tonights footbal

Feb82000

So glad for Hibs. I've never supported them but the team they've got now is so close to being a title challenging team (and doesn't every supporter outside the OF and Hearts want that?). Keep their players plus very limited investment in the centre of midfield (a little terrier like Ian Black would have been ideal) and maybe a big ugly centre-back (moving Murray out to left-back), then it's probably the best team outside the Old Firm since Jefferies' Hearts.

But it's Hibs. Expect Riordan, Stokes, Miller, Murray and Hogg to be shipped out at the first opportunity. What a let down that'll be!

I stated pretty early on that I didn't rate Mogga. His interest is in developing players and playing flowing football, not winning at any cost, hence all these schoolboy Scandinavians and money-making Orientals. That's what got his considerably better squad at WBA relegated, whilst the likes of Stoke and Hull survived.

For a defender as well, WBA shipped a lot of loose goals, whilst at Celtic, last year's player of the season, Gary Caldwell, and their captain, McManus - whose been a rock in their defence for Scotland and against Manchester United - have both looked like amateurs. Plus asking for ?1/2M for a 4-month loan for their unwanted captain? Shoddy treatment for a good servant to their club.

By the way Feb2008, who do you support? ICT or Rangers? Isn't it time we left all this big and wee team in the past? Rangers were our direct rivals for years in the SPL. Can you imagine Blackburn fans saying they support Manchester United as their big club?

In answer to Starchief. I support 2 clubs. One Scottish - ICT, one English - Manchester United. I also watch out for Real Madrid and Perth Glory results as have visited their grounds for matches. I fail to understand the mentality of people from the Highlands who support the old firm. Although I do understand geography has very little to do with it!!

As far as supporting other clubs go I've always been something of a Man U fan.

That was up until last night... The abuse dished out by their support to Tevez and Bellamy (he was also hit by a coin) was totally unacceptable.

I hope they get hammered in the final. If they didn't have Rooney, they wouldn't have much of a team.

As far as supporting other clubs go I've always been something of a Man U fan.

That was up until last night... The abuse dished out by their support to Tevez and Bellamy (he was also hit by a coin) was totally unacceptable.

I hope they get hammered in the final. If they didn't have Rooney, they wouldn't have much of a team.

Giggs? Fletcher?

Also don't let an element of the support put you off a club. Remember sector of section G/ Imrie not that long ago. Does that now mean you want ICT to get hammered by Partick?

Edited by Hearach