Imrie

snowball3117

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd - we were assured he was joining County.

He'll be a loss to us when he played well but other times I would have happily driven him to his next club. For his sake I hope he puts in some serious effort at Accies. They'll be on to him in a second if he falters.

Accies can now confirm the signing from Inverness Caledonian Thistle of striker Dougie Imrie for a five figure fee. Dougie, 26, is a local lad from Lanark who was previously junior with his local team before going to Clyde then onto ICT for a reported ?35,000 two years ago. He was previously the subject of transfer bids from Accies last summer as well as earlier this January window.

Club staff are still working on other possibilities before the window closes.

Taken from http://www.acciesfc.co.uk/.

Some fans should be ashamed of themselves if the part of the reason he was happy to leave was because of some of our fans. However, if he thought our fans were bad, i cant imagine he will feel the best own there.

Sad to see him go, but onwards and upwards, for both player and club hopefully.

Guest Mahonio

Yes Stuart Duff and 1 other.

Is this happening or what you want?

Regarding Imrie, i wouldn't have minded him going to Killie if we got Fernandez but as this hasn't happened it doesn't worry me as we have enough strikers.

The reason i wanted Fernandez is because he is a good enough player who WOULD GET US GOALS and it would have been a signing, which to be honest, i am wanting in the next 30mins or so.

Not surprised to see him go although i'm gutted.

He'll still never live down his 'oh Inverness' rendition at the red and blue ball last season. :lol:

All the best back in the SPL dougie - see you next season :P

I like Imrie and think he was a player that had a genuine affection for the majority of our fans/Inverness. I'm sure the recent section G hate campaign probably made up his mind but he was a player that left everything on the pitch and had some character (which you don't often see from a lot of players these days)

My main problems with him as a player are, he doesn't have a natural position i.e too slow for the wing and not affective when played upfront. He was too inconsistent, injury & suspension prone, however, when he was on form he would win a match for us and showed some tremendous skill & some terrific goals

I always expected him to leave because he is a sellable asset and at the moment the club is pinching every penny but if they were going to sell him it should have been before the start of the season when he would've sold for more money and it could be reinvested, not on the last day when there was no oppertunity to sign a cheaper alternative!!!! (take breath)

All the best to Dougie, he should enjoy the remainder of time Hamilton have left in the SPL (wont be long)