PS3 question

SMEE

I was under the impression that the ps3 played ALL previous games from the previous versions of the console? But my youngest decides he wanted to play Lego Star wars (for the ps2) on the PS3...instead of the Lego star wars i bought him for the ps3. But it says the system will not play the discs? Am a bit peed off...as part of the reason i bought it was because i was under the impression that it would play ps1, ps2 games also? Does this sound correct?

It is only the 60Gb PS3 that's backward compatible with the PS2....although I am no console expert.

not a consle expert either but according to Sony the 20Gb, 60Gb and early 80Gb models were backward compatible, everything since is labelled as non-compatible or having limited compatibility .... interestingly enough, it does say some PS1 games are more likely to work !

http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/232

Probably not much use to you but PS2s can be picked up for peanuts these days - and they double up as a DVD player.

There's no programs / software available to get old games running on the new models. The models CaleyD and Scotty mentioned were fazed out a long time ago.

Sorry SMEE!

SMEE if your looking for a cheap ps2 you can have mine. Its in working order. The only games i play on it is LMA the manager games since you dont get them for the ps3.

PM if you want

Edited by WYNESS101

Thanx folks. as it goes...i already have 2 ps2s in the house. its just the wee man wanted to play lego star wars for the ps2 on the ps3, rather than the lego star wars i got him for ps3, for reasons best known to him lol....bless him