Dundee's relentless march to the title.....

tm4tj

Dundee were practically everybodies favourites to cruise to the SPL long before the season started. The curse of the relegated team has seen us hang on the outer fringe of the battle for promotion along with todays opponents for the jute wallah's, Dunfermline. With Raith Rovers usurping the Harry Wraggs yesterday and Airdrie dicovering that the City of Discovery is not such a daunting place to visit is the engraver right to continue to etch Dundee's name on the SFL trophy?

On the face of it, Dundee appear to be strolling to the inevitable, promotion to the fame and fortune of the SPL, meeting wonderful fans from far away places, like the Arabs and the Huns, and even the Irish. But can the rest of the division do anything to halt Jocky Scott's juggernaut of the SFL. It would appear that most of the top seven teams are capable of beating each other on their day, apart from us, as we have still to get into second gear. However, should the chasing pack work together to hunt them down, then their seemingly insurmountable lead will suddenly look more fragile as the months pass. Most teams still have to play Dundee twice, that's six points that they should all be looking to recover, including us. Now I know it's not possible that every team will manage this, but as Joe Cocker said to me the other week, "with a little help from our friends", then maybe mission impossible could happen........

................this message will self destruct in ten seconds :cdn-flag:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's little doubt that Dundee will hit a sticky patch between now and the end of the season. The big question is whether ICT will have the grit and consistency to take advantage of any slip.

Sorry to have to say I think Ross County are better equipped to mount a meaningful challenge than we are.

:lol: As you lads wid say "I BELIEEEEEVE " massive 3 points today,mate just phoned fae Dens,played great first half but weren't at the races 2nd half, got pulverised fae Dunfermline, 1 Griffiths attempt and his goal but eh'll take winning ugly till the end of the season

Johnboy, Jocky is i believe, the first mamager to have won all cups in Scotland! Scottish,League and Alba :(

I think Dee have got just about enough in their squad to take the title.

Good luck to them.

Will probably be the first time Jocky Scott's ever won anything.

Pretty certain he was the one who took them up last time before leaving to allow the Bonetti's to come in.

I think Dee have got just about enough in their squad to take the title.

Good luck to them.

Will probably be the first time Jocky Scott's ever won anything.

Pretty certain he was the one who took them up last time before leaving to allow the Bonetti's to come in.

All I know is he did feck all at Dunfermline....

Completely and utterly feck all...

Don't know how he can show his big fat ugly face around the Auld Grey Toun....

A nightmare, a complete and utter feckin nightmare.

Edited by Johnboy

I can't even remember when he was at Dump Ferm Land,

He was at Dundee took them to SPL Im sure then left. Think he finished the 1st SPL season they came up and finished 5th. I then think he took a job in Engerlundshire. Notts County maybe?

Lee Griffiths will surely be offski to an SPL team/Engerlund before the end of Jan.

Lets feckin hope so....

Oh, btw...that feckin squeek on my car's back again....

Never been right ever since you took the petrol out the diesel tank.....

Well Jermaine Beckford has withdrawn his transfer request. Its not like Leeds have performed well since they beat Man Utd though. a draw and defeat (only 3rd of season) Anyway as one of the teams rumoured to be interested in Griffiths it probably looks less likely for him to go there but you never know.

The phrase "ya can't polish a turd" springs to mind,Jocky's no everybodies idea of a good manager but his teams will always be very hard to beat,was treated very badly at Dens last time round with the Marrs Bonnetti era seeing him out the door as we were in our highest SPL position,hopefully he can see the job through this time.

Caley 100, while ya never say never LG is on a 3 year contract at Dens so it would take some offer to shift him.

The phrase "ya can't polish a turd" springs to mind,Jocky's no everybodies idea of a good manager but his teams will always be very hard to beat,was treated very badly at Dens last time round with the Marrs Bonnetti era seeing him out the door as we were in our highest SPL position,hopefully he can see the job through this time.

He did sweet FA at Hibs, and next to nothing at Dundee in his first spell in charge...

He's got lucky this time round by virtue of having a wee bit of money to spend. That might get him to the SPL but it's unlikely to keep him there.

He did sweet FA at Hibs, and next to nothing at Dundee in his first spell in charge...

He's got lucky this time round by virtue of having a wee bit of money to spend. That might get him to the SPL but it's unlikely to keep him there.

He was only the caretaker manager at Hibs, almost 15 years ago for 13 games and I'd hardly call winning promotion and then leading Dundee to their Highest ever SPL finish in the 1st season up as "next to nothing"

And again he only managed Dunfermline over 17 years ago for 8 games so it can't exactly be held against him that he did "feck all" surely?

He also had a good record as co-manager at Aberdeen.

And what matters most is he is going to take Dundee up.

Dundee have yet to have a bad spell in this league. Every team has one. The 3 games against us, i really dont think they have been anything special. We outplayed them and should have beaten them all 3 times. They just look like a team that can grind out results. They cant keep that form up.

On the other hand, we've had our bad spell. I firmly believe that we can put a long run of wins together and that this league will be a lot closer than everyone thinks. Its definately still on

Dundee have yet to have a bad spell in this league. Every team has one. The 3 games against us, i really dont think they have been anything special. We outplayed them and should have beaten them all 3 times. They just look like a team that can grind out results. They cant keep that form up.

On the other hand, we've had our bad spell. I firmly believe that we can put a long run of wins together and that this league will be a lot closer than everyone thinks. Its definately still on

Its certainly possible that we could go on a run of games. And we have players capable. I dont think though that even if Dundee do slip up it will not be big enough for them to be caught. And we have yet to see what they will do in the January window.