel so how do you know it's the truth :)

I'm quite relaxed about Boyd coming back (if selected) as his grudge was with Burley and I have to agree that Burley is/was a useless t**t. I can understand Boyd sitting on the bench watching Iwelumo missing a sitter and thinking what do I have to do to get a game.

However the other two were banned and that's how they should stay....

I do not want him back. Any player that did what he did should not be alowed to play for his country again. No wonder players believe they are bigger than the Clubs now-a-days when their country do things like this!

And his goalscoring? Lets see....He has scored a grand total of 1 goal against Celtic, and he has scored very few in Europian Competions. He has scored 8 goals for Scotland? Most of which have been penatlies. In a team like Scotlands, you need all the players working together. Getting behing the ball. Like Rangers did in their UEFA cup run. Its the way we will progress. But Boyd doesn't do that. Hence the reason Smith left him out of so many Rangers Europian games.

I would take Iwelumo ahead of him. He is a proven goalscorer in the Championship which is a higher level than the SPL. Score 5 against a Dundee United side who looked like they were all headless. But he cannot do it against the big boys.

And his goalscoring? Lets see...

All time record in the SPL speaks volumes for me, especially given the fact he is only 26.

And if he scores 5 goals against Europe's 'diddy teams' in Scotland colours then I'll be happy.

In a team like Scotlands...

Let me finish this statement for you.

.. we need the highest quality players dispensable to us. We simply cannot afford to ignore the scoring exploits of someone like Boyd, when we are struggling to compete with the likes of Norway, Georgia and Wales.

If we are to progress as a nation then we need the best players we have playing.

I would take Iwelumo ahead of him. He is a proven goalscorer in the Championship which is a higher level than the SPL. Score 5 against a Dundee United side who looked like they were all headless. But he cannot do it against the big boys.

You need to take off your tri-colored spectacles if you would rather see Iwelumo in Scotland colours ahead of Boyd.

Off topic however, but I don't think Ferguson and MacGregor should be playing for Scotland again.

Do Scotland not always struggle against what we call the diddy teams?

Over the years we will put in a performance against the big boys but when it really matters we waste our chances by losing to a team we think we should be beating.

So for all the people saying he only scores against the diddy teams. That is exactly what we are needing.

Brinh him back

To be honest, even if Boyd had made himself available for every Scotland game, would he have actually played many more games under Burley than he had done up to that point? Similar to many of the posters here, Burley didn't rate the guy.

31 year old, injury-prone Norwegian defender Iwelumo ahead of Kris Boyd?!?!? :( :lol::lol::lol:

Chris_Iwelumo_1115860c.jpg

"aw naw!"

Do Scotland not always struggle against what we call the diddy teams?

Over the years we will put in a performance against the big boys but when it really matters we waste our chances by losing to a team we think we should be beating.

So for all the people saying he only scores against the diddy teams. That is exactly what we are needing.

Brinh him back

Exactly, it is not better to at least have someone scoring against the "diddy teams" than against nobody at all?

Leaving Boyd aside for a moment, Ferguson and McGregor do not deserve the honour of plaaying for their country ever again. Binge drinking at Cameron House on the eve of a vital World Cup qualifier is one thing but their susequent purile, immature actings at Hampden clearly contemptuous of the long suffering Scotland fans merits exlusion sine die especially as neither has shown any sign of contriition.

As far as Boyd is concerned, I personally would prefer if he never donned a dark blue shirt again especially in view of his recent public utterings through the tabloid press which are hardly redolent of humility but, in his case, if Craig Levein decided to recall him I, unlike with the other two, could just about live with the decision

That said, if he is recalled, I'd love to see how he reacts too a few matches as a squad player or unused sub !

Leaving Boyd aside for a moment, Ferguson and McGregor do not deserve the honour of plaaying for their country ever again. Binge drinking at Cameron House on the eve of a vital World Cup qualifier is one thing but their susequent purile, immature actings at Hampden clearly contemptuous of the long suffering Scotland fans merits exlusion sine die especially as neither has shown any sign of contriition.

As far as Boyd is concerned, I personally would prefer if he never donned a dark blue shirt again especially in view of his recent public utterings through the tabloid press which are hardly redolent of humility but, in his case, if Craig Levein decided to recall him I, unlike with the other two, could just about live with the decision

That said, if he is recalled, I'd love to see how he reacts too a few matches as a squad player or unused sub !

I strongly suspect Levein took the job on, on the understanding he could start with a clean sheet, and select anyone he might consider would be capable of doing a job for him.

You're probably old enough to remember Craig Brown taking on the manager's job, with a clear directive from Andy Roxburgh that Richard Gough never again be selected to play for his country. That didn't do him (or Scotland) any favours.

Sadly in Scotland, we are not blessed with a huge array of talent to choose from. I'd be quite happy to see all three of the above named players coming back into the frame again - I'm quite sure it would help, rather than hinder our cause.

What McGreggor and Ferguson did was purile and immature - however I do believe their contempt was aimed at the media rather than long suffering Scotland fans.

Sine die is a long, long time, M'lud.

dont see why so many view ferguson and mcgregor as worse sinners than boyd. in good scottish tradition they went on a wee bender then acted like wee kids to the media yet at least on the field ferguson was a proud captain and you could see it meant a lot to them.boyd however turned his back on the country because the manager chose not to play him, something he should have been used to at rangers.

that said, i'd be happy to draw a line under it and select all 3 of them and have boyd as an unused sub in the first game at least