Thanks a lot ICT.

I tried and tried, I don't think I could have done any more. My son has been brought up on ICT, a season ticket holder since he could walk, but today he broke my heart, today he uttered the words "Dad, I support Celtic (and ICT) too". He says he still supports ICT but I wonder how long it will be before he is seen in those ghastly hoops. I wont stop him because I have a strong belief in freedom of choice but something has gone wrong and I know I tried my best and will continue to do so. A sad direction for the followers of this club to start to take and I fear this is only the beginning of the exodus.

Jeeez.... Real sorry to hear that, Birdy mate, must be like your worst nightmare come true.

Have you explained to him that the other half of the OF will more likely be Scottish Champions by the end of the season?

Ps... I noticed you had another go at His Holiness again on Christmas Day - in drag this time....

Ah well - maybe one of these days...

:025:

BD, We have in our own ranks a few big team diddy team fans.... Its a commen infection, as yet no cream has been found, however its just the way kids are, i remember being forced to pick sides, Aberdeen on Rangers... Caley or Thistle its an age old thing...

I just hope by the time Georgeios Jnr is big enough that ICT is eather still on the go, that said, his diddy team will be Lossiemouth...

Edited by Georgeios

Damn. Means we won't be calling him Caleyjags anymore! :(

:lol: That is a shame.

Don't worry Birdy, I used to be a Tim. But grew out of it, there is still hope.

Funnily enough I suffered from the same affliction once myself, totally cured now though, hopefully it's just a phase.

Damn. Means we won't be calling him Caleyjags anymore! :(

:lol: That is a shame.

Don't worry Birdy, I used to be a Tim. But grew out of it, there is still hope.

Funnily enough I suffered from the same affliction once myself, totally cured now though, hopefully it's just a phase.

I am sure it will be. The cure it to take him to as many ICT games as possible, and don't buy him any Celtic things :(

Birdie, birdie, birdie, we all feel for your predicment but you musn't beat yourself up about it. It is, however, very wrong to blame ICT for this situation. There are some obvious faults in the upbringing of this child. If he had been brought up totally brainwashed into being one of the old scum then no matter how his team were performing he would not change his allegiance. Alas. you tried to be the liberal parent, obviously thinking,rightly or wrongly, that he would grow to make the correct choices.

As I see it he has obviously been let down by one or both parents. He has not been properly indoctrinated on the subjects of pride, passion and hatred. Pride and passion for his team and hatred of the Black Isle dwellers. He has obviously not been dragged through the area's of hatred singing and shouting, high on mind changing chemicals. He probably never even had a Caley Jaggie coloured pram or a dummy that sang 'Bring it on home' every time he sooked it. Did he wake up each morning to a room full of posters of the greatest footballing hero's the world has known? Bavage? Christie? Fox? Probably not. Did you take the time to teach him the claaap, claaap, clap, clap, clap? Or was he left in his room for hours on end with nothing on tv but Setanta?

It's not quite the end or the world though mate. The Caley Jaggies will, once again, rise from the mire and become the best the Highlands have ever produced and the glory seeking wee bugger will turn. :lol:

I think its Dornoch Primary schools fault. Its either one side of the Old Firm you support, nobody else. He is probably just trying to fit it with the crowd. A certain, L . Andrews (your neighbour) used to call me names for supporting ICT, and wearing my ICT top to school :lol:

Birdie, birdie, birdie, we all feel for your predicment but you musn't beat yourself up about it. It is, however, very wrong to blame ICT for this situation. There are some obvious faults in the upbringing of this child. If he had been brought up totally brainwashed into being one of the old scum then no matter how his team were performing he would not change his allegiance. Alas. you tried to be the liberal parent, obviously thinking,rightly or wrongly, that he would grow to make the correct choices.

As I see it he has obviously been let down by one or both parents. He has not been properly indoctrinated on the subjects of pride, passion and hatred. Pride and passion for his team and hatred of the Black Isle dwellers. He has obviously not been dragged through the area's of hatred singing and shouting, high on mind changing chemicals. He probably never even had a Caley Jaggie coloured pram or a dummy that sang 'Bring it on home' every time he sooked it. Did he wake up each morning to a room full of posters of the greatest footballing hero's the world has known? Bavage? Christie? Fox? Probably not. Did you take the time to teach him the claaap, claaap, clap, clap, clap? Or was he left in his room for hours on end with nothing on tv but Setanta?

