Celtic v Rangers

Johnboy

I don't usually bother watching these games but it will be interesting to see if Kris Boyd can maintain his scoring form, even if it's just against another diddy club.

Got a feeling Rangers will win this one despite being without Miller, Bougherra and Naismith. If they do win, the title race would be virtually over.

looks like its going be easy win for rangers today.they are playing the far better football than celtic

Boydy has earned the right to turn Larsson's Parkhead Paradise into his own personal field of dreams

hope boydy score 2 today

Really? You can't have seen many of them.

Yeah. I try my best not to watch them so i went over with my mates (who are huns) and watched the worst game ever. Hardly any shots on goal, no fighting etc.... thought that was most old firms were about that.

Really was a dire spectacle. Fortune goal should have stood but McDonald was touch n go for offside for his goal so all even there me thinks.

Lafferty was lucky not to break Hinkels leg - awful challenge.

Didnt think Boyd would score once Novo went off. Had draw written all over it. Really bad game. Picked up to mediocre in 2nd half but the level of football on display was embarrassing if that is meant to showcase Scottish football.

The Hibs Hearts game was pretty good though. Black came on and did well and Rankin had a decent game too. Red card each and a higher standard of football with end to end action.

Bugger it. Just had a quick glance on this post to see the Man U game was on 993 at the same time is gutting. Robson was decent today. I hope we can pull one of them in the cup (IF we beat Motherwell). I don't think either side are anything special. Watching the Huns today, I'm shocked they put 7 past united last week.

I watched the old firm game as my wife's family are all Celtic fans. I thought it was pretty entertaining, if a bit one-sided. Certainly plenty of chances and only a cracking save and some awful finishing kept Celtic from winning.

I can't wait to read the morning papers and read all the (no doubt) 'outrage' from one side of the OF about the disallowed goal. In the spirit of it being a competitive game where you want to see meaty challenges etc then it was a very soft foul... however, fact is, it was a foul and therefore technically correct to be disallowed. The replays clearly showed fortune's arm nudging McGregor's arm before Fortune then headed the ball, thus impeding McGregor after he had both hands on the ball in the air. The controversy that will rage on about the disallowed goal will of course ignore the fact that, for all their dominance, Celtic were pretty poor up front, with the exception of McDonald, and should have killed the game off easily.

The other incident where Lafferty was shown a yellow card for his studs up challenge.... thought he was very very lucky to still be on the pitch. I can only think that the ref maybe didn't quite see just how high his boot was. I expected a red card to be shown.

The thing that annoys me about the OF games is that any semi-contraversial incident is blown up into a major talking point that is debated and analysed for weeks. A Rangers fan I know actually has a season-by-season spreadsheet on his computer of major decisions that have went for and against his team in comparison to decisions for and against Celtic.... sums it up really! Meanwhile us poor folk seem to manage to accept that sometimes you get the breaks and sometimes you don't... it all just evens itself out over the course of a season!

Boydy has earned the right to turn Larsson's Parkhead Paradise into his own personal field of dreams

Boyd isnt fit to lace larssons boots...let alone be mentioned in the same breath as him. Yeah boys has passed Larssons record...but....A half fit Larsson was a better player than a fully fit Boyd

The finishing was crap but the game overall was fairly entertaining.

Rangers were obviously playing for the point and Celtic's attacking play was good but the final product usually from Samaras or McGeady was rather poor.

When the wee G from down under put the Hoops ahead i thought it was game over but Rangers did well to fight back and hold on as that save from McGregor was top class. The 0-0 draw last season was terrible.

Steve Conroy's decision making left alot to discuss as well.

Edited by ajsict92

Celtic should of won. But didn't. I thought the ref was good expect the goal and Lafferty's challange. Samaras and Fortune played some good football but the finishing touch wasn't there. Passed Rangers off the park. Boyd didn't have a sniff. As per usuall in a game against a "challanging" opponent. Celtic deserved to win. Shocking defending from Caldwell. Let his man free at the goal. Loovens was shakey as per.

Couldn't lace Larssons boots? Nah, Boyd couldn't wipe Larssons arse. It is funny those who think Boyd is better. Larsson had a 0.84 goal ratio (Roughly) While Boyd has something like 0.68! Henke was proven at THE highest level of football. He came on and won the Europian cup for Barcalona. I would laugh if someone even insinuated that about Boyd. Boyd is a good finisher in Scotland. Nothing more. That was on show in the Derby.

Celtic should of won. But didn't. I thought the ref was good expect the goal and Lafferty's challange. Samaras and Fortune played some good football but the finishing touch wasn't there. Passed Rangers off the park. Boyd didn't have a sniff. As per usuall in a game against a "challanging" opponent. Celtic deserved to win. Shocking defending from Caldwell. Let his man free at the goal. Loovens was shakey as per.

Couldn't lace Larssons boots? Nah, Boyd couldn't wipe Larssons arse. It is funny those who think Boyd is better. Larsson had a 0.84 goal ratio (Roughly) While Boyd has something like 0.68! Henke was proven at THE highest level of football. He came on and won the Europian cup for Barcalona. I would laugh if someone even insinuated that about Boyd. Boyd is a good finisher in Scotland. Nothing more. That was on show in the Derby.

It was hardly a game to rate him on. Proabably one of Rangers better players in terms of chasing the ball down, which even i was suprised at. Rangers themselves had absolutely nothing in creation in the final third. As soon as they got to the half way line they would lose it.

I would have said it was more testiment to Celtics dominance that Boyd did not get a sniff. They did their job. Kept it out of harms way.

Larsson had a 0.84 goal ratio (Roughly) While Boyd has something like 0.68!

I like that "roughly" and "something like" with such precise figures.

FACT - Larsson was a better player than Boyd.

FACT - It is hardly an insult to say Larsson is better than Boyd. He was probably the best player to have played in Scotland in the last 15 years, if not the best outright.

Another difference was that Larsson was dangerous all over the pitch, while Boyd is only dangerous in the six yard box.

Im pretty sure if you took Larssons goals, 90% would be in the 18 yard box. Dont Imagine Boyd would be too far behind.

I think its folly to compare the 2. The only real comparision is that Boyd has scored just more in Scotland.

Larsson was a better play of which i'm sure no one really truthfully doubts.