It's not quite the end or the world though mate. The Caley Jaggies will, once again, rise from the mire and become the best the Highlands have ever produced and the glory seeking wee bugger will turn. :lol:

I tried my very best to take offence at everything you wrote in that post, alas, I could not for laughing myself into a heap on the floor, good post dude.

You are wrong though, the fault lies squarely with ICT, if the club had followed the script as written by Hansel and Gretel we would have been achieving top six positions constantly in each year we spent in the SPL with this season being our qualification for Europe and Scottish cup triumphs. I fear now that since the impossible dream has been shattered that star shall no longer be followed by as many as those lacking stamina give it up as hopeless. The next time we step up to beat the unbeatable foe the stands will be a little barer.

I think its Dornoch Primary schools fault. Its either one side of the Old Firm you support, nobody else. He is probably just trying to fit it with the crowd. A certain, L . Andrews (your neighbour) used to call me names for supporting ICT, and wearing my ICT top to school :lol:

Are you sure that's the reason he was calling you names, DJ?

Are you sure that's the reason he was calling you names, DJ?

Yeah, positive. He was just stating how bad ICT were when ever I wore my ICT shirt, and he couldn't understand why I supported them.

Edited by DornochJAGGIE

You lot have nothing to compare with my predicament!

My nephew was encouraged to come North from Nottingham after Christmas - what did he and family encounter - Hogmanany Party at Northern Meeting Park cancelled (playing a cd of the Red Hot Chili Pipers was no recompense) - then ICT Game v Ross County postponed (after I had taught his two daughter to sing "who put the o and u in County etc (hoping they didnt understand)(and bought 4 tickets which are now surplus). Then after we dug the snow from around the cars and he eventually set off south - what happened - the team has supported for umpteen years win against Man Utd! Auntie is NOT flavour of the month!

ICT better win the rescheduled game or else!

By the way, I think I will be expected to contribute towards the cost of the tickets for Leeds v Spurs! Is there anywhere I can hide in Tulloch Stadium?

I tried and tried, I don't think I could have done any more. My son has been brought up on ICT, a season ticket holder since he could walk, but today he broke my heart, today he uttered the words "Dad, I support Celtic (and ICT) too". He says he still supports ICT but I wonder how long it will be before he is seen in those ghastly hoops. I wont stop him because I have a strong belief in freedom of choice but something has gone wrong and I know I tried my best and will continue to do so. A sad direction for the followers of this club to start to take and I fear this is only the beginning of the exodus.

Forget freedom of choice if it is the wrong choice!! Do all you can to stop him before it's to late!

What a terrible start to the year for you. Hope he sees sense soon. You could maybe try that aversion therapy to try to cure him of this affliction - maybe a Celtic shirt wired up to some form of electro-shock device?

Its exactly the same down here in Englandshire. My two sons who were born in Berkshire, support Liverpool and Newcastle, not any of the local teams like Reading or Wycombe. At least they are true ICT fans and accompany me up to games occasionally. However I cannot get my grandchildren to show any interest in ICT whatsoever, despite various bribes from me . They only support Chelsea and Manchester United, again ignoring the local Berkshire teams. Personally, I think it is all wrong, but what can one do?

New day, new attitude.

Thanks for all the words of support guys but I have, hopefully, managed to change his mind. He asked why I did not want him supporting Celtic and after explaining about terrorist supporting scum he seems to have taken my point of view. He did ask about supporting Rangers but I convinced him that both of those weegie teams are the same idiots with different colours.

I have convinced him that if he really needs to give in to his glory seeking feelings he should pick a team from England or Spain so I think he said Man U and Barcelona would be his big teams. A lucky escape for me but I still fear for the future of ICT as they no longer have any appeal for even the most indoctrinated of youngsters.

Boring day on the Rig Alex,, rather verbose, per you!!

Slovan Godam vernucular Russian = Happy New Year

Boring day on the Rig Alex,, rather verbose, per you!!

Slovan Godam vernucular Russian = Happy New Year

It is quite boring at this time of year. And as they say in these parts Bliathna bha Ur (sp.) to you and yours. And here's hoping for a more successful year and a seeing of the light for the wee birdie.